Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The stock is trading near its 52 week low. Tesla’s narrative is being run by shorts/media. I’d say things are looking rather bullish to me. Trade em well.

I actually agree. Going to have a look at the charts later tonight but we are at a Week low with increase in sales and revenue. I'm going to go against what others have said here and buy back in tomorrow. Facebook also suffered the initial 20% loss after their last quater review. But I think majority of investors didn't actually look at the numbers closely. they said that They predict revenue to decrease based on previous months. But They still had massive amounts of cash and revenue still increasing for the next quater. Just not as much as the last few quarters. Based on the numbers Facebook should be worth above 200 bucks a share in the next few years.

I'm eyeballing whether the following ticker symbols are above or below an average logarithmic price in 1 year and 3 year graphs; as I look at this, it should really take into consideration the fundamentals now, 1 yr ago and 3 yrs ago for each ticker compared to its price, but I haven't done that:

QQQ, SPY (market macros during rebounding administration): just above 1 yr, way above 3 yr (still doing better than before)
NVDA (slowly growing company): just below 1 yr, way above 3 yr (doing well, innovative but in competitive market)
AMZN (fast growing company): above 1 yr, way above 3 yr (doing well)
TSLA (very fast growing company): far below 1 yr, just below 3 yr (doing very well, but stock price depressed)
AMD, AAPL (slowly declining companies): far above 1 yr, far above 3 yr (innovative but in competitive markets)
GM, F (slowly declining companies): far below 1 yr, far below 3 yr (non-innovative in innovative markets; declining companies)

In terms of potential, I think GM and F are non-innovative in an innovative field, and that has been priced into their stock prices. AMD & Nvidia look like they had upward corrections after being fast growing companies and are now finding themselves as they plateu for a while. AAPL stock price looks overextended, but perhaps it's based upon market sentiment and cash pile. AMZN makes sense since their revenue and market share are increasing along with its share price, but profits are new to it. Macros are responding to the better governance, and usual ups and downs of finding that pathway.

TSLA is the one whose stock price doesn't represent its current fast growth and innovation, but one could say that a lot of that was already priced in to the stock price, but with a lot of that future potential still not showing in the stock price. To me, TSLA's stock price is a negative story stock about how its future potential is going to be "missed" rather than obtained, and that story is being told by Fake News Media, Shorters, and all sorts of bought, owned, and invested negative manipulators. If there was any reality to any of the negative stories, we'd miss it, since it's all covered in fakery.
The stock is trading near its 52 week low. Tesla’s narrative is being run by shorts/media. I’d say things are looking rather bullish to me. Trade em well.
That's about the same thing I noticed and why I wrote the above.

Last edited:
I'd also like to point out that with the general market downturn of the last week and the hammer on Tech the bears on all sides have pockets lined with gold. They can pressure TSLA down pretty hard with profit off other stuff.

It is really going to depend on the power of the CC. Even tho profits were not promised I fear at least a break even will be required to hold the 250 range. My gut tells me a slight miss but luckily my gut has almost always been wrong with TSLA. I really hope is is way off this time.

tivoboy is basically saying be extremely cautious here. If ANY credits are sold (kitchen sink) the bears are going to hammer on this really hard on how TSLA will not be able to maintain this any longer and Q4 is the end game because
'The competition has their Tesla killers coming out (or out) and there will no longer be any takers on ZEV credits so Tesla will never post a profit again. Just look at how the I-pace sold out.'
'Tesla is still not paying their suppliers because that debt has gone up. They are going to get cut off in Q4'

I mean, come on. I can write these headlines all day and I don't believe any of them but for some reason the SP will drop as they come out.

Reactions: M|S|W and bdy0627
tivoboy is basically saying be extremely cautious here. If ANY credits are sold (kitchen sink) the bears are going to hammer on this really hard on how TSLA will not be able to maintain this any longer and Q4 is the end game because
'The competition has their Tesla killers coming out (or out) and there will no longer be any takers on ZEV credits so Tesla will never post a profit again. Just look at how the I-pace sold out.'
'Tesla is still not paying their suppliers because that debt has gone up. They are going to get cut off in Q4'

I mean, come on. I can write these headlines all day and I don't believe any of them but for some reason the SP will drop as they come out.
We're past all that nonsense now, it's the real money going in or out that will make TSLA move. The big boys will either buy in prior to February or they won't. I'm betting they will.

I'd also like to point out that with the general market downturn of the last week and the hammer on Tech the bears on all sides have pockets lined with gold. They can pressure TSLA down pretty hard with profit off other stuff.

It is really going to depend on the power of the CC. Even tho profits were not promised I fear at least a break even will be required to hold the 250 range. My gut tells me a slight miss but luckily my gut has almost always been wrong with TSLA. I really hope is is way off this time.

According to Mark Speigal there wasn’t going to be a Q3 ER because of BK. So now it’s Q4 we have to be careful about?

To be fair Netflix was dropping a few of it shows, a sign their content isn’t doing well.

4155F6F3-6905-4E57-86DC-7171CDC89FAF.png
Here’s the page. You decide.

View attachment 346284
Here’s the page. You decide.
Same page:
Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 19.56.40.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 19.58.43.png
This is a perfect example of how two different people can tell two different stories about the same thing. It all depends on how much you want to lie and be fake. The link obviously goes to what we've been saying all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.