Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it? I imagine: "We just finished the books, why wait?"

I doubt it.

In fact, I'm fairly sure - for whatever reason, they didn't want to give a lot of lead time.

It could be that they want to take shorts by surprise or because they want to finish the earnings this week, announce the chairman next week - all before elections or ....

One word. Sell.

To update. If we hold these levels I’m getting out of the remaining positions . If we get a pop after hours Wednesday at all it’s another sell. We’ll have a lower entry point between now and Q4 earnings.

Let the flames begin.

Interesting take, care to expound? I do like your takes on the short term trades of TSLA.

Liberals write off $6.3 billion in loans, including $2.6 billion to automaker
OTTAWA, CANADA — The federal government is writing off more than $6.3 billion (CAD) in loans to businesses and students as the Trudeau government marks a new annual high in money it never expects to get back. The Liberals have already written off some $3 billion in loans in each of the past two years, but they jumped past that mark in the fiscal year 2017-2018 with help from one loan. $2.6 billion write off came through Export Development Canada as part of a loan the previous Conservative government made in 2009 to keep automaker Chrysler afloat.

And people give Tesla a bad rap. Tesla paid back every penny of their government loans early with interest. Unbelievable Chrysler gets away with this crap, my tax dollars supporting Chrysler. Sheesh.

Liberals write off $6.3 billion in loans, including $2.6 billion to automaker
OTTAWA, CANADA — The federal government is writing off more than $6.3 billion (CAD) in loans to businesses and students as the Trudeau government marks a new annual high in money it never expects to get back. The Liberals have already written off some $3 billion in loans in each of the past two years, but they jumped past that mark in the fiscal year 2017-2018 with help from one loan. $2.6 billion write off came through Export Development Canada as part of a loan the previous Conservative government made in 2009 to keep automaker Chrysler afloat.

And people give Tesla a bad rap. Tesla paid back every penny of their government loans early with interest. Unbelievable Chrysler gets away with this crap, my tax dollars supporting Chrysler. Sheesh.
That *sugar* makes me sick

YTD comparison of Tesla and some other automakers (GM, Ford, BMW, Daimler)

c8GrDbu.png

My god -- it's just mechanically following GM. That's embarassing. Only major exception was Elon's seizure induced funding tweet. Honestly we ought to go out and hold hands with the shareholders of these other companies and rally together in a 'We are the World' fashion.

For those people saying they are happy holding TSLA in a recession be sure to notice this. I think we'd get smashed.

Binary event coming up! Let's see if everyone buys the rumors and sells the news this time like before, or if it's a beat, or whatever.

I am not going to sleep the night before that. I'm gonna go out on a leg and predict a repeat of Netflix. Awesome news, a spike, and then retracement back to GM, much tears and gnashing of teeth. God I'm in a bad mood already.

One word. Sell.

To update. If we hold these levels I’m getting out of the remaining positions . If we get a pop after hours Wednesday at all it’s another sell. We’ll have a lower entry point between now and Q4 earnings.

Let the flames begin.
For swing traders, this is pretty sound advice right now. It's really about the markets driving things right now. Definitely don't sell before the ER but be careful afterwards, especially on a bounce. The market is not doing a lot of strong rewarding of good earnings reports right now. Best to be cautious and take profits earlier in this market. Try to think like a short about this. They are drooling over the market taking a shot to the chin and reeling right now. They can taste a big market drop coming, with TSLA getting pummeled by it. Why would they cover right now, even with a little pop on this earning's report? I wouldn't expect a dramatic climb created by short covering this time. I'd love to be wrong and so would my brokerage account.

Status
Not open for further replies.