Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pretty sure @MXWing is neither of those, also pretty sure he/she has tesla’s, i’ve seen in different threads he/she posts in but i missed what caused all the turbulence, and i don’t have the cleanest mouth either, so i’m not taking sides. they’ve both been here a while. i say bury it and forge ahead.
Actually that was referring to @Buddyroe

where was the info i saw about ordering a model 3 (i was thinking AWD) by a certain date to ensure delivery and 7500 tax credit by 12/31
can’t find it on elon’s or tesla twitter or tesla website

ok so back to tesla..
was it oct 15?
but i think they said 8 weeks to delivery,
which means maybe a few week buffer to still get an AWD by the end of year to get full tax credit??
thoughts?
really wasn’t kidding about wanting to get my parents one. they are getting up there, and still do a decent amount of highway driving to see my nephews in ct from Pa, along with their daily driving.
i’d feel better w them in model 3 (s&x out of question, too much $) with safety and driving assistance.
i remember an article a few years ago about a guy having a stroke or heart attack and his S pulled over and alerted 911 (was that fiction or?? - maybe just the pulling over part happened?)

probably was still mobileye package in car at time. was he in EAP at time of incident?

reason asking, again, is bc parents are getting up there and my father, who does most of the driving isn’t exactly as sharp as he used to be, understandably.
thanks.

edit -thanks mr @RobStark
btw, i’m still not over what they did to you..way too early in the series

where was the info i saw about ordering a model 3 (i was thinking AWD) by a certain date to ensure delivery and 7500 tax credit by 12/31
can’t find it on elon’s or tesla twitter or tesla website

The deadline to guarantee delivery by 12/31 was yesterday. 10/15/18.

You still might get it by 12/31 if you order right now. But not guaranteed.

Where are we going to meet? Either way, I'm buying lunch so you have nothing to lose.

In fact, let's make it a Tesla event. Let's announce the time and place right here on this forum. Everyone can come and see your Tesla.

This thread turn into Tinder market action.... WTF

Back on subject.

Been watching the charts the last few days and the markets been going up slowly but for some reason I do not see it going up from being oversold. I assume it's still being shorted that is causing this? MACD Still showing bearish. Anyone know when the quarter meeting is going to be held. I read a few pages back it's usually the last week of Rocktober?

Back on subject.

Been watching the charts the last few days and the markets been going up slowly but for some reason I do not see it going up from being oversold. I assume it's still being shorted that is causing this? MACD Still showing bearish. Anyone know when the quarter meeting is going to be held. I read a few pages back it's usually the last week of Rocktober?

bloom still showing halloween. i think they default it to the 5th wednesday after quarter end. i doubt they’ll do it then. i’m betting thursday 1st or tuesday 6th, 7th etc
bc to my knowledge they haven’t done it on a mon or fri ever. but we’ll find out shortly. usually a week or two before

At least in v8, this was through map data. While sometimes it flips over to a different speed limit exactly as I pass the sign, often it is out of date and has an incorrect speed limit displayed or switches over when nothing was posted. More often, it never changes at all because it thinks the whole stretch is one speed.

What was really weird is what the nav data was far behind but the visualized map data was updated. In Marble Falls, there's a street that intersects FM 1431 which was moved over to make room for the parking lot of a new retail store. When I used navigation from my dad's house in Marble Falls to home in DFW, the navigation clearly drew a blue line over the parking lot instead of following the correctly drawn road on the map. o_O That street was changed last year, maybe the year before. It's been a while...

I don't know if v9 has improved any of this, I'm still waiting :(
It has not. I have it and I still see all of these shortcomings.

Back on subject.

That’s gonna he a swipe left for me on Buddy there.

I haven’t looked at options premiums lately but I bet IV is going to be higher than usual starting 4th week of October. I’m going to put my educated guess on announcement by next week with actual date being first week of November.

I'm sorry everyone. I know I've been a butthole this evening. But, I'm truly fed up with trying to be nice. For 5 years, I've taken the high road and tried to educate the ignorant f..k's on Fox news and the WSJ about Tesla. I've explained the FACTS. I've told them that Ford got a loan under the same loan program Tesla did. I've told them that Tesla paid their loan back 9 years early and Ford still owes over $3B. I've told them that the $7500 tax credit is available to ALL manufacturers and should Tesla tell people NOT to take their tax credit? I've asked them if it was Tesla fault the law was enacted. I've told them OVER and OVER that it was BUSH that created the EV incentives. I've told them the rebate was not created for Tesla. I've told them that the 8 fires that Tesla has had is FAR less than the average fire rate in gas cars, but gas car fires don't make the news. I've told them that the reason they know that Josh Brown got killed while using auto pilot is that it is so rare for a death to happen that you KNOW THE GUY'S NAME!. Gas car accidents don't make the news because they are common place. I've explained it.

