Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to understand the consensus here. Is it:

a) The Journal and its reporter published false information, or
b) They published truthful information, but in a slanted manner, with manipulative timing?

What the article says is:
1. FBI investigating truthfulness of Tesla statements regarding Model 3 production
2. Investigation intensified in recent weeks
3. FBI requested interviews and testimony from former employees in recent weeks

What do you think? False, or true but manipulative?

B

alright bro. If you are happy supporting this childish WSJ/FBI are corrupt and influenced by shorts behavior be my guest. I'll just wait and see if someone who actually knows something shows up, and give up on being the adult in the room.
You have reading comprehension issues among other things. Nothing that I wrote inferred any of the things you are saying. Not even in the slightest. Just because I am correcting the fallacies in your statement don’t mean I am pushing some grand conspiracy theory.

• Love
Reactions: humbaba
I would like to understand the consensus here. Is it:

a) The Journal and its reporter published false information, or
b) They published truthful information, but in a slanted manner, with manipulative timing?

What the article says is:
1. FBI investigating truthfulness of Tesla statements regarding Model 3 production
2. Investigation intensified in recent weeks
3. FBI requested interviews and testimony from former employees in recent weeks

What do you think? False, or true but manipulative?

1. True
2. Subjective opinion
3. True

Overall, true but misleading and manipulative. Misleading in that they pose it as if anything in the investigation has significantly changed, when it looks like the actual news is just the subject of the investigation that was already confirmed to exist.

That was a pretty quick response considering the article said Tesla didn't immediately respond to a request for comment. What did they do? Call, let it ring once and hang up?

Almost like they wanted to catch Tesla off-gaurd to get the biggest market effect, I'm sure all they had to do was send an email and wait 30 seconds in order to say Tesla didn't "immediately" respond.

I don’t think the FBI is influenced by shorts. They are simply conducting an investigation. One that doesn’t even seem to be at an advanced stage given that Tesla hasn’t gotten a subpoena.
However you are naive to think people don’t manipulate the media. Just. Look at politics

I never said the media isn't manipulated. Don't make this about me. I think they are fed information all the time by people with financial interests. There's no functional value to whining about it especially since we have no actual insight into what happened here. The appropriate response to what's going on is:

1) What is the new information regarding the FBI action? (notably appears to be interviews w/ employees is all - kind of minor it seems)
2) What are the chances of them prosecuting some case and succeeding? (I have little idea but I'm pretty sure Tesla knew 20k was impossible rather early)
3) What are the potential ramifications? (no idea)

If, for instance, #3 is 'very little' then who cares?

(apologies to ggr for any grammatical errors)

How does this work with radio button on top:
-Yes, send the form to the firm or company. No, do not send the form to the firm or company.
- If you choose "no", we will record your complaint in our database, but we cannot help you any further.

If I make a complaint against WSJ, they send it to WSJ? How does this help me?

Investor Bulletin: Investor Complaints | Investor.gov

Process for Handling Complaints

OIEA helps ensure that individuals and entities regulated by the SEC respond to investor complaints when appropriate. If an investor selects the option on the complaint form consenting to OIEA’s sending the complaint to the firm (“Yes, send the form to the firm….”), OIEA typically forwards the complaint, requesting the firm to send a written report to the investor and to OIEA that addresses the issues raised. However, the SEC cannot act as an investor’s attorney or personal representative.

OIEA may refer an investor complaint to other Offices or Divisions within the SEC, including the Division of Enforcement. The Division of Enforcement generally conducts investigations on a confidential basis. As a result, OIEA will not confirm or deny the existence of an investigation and will not update an investor on the status of a complaint.

I think we should remain open to the possibility that there might be something to the WSJ article. They said the probe was deepening, which possibly means that the DOJ is close to moving forward with some action. Just because Tesla hasn't provided more info recently doesn't mean that the DOJ is doing nothing.

The article says: "Action in the criminal investigation.....has intensified in recent weeks".

It also says: "In recent weeks, FBI agents have contacted former Tesla employees asking them for testimony in the criminal case"

I hope it's just a re-hash of the old news, but it sounds like there is more to it.

I think we should remain open to the possibility that there might be something to the WSJ article. They said the probe was deepening, which possibly means that the DOJ is close to moving forward with some action. Just because Tesla hasn't provided more info recently doesn't mean that the DOJ is doing nothing.

The article says: "Action in the criminal investigation.....has intensified in recent weeks".

It also says: "In recent weeks, FBI agents have contacted former Tesla employees asking them for testimony in the criminal case"

I hope it's just a re-hash of the old news, but it sounds like there is more to it.
Profits have intensified in the past few weeks and now everyone wants a cut...

did she adjust the seat?
bc i’m pretty sure w/ no dash and the correct seat/steering adj anyone could get ample line of sight out the windscreen.
i’ve had about 2 dozen women test drive, and haven’t heard issue yet.
My wife hasn't driven the 3 yet (she's happy to be driven around instead, and I'm happy to drive it), but even from the passenger seat she remarked on how much visibility there is (since cleary driver and passenger visibility are the same on the 3). Her current and previous 2 cars were all Ford Focus which had for her a nice balance of not being an SUV but still being able to sit up high enough to see over the front of the car reasonably.

Yep. Probably best to wait a few hours to have an adult conversation about it though.

AND, so you know, you are the first person that I have ever unfollowed! You must be something special...

Well I assure you if this is your reaction you are completely misreading what I'm doing here... but whatevs.

People: stop saying "The SEC should investigate WSJ". When you think the SEC should investigate someone, file a complaint alleging wrongdoing.

SEC Investor Complaint Form

The SEC doesn't read this forum looking for angry people.
I submitted my complaint too. As someone else mentioned, I didn't seem to get any confirmation. I did get email confirmation of my email to the Ombudsman.

Status
Not open for further replies.