Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SEC has all the motivation in the world to inflict maximum damage to this innovative American company. They hate Musk and his guts.

With so much pressure from Shorts, Big oil, Big Auto, UAW, Media there is so much incentive for Shortsellers Enrichment Commission to kill this company. I wouldn't be shocked if some of the esteemed members of SEC are being bank-rolled? Who knows?

Competition couldn't kill it
Wall Street is unable to kill it
MSM is unable to sustain against the onslaught of social media support
The last option is use the Govt & FBI to bring in trumped up fake exaggerated charges to inflict maximum damage, enough for the company to go into a tspin.

Then America can heave a sigh of relief and we can all go back to status quo.

Sick !!
I am starting to believe they may not have any substantial, viable, resources left. People are getting pretty rabid about the FUD and have been telling the SEC to step the F off. And for all Trump's flaws, I don't think he'll allow any further extreme stepping on of Elon's toesies.

Edit: I'm amazed I haven't been muted/banned from Stocktwits btw. I started just verbally unloading on the longtime bear accounts who have been saying to sell since 255.

Last edited:
Why not trade it for selling a J19 $390 Put? Then you have about $13 of premium. Or go for February (after earnings) and get $20+ worth of premium. The risk then is just TSLA going down rather than failing to go up.
That's a losing strategy if SP goes to $450, compared to buying stock.
Having said that, I do something similar with small portion of my portfolio

Completely OT, but just got V9 delivered and installed - totally surprised as I didn't think it was available outside of the US as of yet...???

I guess one of the doves got confused on the way.

If price pops suddenly above the ATH by way of some unexpected positive news, then panic covering by over leaveraged shorts will propel the price higher. This will then cause panic covering shorts competing with new inflows of longs. A short squeeze is inevitable now.

If I was a short, I would've been very nervous. There are so many different scenarios that can trigger a sudden jump.

I am starting to believe they may not have any substantial, viable, resources left. People are getting pretty rabid about the FUD and have been telling the SEC to step the F off. And for all Trump's flaws, I don't think he'll allow any further extreme stepping on of Elon's toesies.

Edit: I'm amazed I haven't been muted/banned from Stocktwits btw. I started just verbally unloading on the longtime bear accounts who have been saying to sell since 255.
Lol be careful. I got two accounts banned... now my actual phone is banned from the app somehow

There’s no opportunity for a VW style shirt squeeze.
there absolutely is. Back that statement up please?

Lol be careful. I got two accounts banned... now my actual phone is banned from the app somehow
I don't care. I made the conscious decision that I was willing to sacrifice my account before I went nuclear. It's worth it.

the next step is to load a bunch of them into a cargo ship and connect them to the drive motor.

Uh, maybe about an order of magnitude off what you'd need? Let's have a look: :cool:

"Current bunker, that's the technical term, prices for fuel oil are between $309 and $340 per tonne, depending on where you are in the world. A cargo ship can use anything from 1 tonne per hour to 16 tonnes per hour for the largest ships traveling at 23 knots."

About 13.3 MWh of heat energy is released by burning a ton of bunker sea oil. Modern ships engines burn about 171g/KWh so that's about 5.85 MWh of useful energy from each ton of bunker sea oil. That amount of energy costs about $400 odd bucks, or that same $400 buys about 1 KWh of powerpack energy storage. That's about an order of magnitude more expensive, even if the pack life is 500 cycles (>10 years).

It is about a 225 hr crossing from San Francisco to Shanghai at 23 kts using 16 tons/hr, requiring 3,600 tons of bunker sea oil. That's the equivalent of about 21 GWh of electric propulsion at 80% DoD and 90% drive eff. that requires a 30 GWh pack. That's a $12 Billion battery at today's prices. :eek:

Call it about 20x more expensive for batteries vs bunker oil given $400/KWh, 500 cycles and free electricity from renewables and $320/ton for bunker oil.

BTW, US Navy reactors go for $5B, and you get a free Nimitz-class carrier or Los Angles-class attack boat with each one. Hey, two-fer's! ;)

We will get there with renewables, but the tech is not ready yet. I think there's great potential for shipping with flow batteries. Instead of loading bunker oil in port (or recharging batteries), the ship would offload expended electrolyte and load fresh. Recharging could be done in a few hours instead of weeks, and the ship's ballast situation is improved en route w/o depleating bunkers. Further, emergency refueling could be done away from port with a tender ship, adding safety. Lots of potential.

