Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooo this is going to be a fun, violent high volume day.

Imma predict 277 SP at close.

giphy.gif

Guys, this report is invaluable:

https://citronresearch.com/wp-conte...opinion-on-Tesla-too-compelling-to-ignore.pdf

Nothing new for us, but the important thing: A bear that other bears will listen for 5 minutes is raising, one by one, the most relevant points that have been ignored by the bears for years now...

Some pearls:

"We’re seeing that demand is new this year and pulling directly from TSLA's competitors"

"Like a magic trick, while everyone is focused on Elon smoking weed, he is quietly smoking the whole automotive industry."

"There is NO Tesla killer. Competition is nowhere to be found and no electric vehicle is slated to launch at the Model 3 price point until 2021"

• "We’ve reviewed the mechanics lien documents and they are tiny (i.e., $7.5M in aggregate) with none being “critical” suppliers by any stretch. Nothing for a company that will do over $20 billion in revenues this year."
  • "From a technology standpoint, Tesla is light years ahead of the competition. No OEM is even close to having Tesla’s level of connectivity and “upgradeability” in its cars"

And the best of all for the end:

"
A Note to Our Critics

We know this note is going to have many critics, most being our fellow short sellers who might categorize us as opportunist. To anyone who challenges the integrity of Citron or our constant monitoring of the Tesla story all you have to do is look at the class action lawsuit recently filed against Tesla. In it you will see the principal of Citron was actively trading tens of millions of dollars of Tesla and the infamous "$420" tweet resulted in a loss of almost $2 million. By no means does Citron only trade on publishing stories. We actively manage a book that has been trading Tesla for five years. Yes, we are still suing Musk and Tesla and this recent report has no bearing on the current lawsuit.

Conclusion

As of the writing of this report, Tesla has just announced it has moved up its earnings release date to October 24. The last time TSLA reported Q3 earnings in October was in 2016 – when revenue beat the consensus by 21%. Does anybody think that Tesla decided to move up its earnings release date because of bad news? Sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction. While we may not be fans of the overconfident CEO, we cannot dismiss what we are seeing in the marketplace.

Cautious Investing to All
"

For everyone but TSLA longs? Perhaps....

I'm pretty sure most people (even those in this thread) own something OTHER than tesla as well. NSDQ is hammered, which I would bet is where many of those stocks reside.

I'm really liking this TSLA move though, can't decide whether to take todays pop or wait for AH pop after earnings. Do we have the time for the call yet? If it's late west coast, I might have to take the $$ before the call is over.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and traxila
Guys, this report is invaluable:

https://citronresearch.com/wp-conte...opinion-on-Tesla-too-compelling-to-ignore.pdf

Nothing new for us, but the important thing: A bear that other bears will listen for 5 minutes is raising, one by one, the most relevant points that have been ignored by the bears for years now...

Some pearls:

"We’re seeing that demand is new this year and pulling directly from TSLA's competitors"

"Like a magic trick, while everyone is focused on Elon smoking weed, he is quietly smoking the whole automotive industry."

"There is NO Tesla killer. Competition is nowhere to be found and no electric vehicle is slated to launch at the Model 3 price point until 2021"

I'm no Andrew Left fan, not by any means...but just read the report. WOW!!! They nailed it.

I'm pretty sure most people (even those in this thread) own something OTHER than tesla as well. NSDQ is hammered, which I would bet is where many of those stocks reside.

I'm really liking this TSLA move though, can't decide whether to take todays pop or wait for AH pop after earnings. Do we have the time for the call yet? If it's late west coast, I might have to take the $$ before the call is over.
well, I don't know of any poll, but a number of people have commented being "all in" on $TSLA. I believe in hedging bets and the price hadn't dropped low enough to convince me, but even though I'm not 100% $TSLA, trust me, these price movements are raising the value of my investment portfolio.

Reactions: neroden
From your field artillery Forward Observer.

Sunday (21Oct18) enroute to Seattle Airport ~ 1 hr on FWY I-5 heading north, I saw thirteen Tesla’s (9 Model Ss, 2 Model Xs and 1 Model 3):)
Monday, 22Oct18 in Venice (Italy ~ not California) I saw one blue Model X in the parking lot enroute to the water taxi. Would have made Xena proud. No Tesla’s in and around the canals:-( Though replacing fossil fuel boat engines with electric and propulsion instead of propeller would help the environment here.
Had an informative presentation on the affects of climate change and what is being done to cope with sea rise. Kind of depressing.
Hope the 3Q18 review goes well, though it takes a day or two to see the affects kick in. Kind of early for the review, I was expecting November? Have fun, me I am looking forward to spaghetti ice:) Have not had it since the Cold War thawed, and I retired:) Hey, my job was done ~ and, I lived to talk about it:)

Meanwhile, I spent Saturday afternoon just walking between the capitol and downtown Oly and saw: 4 Model 3's and 3 S's. Never mind all the Leaf's, i3's and stuff. The world is changing before our eyes. Oh, and late in the afternoon I saw an X, a blue one, drive thru the capitol. Was that you DW?

• Informative
Reactions: AZRI11 and dqd88
Makes no sense. Q2 was the kitchen-sink expenses quarter; there's nothing left to throw in.
Sure there is. Not enough through sales, need for capital, margin compression due to manufacturing ramp up issues, don't get me started on sales/orders. There could certainly be "stuff". Where are the analysts expectations of what could be stellar? I haven't seen any because I think there is just going to be an okay report and only hope for an estimate raise. Even IF that happens, this market has punished every company that has done just that. And here we are.

Not sure why congrats are appropriate right now. Still way under where the SP should be and tomorrow is another day. In fact, today is still another day since the market literally just opened for the day.
yeah, but it does feel good to have $TSLA go up. Its finally being dragged down by the macros. I'm still more positive than previously and looking forward to tomorrow's earnings call. :p

Reading the Citron report, I couldn't help but notice that they basically reproduced
this post by @ZachShahan from CleanTechnica, a fellow TMC member and one the most vocal "spokeperson" of this community¹.
This means... they watch us, and slowly responsible/rational shorts will understand.
Very proud of this community.

¹ of course, kudos to him personally too ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.