Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is simply fascinating. The power of denial and rationalization is awesome. This is how black holes implode!

Fortunately, the stock market has a way to keep score. When you go against reality, it eventually kicks you in the nuts. I wish this was the case in politics, too... but alas, it's not.

Well, it actually *is* the case in politics, but it operates on a dangerously long time frame. Tsar Nicholas had lost touch with reality well before the 1909 war with Japan, but it didn't catch up with him until 1917.

Elon Musk on Twitter

Clearly like me, Elon is not happy with his new staid image...

My favourite:

upload_2018-10-26_19-2-51.png

Elon Musk on Twitter

People: stop saying "The SEC should investigate WSJ". When you think the SEC should investigate someone, file a complaint alleging wrongdoing.

SEC Investor Complaint Form

The SEC doesn't read this forum looking for angry people.
How does this work with radio button on top:
-Yes, send the form to the firm or company. No, do not send the form to the firm or company.
- If you choose "no", we will record your complaint in our database, but we cannot help you any further.

If I make a complaint against WSJ, they send it to WSJ? How does this help me?

alright bro. If you are happy supporting this childish WSJ/FBI are corrupt and influenced by shorts behavior be my guest. I'll just wait and see if someone who actually knows something shows up, and give up on being the adult in the room.

I don’t think the FBI is influenced by shorts. They are simply conducting an investigation. One that doesn’t even seem to be at an advanced stage given that Tesla hasn’t gotten a subpoena.
However you are naive to think people don’t manipulate the media. Just. Look at politics

I would like to understand the consensus here. Is it:

a) The Journal and its reporter published false information, or
b) They published truthful information, but in a slanted manner, with manipulative timing?

What the article says is:
1. FBI investigating truthfulness of Tesla statements regarding Model 3 production
2. Investigation intensified in recent weeks
3. FBI requested interviews and testimony from former employees in recent weeks

What do you think? False, or true but manipulative?

Ooh Elon hit up on it: Elon Musk on Twitter

1. Peter Gianulis‏ @bosterogriego 43m43 minutes ago
    Where is the SEC when the WSJ publishes old information purely meant to distort the stock and harm investors? @Tesla @mayemusk. I would love for the SEC to ask the reporter why they published this information at 2 pm ET? https://www.wsj.com/articles/tesla-faces-deepening-criminal-probe-over-whether-it-misstated-production-figures-1540576636 … via @WSJ.

9 replies34 retweets163 likes
Elon Musk‏Verified account @elonmusk
Replying to @bosterogriego @Tesla and
Good question

“The DOJ is investigating whether Tesla misled investors about Model 3 production.”

I hate that this is supposedly in the interest of misled investors when (a) I have not heard or seen of one investor claiming to be misled (b) the news of the investigations impacts the share price and investors detrimentally (c) the forward looking statements disclaimer should cover any disparity between guidance and results.

Thanks @KarenRei for the link. We should all use it.

Well if they have no authority to do damage here than you have nothing to worry about, eh? I'll assume you are an expert. The FBI is presumably just biased and manipulated by shorts and likes to waste their time...

Very soon, they're going to stop paying you to defend crazy. You're gone to me already. Goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.