But first, let's electrify the car and truck fleet. This we can do now! :D

Cheers!

There’s no opportunity for a VW style shirt squeeze.
Lol! Lol! 25% of the company’s total shares are sold short. Wall Street knows, and Tesla is the only stock right now that they can easily pump (Amazon, Apple, and Netflix are on their last legs). So easy. Knock down some key resistance levels, and boom! Dominoes.

When I see Andrew freaking Left turn bullish, I know we’re in the pressure cooker.

I think you misunderstood me :)

He did clearly state the basic reason for doing any of what he does very clearly. What she was obviously (or maybe I'm wrong to think it was obvious?) insinuating with the way she was asking her question and the way she was wording it was that in the past year he should have done things differently than he in fact did. The word I'm looking for is "framing". Her framing gave him limited space to answer within but he would have none of it (wouldn't have expected anything other from Elon). But it made for a pretty obnoxious interview.

Let me translate what they were saying:

Kara: So, Elon, why did you f... up?
Elon: No, I didn't.
Kara: No, no, look, I'm asking you WHY did you f... up?
Elon: Well, it was tough, all other car companies are bankwupt, blah, blah, but I didn't!
Kara: I hear you are saying you didn't, but everyone else agrees you did, so I'm asking you WHY?
Elon: I don't think you're hearing me: I didn't!

...and on and on...

Elon: ...and there was no other way, and Tesla had to survive and I was tired.
Kara: (silent: god, you're stubborn, but let's put a positive spin on it,)
OK, so you're saying that was the only way to do it.
(silent: I don't believe it, but moving on now)

Let me translate what they were saying:

Kara: So, Elon, why did you f... up?
Elon: No, I didn't.
Kara: No, no, look, I'm asking you WHY did you f... up?
Elon: Well, it was tough, all other car companies are bankwupt, blah, blah, but I didn't!
Kara: I hear you are saying you didn't, but everyone else agrees you did, so I'm asking you WHY?
Elon: I don't think you're hearing me: I didn't!

...and on and on...

Elon: ...and there was no other way, and Tesla had to survive and I was tired.
Kara: (silent: god, you're stubborn, but let's put a positive spin on it,)
OK, so you're saying that was the only way to do it.
(silent: I don't believe it, but moving on now)

Well. Did he f..k up though? Or not?

Does she suddenly know better than he does how to run Tesla? She definitely doesn't have the inside view that he does.

You know what quarterback is worse than any quarterback in the NFL? The armchair quarterback.

How much of the interview did she spend trying to get Musk to apologize to journalists?

Then when he was making dad jokes, she makes a cut on him about getting high.

She didn't give me a positive impression with her behavior.
Yeah she was a wet blanket at best. The interview was not gripping to me

Whoa! The End Times are nigh as the planets spin out of their obits. First, chronic haters like Left and Santos bail on their short theories; and, now, the venerable fox admits share price movements could be attributed to factors othe than "the shorts."

Let me guess... the shorts made you say that. With that said, we now return those planets to their original orbits and return all of you to your normal programming.

This @SpaceCash id the new TT007? Just blind optimism all the time?

The reason Vw type squeeze isn’t possible here is that there were no shares to cover with during the VW squeeze. There will always be investors willing to sell at 4-600 that we would never get a true VW type squeeze where the stock price hit ship like 2k.
Take a look at AMD. Also had a massive short interest. Stock got pissed off one day and rocketed. Will happen to Tesla. 1k is a stretch but I think $700 within the next 3 months is possible.

Take a look at AMD. Also had a massive short interest. Stock got pissed off one day and rocketed. Will happen to Tesla. 1k is a stretch but I think $700 within the next 3 months is possible.
I believe TSLA fair value is about $1300 tbh. The growth and profitability are out of control now and they're eating every other car co's lunch

Nobody thinks that the SEC will further prosecute the missed projections of M3 production in 2017? They've found 15 witnesses (former employees) who will testify in court that Tesla was aware that they couldn't hit their targets.
I think we'll see a new major dump of shares when the SEC holds a press conference to announce that they'll continue to sue the board for misleading investors (the same with the 'funding secured' tweet). Timing wise when SP nears $360.
Chanos is too confident in his latest statements about his short position in $TSLA.
I simply don't trust it. He'll make money of this
... unless, of course, the SEC actually *reads* all of those complaints we've been sending in.

Status
Not open for further replies.