I've told them fact, after fact, after fact. I'm done with that facts and I went on a tirade today. I went off on the SOBs. Unfortunately, it carried over here.

I apologize.

I'm sorry everyone. I know I've been a butthole this evening. But, I'm truly fed up with trying to be nice. For 5 years, I've taken the high road and tried to educate the ignorant f..k's on Fox news and the WSJ about Tesla. I've explained the FACTS. I've told them that Ford got a loan under the same loan program Tesla did. I've told them that Tesla paid their loan back 9 years early and Ford still owes over $3B. I've told them that the $7500 tax credit is available to ALL manufacturers and should Tesla tell people NOT to take their tax credit? I've asked them if it was Tesla fault the law was enacted. I've told them OVER and OVER that it was BUSH that created the EV incentives. I've told them the rebate was not created for Tesla. I've told them that the 8 fires that Tesla has had is FAR less than the average fire rate in gas cars, but gas car fires don't make the news. I've told them that the reason they know that Josh Brown got killed while using auto pilot is that it is so rare for a death to happen that you KNOW THE GUY'S NAME!. Gas car accidents don't make the news because they are common place. I've explained it.

I've told them fact, after fact, after fact. I'm done with that facts and I went on a tirade today. I went off on the SOBs. Unfortunately, it carried over here.

I apologize.
It's ok, the time is upon us where we won't need to say anything except "ok... watch"

Matter of fact that's already where I'm at with the discussion among haters.

That’s gonna he a swipe left for me on Buddy there.

I haven’t looked at options premiums lately but I bet IV is going to be higher than usual starting 4th week of October. I’m going to put my educated guess on announcement by next week with actual date being first week of November.

I still don't think you own a Tesla though. Sorry.

Opening of the new Shanghai Research & Development Center as part of BMW’s Innovation Day China.

Tesla establishes new technology innovation center in Beijing · TechNode

Seems we’re seeing who is willing to pay the piper. Wonder what tech transfers were part of each deal.

Regardless, anybody who makes this choice has a substantial competitive advantage over anybody who has not in the largest market in the world.

Reactions: SpaceCash
**** me, look at Netflix...
Okay, what? U mean that little $50 pop? Bah, Chump change! :eek:

NFLX.2018-10-16.png

At that growth rate GM will reach their 2017 sales figure (8.6m units) and be a pure EV company in just on three decades.

Nice to see them doing something, would like them to do a bit more.
Key word is "planning" I have see a crap top of EV plans over the last few years. Actually every time I watch a CNBC or Yahoo talking head they talk about all the "plans" the big boys have and how they are going to kill Tesla.

Wake me when it happens.

Ok, Waymo is routinely given 100 billion dollar valuations. I have seen estimates as high as 175 billion.

So, Tesla’s autonomous driving program is basically given a negative valuation?

Tesla is the world’s dominant EV producer (that’s right, I said it!). It’s is pulling away from its competition in a ridiculous fashion over the past three months. AND it has a fairly advanced autonomous program that seems to be picking up steam. Depending on who you ask, maybe ahead of Waymo. Let me not mention the other revenue streams.

So how is this a 50 billion dollar company?

Show us a profit Musky baby, and watch a SpaceX launch in your portfolio.

I see extreme inefficiencies in this market. Place your bets.

I apologize.

We appreciate your passion but being angry and militant doesn’t win converts to the cause.

Even when you are right, no one will want to agree with you.

You have to decide if it’s more important to win the argument or win the person over.

Part of the strategy of winning over others is being honest with all the pros and cons. If you can praise and be critical, you can be trusted as neither fanboy nor troll.

See below for proof of life. If you need a paypal address for lunch I can send it to you. ;)

835D7190-E10B-4FFE-AC42-3D80E86F1DD3.jpeg

We appreciate your passion but being angry and militant doesn’t win converts to the cause.

Even when you are right, no one will want to agree with you.

You have to decide if it’s more important to win the argument or win the person over.

Part of the strategy of winning over others is being honest with all the pros and cons. If you can praise and be critical, you can be trusted as neither fanboy nor troll.

See below for proof of life. If you need a paypal address for lunch I can send it to you. ;)

View attachment 344542
How is this proof? I could post an image just like this using Photoshop. Except Elon would be sitting next to me in the passenger seat. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.