Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Won't it be great when Tesla solves their logistics challenges by activating full self driving at the factory and having the cars (and trucks) deliver themselves?
Unlikely, due to carrier insurance and liability issues. When is the handover official? When it leaves the factory, or when it arrives at your house with rock chips in the windshield?

Also unneccessary. US Federal Law requires all Mfgr to charge the Delivery & Doc fee. Tesla is not losing money shipping the cars.

Where FSD will be useful is at the factory gate and the delivery center. If the cars can drive themselves onto the trailer is an organized, swift and efficient manner, Tesla can increase throughput in auto loading operations, and reduce labor costs. Eventually, the Tesla Semi will use FSD to drive to the delivery center. Then Tesla will be paying the Delivery + Doc fee to themselves. :D

Similarly, if the cars unload themselves at the destination and automatically park in an assigned spot, it saves labor at the delivery center. And its better to just summon the car into the delivery prep bay than pay some rando temp worker to wander around the parking lot looking for VINs.

"Multiple efficiencies in multiple dimensions." -- S.R. Hadden

Cheers!

Last edited:
I have to drive 2.5 hours to my nearest service center. When I've had to make that drive, I remind myself I COULD BE driving 10 minutes to the Ford dealership - and then I am overjoyed to make that 2.5 hour drive.

I would drive 5 hours to get my Tesla serviced over 1 minute for any gas car.

And it has NOTHING to do with the environment. The car is just THAT good!!!!
You should tweet this to EM. May be he will revise his plan ;)

• Funny
Reactions: AZRI11 and wipster
Unlikely, due to carrier insurance and liability issues. When is the handover official? When it leaves the factory, or when it arrives at your house with rock chips in the windshield?

Also unneccessary. US Federal Law requires all Mfgr to charge the Delivery & Doc fee. Tesla is not losing money shipping the cars.

Where FSD will be useful is at the factory gate and the delivery center. If the cars can drive themselves onto the trailer is an organized, swift and efficient manor, Tesla can increase throughput in auto loading operations, and reduce labor costs.

Similarly, if the cars unload themselves at the detination, and automatically park in an assigned spot, it saves labor at the delivery center. Of course, its better to just summon the car into the delivery prep bay than for some rando temp worker to wander around the parking lot looking for VINs.

"Multiple efficiencies in multiple dimensions." -- S.R. Hadden

Cheers!
Man are you late to the party...

this is just factually incorrect. there's a reason two teams of lawyers advised him to settle, they don't just turn down tons of fees that they would have gotten with a trial for no reason.
I believe they advised him to settle to calm the UNCERTAINTY and to SAVE TIME, and for no other material reasons.

In other words, "nuh uh"

meh, Tesla is scaling at unprecedented rates *sugar* happens. important thing for Elon to realize now is that he needs to put more people in position to look at things like this and make the call vs doing everything himself.
I think he looked at the massive scale of people buying in unexpected places around the country and basically is saying:

“We need a bigger boat.”

Those who bought EAP would add FSD for certain if the sales advisers dangled "free" chip upgrade at time of purchase.
Tesla will switch production over to HW3 all at once. Afterward, no Tesla will ship with the older Nvidia CPUs. Elon has already said that the new chip is cheaper than the DrivePX2 in HW2, and Tesla will be insourcing again instead of paying Nvidia for the chip.

So everyone will have the "free" chip except those that buy before the switch and don't pay for FSD. Tesla has adjusted FSD prices so that's its cheaper for those customers to pay for it now, and get the free upgrade when its ready.

BTW, Ben Sullens of "Teslanomics" consistantly gets this wrong, and recommends to his viewers to skip FSD. I hope he gets his 2 free Roadsters last. o_O

Cheers!

I love Elon but I don't swing off his nuts. There are ways to communicate details without coming off as aloof.

"Growth has been crazy, catching up on service centers ASAP. Expect gaps to be covered in 3-6 months. In mean time, mobile service is taking on and solving 95% of issues."

Dealing with the SEC is putting out a fire HE started.

I guess I'm dizzy from swinging off his nuts. Do you own one of his cars?

No BS. Just yes or no. Do you own a Tesla?

An X and a 3P+.

My 3 came with FSD ordered. I ordered FSD on 9-30 for the Model X just to help Tesla with their Q3 deposits.

GD man - STFU. The guy's running 3 companies, trying to get Model 3 production ramped up, trying to get Version 9 out, trying to fight the SEC, and you're bitching because he overlooked something?

STFU!

EDIT: Did I mention, trying to fight the moronic haters like you?

guys its not necessarily a criticism of Elon, it's something Tesla needs to get better at so that Elon can do all the things you mentioned and not have to do this himself too. this type of cult-ish reaction towards any criticism is so missing the forest for the trees

In case you hadn't noticed Donn has been banned, along with a few others I guess. It's been mercifully rational here recently, (outside of some fantasizing about Elon being an active TMC contributor).

good, these goofs try to win people over with semi-rationalism, but their true colors always come out.
and elon is not among us.
if he is, may you come out with some really incredible news so i can buy my parents a model 3 as well, i would have been able to do so just a few months ago. seems like a lifetime ago at this point. go tesla

• Love
Reactions: SpaceCash
Unlike Elon, this guy actually inhales.LOL!

View attachment 344521

"While legacy car makers can afford to sell EVs at a loss and recoup those losses with sales of internal combustion engine vehicles, which still are the preferred choice in America, Tesla doesn’t have ICE sales on which to recoup EV losses", Lutz said.

“The jaws are tightening and I think in another year or two we’ll see a movie called ‘Who Killed Tesla,’ a conspiracy movie starring Leonardo DiCaprio,” Lutz told CNBC.

what did putz ever do? seriously...if anyone has something positive to share, let me know. bc im really unaware.

also,
Elon Musk on Twitter

EV meeting in westport CT this thursday at 7pm to discuss the issues pointed out in this article tagged by EM, and some others. i’m going to try to be there. under the weather, though.

the fact that CT changed, overnight, with no heads up, their incentive to eliminate tesla purchasers (since awd and ASPs over 50k are the focus right now) from receiving the tax credit, also them trying to ban the store in greenwich, and obviously not allowing DTC sales in the state... 10,000 people petitioned for DTC sales and were ignored. CT legislation needs a wake up call. they are bullshit running the state straight into the ground.

Ship a car to a hub destination and let it drive itself to the customer's house.
Been thinking about the insurance and liability issues around this service. Seems to me, if you join the car to the Tesla Network prior to departing the Delivery Center, then the liability issues would be covered by the Tesla Network.

So yeah, I like this idea. I'm excited to be part of this plan!

this is just factually incorrect. there's a reason two teams of lawyers advised him to settle, they don't just turn down tons of fees that they would have gotten with a trial for no reason.

the scene from goodfellas all over again

“..nah, nah, you insulted him a litlte bit...you were a little out of line yourself”

(youtube clip failure...you all know what i mean anyway)

Status
Not open for further replies.