Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In most of the major European city centres you could not install charging outlets on the outside of apartment buildings or terraced homes, pedestrians would trip over the charging cables. These houses were built hundreds of years ago and don't have parking garages, therefore tenants/apartment owners don't have an option to own parking spaces. It's street parking for everyone and people spent a lot of time in the evenings trying to find a space for their car when they come home from work. More and more public electric charges are being installed by cities, but it's only just started and no apartment tennant/owner can claim the nearest charging spot as their own.

Is it possible to use/split streetlight electrical connections to charge? What amperage are those lines rated for?

Reactions: Artful Dodger
Why shares and not options ? Not a rhetorical question !

I am "playing" with my retirement savings (RRSP) account which does not allow options or margin, that's the downside while gains are not taxed is the upside. I usually try to sell 100 near daily highs and buy back next MMD. If I can catch enough price difference to get me 1-2 extra shares I am happy :)

Right now, I just bought back what I sold in the morning + 2 shares, so its a good day for me!

I am "playing" with my retirement savings (RRSP) account which does not allow options or margin, that's the downside while gains are not taxed is the upside. I usually try to sell 100 near daily highs and buy back next MMD. If I can catch enough price difference to get me 1-2 extra shares I am happy :)

Right now, I just bought back what I sold in the morning + 2 shares, so its a good day for me!
That makes (some) sense. But you are exposing yourself to sudden movements overnight.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
In the q3 call he stated that he had just signed off on the prototype to be produced. As such I don't think March '19 is too soon. However of course with things accelerating as they are, it might be a couple of weeks earlier for the reveal.
Thematically, I really, really want the Y reveal to still be the Ides of March.

Also, if that could be when the real short squeeze happens, all that much better :cool:

That makes (some) sense. But you are exposing yourself to sudden movements overnight.

Yes, there is a risk, if there is some breaking news AH, I could get "left behind" and only able to buy back at higher SP, thus losing a few shares. Happened a few times. I avoid playing around end-of-quarter result announcement and earning report days to reduce such risk.

ps: plus I am playing with less than 10% of my portfolio, so I am not risking the majority of my position.

• Informative
Reactions: Don TLR
If thenY can be built on the same assembly line, yes. Really depends on how common the parts are.

Well, if they're not going to do 10k in Fremont, then Model 3 probably won't need 3 GA lines. They would share paint (though they may or may not need to bring up a second paint booth regardless), and can probably share stamping (using same presses but additional dies, and at most add another press or two), so it would just be BIW really that is a concern.

If they can find enough space in Fremont for a Y BIW line, and a Y GA line, then they should be able to do Y in Fremont. I'm not confident they can, but I wouldn't rule it out.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Shoot me but I prefer Mulally. He was just a contract CEO for Ford, not some guy stuck in the old mode, and he did pretty well (or that's the reputation). Engineer with Boeing experience. I bet they get along well while adding good 'adult oversight' bona fides. Plus there was a spy shot of Elon talking to a dude at a restaurant whose back of the head looked like Mulally.
Boeing experience?? How about the ULA division? 787 was only about 5 years late. confused.
How about Bob Lutz? </sarcasm>

Yes, there is a risk, if there is some breaking news AH, I could get "left behind" and only able to buy back higher losing a few shares. Happened a few times, I avoid playing around end-of-quarter result announcement and earning report days to reduce such risk.
In my 401k account there is a restriction against "heavy trading" - so I just buy and hold.

Best might be to sell on open and buy at morning dip. That way you reduce overnight risk.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Status
Not open for further replies.