Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok interesting that caterpillar is investing in fisker based on solid state lithium ion battery tech but I am missing something. Where are patents related to this. If you are close enough to attract significant investor from a large company why are there no patents to protect their advancements. Are there some that I have missed? Also don’t understand caterpillars interest in this tech. Heavy equipment to use battery tech? Doesn’t sound right
Toyota's response to questions about progress with solid state is that "it is the same 10-year plan, come back in 3 years" but I have the same concern for them: where are the patents? The world is pretty much first-to-file so your best case when trying to submarine is to invalidate a competitor's patent which seems pretty Pyrrhic to me.

IMO the dearth of solid state battery patents is indicative of the lack of progress. As a lover of tech I'd love to see a solution to the recharge issue of solid state, but so far it seems that physics is winning.

Citron (Andrew Left), the group that mainly shorts stocks is now long TSLA:

Citron Research on Twitter

Guys, this report is invaluable:

https://citronresearch.com/wp-conte...opinion-on-Tesla-too-compelling-to-ignore.pdf

Nothing new for us, but the important thing: A bear that other bears will listen for 5 minutes is raising, one by one, the most relevant points that have been ignored by the bears for years now...

Some pearls:

"We’re seeing that demand is new this year and pulling directly from TSLA's competitors"

"Like a magic trick, while everyone is focused on Elon smoking weed, he is quietly smoking the whole automotive industry."

"There is NO Tesla killer. Competition is nowhere to be found and no electric vehicle is slated to launch at the Model 3 price point until 2021"

Status
Not open for further replies.