Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun fact: While Ford did not get a "bailout" per se in 2009, they got $5.9 billion in subsidized government loans with the caveat that they'd use this money to develop more fuel efficient cars...

...Fast forward ten years later and Ford is discontinuing sales of all it's cars to focus on trucks and SUVs. o_O

Ford got $5.9B government backed low interest loans to focus on efficient technology.

Hence base 2.7L V6 with 10 speed automatic transmission and aluminum body on 2018 F150 that gets 20/26 MPG

Versus base 2008 F150 4.2L V6 with 4 speed automatic that got 14/20 MPG.

Interesting. TSLA popped back up fast after following the market down.

Selling Amazon to buy Tesla at the high right after the $420 spike is looking kinda good right now. Not optimal but good.
Yes! Let me be blunt, I think I'll celebrate by having my 4:20 spike a bit early today!

When an older incandescent street light head is replaced by a more efficient LED head, then the unused amperage capacity can be repurposed for overnight EV charging. The UK is doing it now:

London street lamps are being turned into electric car charging points

Caveat: Older streetlights sometimes run as a single high voltage circuit running between many different posts, so that they can all be activated or disabled at once. You have to rewire them for a main power / LED conversion. But of course, if you do that, then you have the option to simultaneously add in EV charging.

• Informative
Reactions: AZRI11 and Brando
Dat sweet SWING, I swear I should quit my job and just daytrade. That pop back was so predictable

A few note on today's TSLA Market Action:
  • 534,296 shares traded in the first min
  • that soaked up the attempt to knock down the SP
  • TSLA shrugged off macros until about 11:50 am
  • late day sell off reversed dramatically at 3:45 pm
  • Up $8 in last 15 min, some multiples on the macros
  • closed up for the day $3.95
  • After hours 4:40 pm $335.80 +0.95 (0.28%)
So given the macros, overall today was a good day, with some indications that money may be moving from other tech stocks (FAANG) into growth stocks (TSLA) . I'll take it! :D

Last edited:
Tesla’s steady SG&A cost and rising revenue trend will continue as Model 3 goes overseas, up until this point all Tesla assets, Store, supercharger etc highly underutilized. Even worldwide economy goes under slight recession Tesla’s Total vehicle sales compare to total Auto sales are still drop in a bucket so risk of underutilized factory capacity is minimal.

Upper BB is 328, closed at 334. No sign of stopping just yet.

3463.JPG

Last edited:
Ford got $5.9B government backed low interest loans to focus on efficient technology.

Hence base 2.7L V6 with 10 speed automatic transmission and aluminum body on 2018 F150 that gets 20/26 MPG

Versus base 2008 F150 4.2L V6 with 4 speed automatic that got 14/20 MPG.
But what are their 0-60 times?

(I am kidding, but curious nonetheless!)

Tesla’s steady SG&A cost and rising revenue trend will continue as Model 3 goes overseas, up until this point all Tesla assets, Store, supercharger etc highly underutilized. Even worldwide economy goes under slight recession Tesla’s Total vehicle sales compare to total Auto sales are still drop in a bucket so risk of underutilized factory capacity is minimal.

The Q3 report figure I found stood out was 30% drop in labour on model 3. If it can drop that far in one quarter, how much farther can it fall? I think we'll be seeing increases in margin every quarter for some time. Those Grohmann guys work magic. Musk's dreadnought ideas were not wrong, just not done right on the accelerated timeline. Now that it's possible to stand back at look at the big picture from a distance with the pressure off, many ideas will flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.