Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, you're evading my point. And you're using misleading talking points to mislead.

US taxes fall on the highest earners, yes. Those with the highest unearned income, by contrast, get a free ride. Great for us stock speculators, but not really a good way to run a country.

Yes it is a GREAT way to run a country, It keeps the little people in their place !
"Taxes are for the little people" Leona Helmsley

Remember: Humor is my weapon of choice. In case anyone thinks I would support Leona.

1. 23h23 hours ago
    Ihor Dusaniwsky Retweeted Mark McMillen

Since October 22nd, $TSLA shorts are down -$2.99 billion in mark-to-market losses, bringing year-to-date mark-to-market losses to -$2.09 billion.

Ihor Dusaniwsky added,

grftn‏ @grftn_

Replying to @ihors3
So if there are about 11b short, that’s close to 27% loss in 2 weeks? Am I understanding that right?

1. 23h23 hours ago
    Ihor Dusaniwsky Retweeted grftn

Pretty spot on, my system shows 28.00% return since the 22nd

Ihor Dusaniwsky added,
    Replying to @ihors3

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable in corporate law can step in here and clarify or correct.

It seems that selecting a current board member to become the chairperson was expedient, since the board should be able to choose its own head. But regarding the choices for the two director vacancies, wouldn't that be subject to a shareholder vote? Shouldn't ordinary shareholders be able to make nominations?

Under the Potemkin/Soviet-style "democracy" of corporate elections, no. The Board can co-opt new directors who serve until the next annual meeting, and shareholders can't make nominations.

Corporate democracy is pretty much like Soviet democracy most of the time. It is interesting that, with the rise of large corporations, the US has adopted so much of the Soviet governance system -- top-down central planning, self-perpetuating elites running things with mostly-fake elections -- for management of the economy. There have been a few articles about it...

Seems counterproductive: selling off your winning investments to stay within an arbitrary % of your total when they're... Making you too much money? I think you're correct, just weird to me

This is one of several reasons I avoid mutual funds. There's a sort of diversification fetish which I think hurts all of them.

Yes it is a GREAT way to run a country, It keeps the little people in their place !
"Taxes are for the little people" Leona Helmsley

Remember: Humor is my weapon of choice. In case anyone thinks I would support Leona.
and where's the 'sarcasm' rating? Ah well, 'funny' will suffice.

Volume appears to be (relatively) low with significant attempts to push the price down. While NASDAQ is down I still have hope for a green finish today. I'm expecting volatility driven fluctuations but an overall upward movement.

So even if the sellers keep the price down today (what was max pain again?) it will recover.

That is the right approach and I predict the same will happen in city centers.

Our kids and grand kids will one days ask with big eyes if its really true that all cars did pollute the air and that they did make this noise and how that was?

Its the same that happened 100 years ago in all our cities with horses dung in the roads to an extend that you could not walk over a street and just imagine the smelliness. Non of us can imagine today that this was a huge issue for the city authorities back then and there has been an entire industry busy just trying to manage that.
Australian movie from 20+ years ago
“Alien Visitor” ‘we breathe the foul air....’
About the death of ICE vehicles

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Okay, watched the video and am still confused. WTF with the low audio volume and sensual presentation? Care to ELI-80 what I'm missing?

OK. I happen to know this one. ASMR is a strange tingly sensation that some people get from certain sensory input, usually audio. The low audio volume and "sensual presenation" (tone of voice, etc.) are inputs which can trigger ASMR for a large percentage of people. (Other people have different triggers.)

Reactions: aubreymcfato
I'll bite. Why are you expecting a recession? In my experience, recessions are triggered when the economy 'overheats'. This is a euphemism for economic activity that pushes the oil price to a very high level. This in turns makes everything expensive, and the first hair trigger brings it tumbling like a house of cards.

Immediately prior to the GFC, the oil price was $150 US per barrel. The trigger in that instance was people unable to afford repayments on sub prime mortgages.

The next heated economy will be driven by the cleantech revolution. It will REDUCE oil consumption. For the first time, the boom will not lead us to bust.

My prediction is that the next recession will happen when *everyone* has solar panels. So, suddenly, there will be a crash in demand for solar panels (because everyone already has them), and there will be layoffs at solar panel installers, and the resulting unemployment will cause the recesion.

This will be several years in the future. But this is a classic 19th century depression dynamic, IMO...

My prediction is that the next recession will happen when *everyone* has solar panels. So, suddenly, there will be a crash in demand for solar panels (because everyone already has them), and there will be layoffs at solar panel installers, and the resulting unemployment will cause the recesion.

This will be several years in the future. But this is a classic 19th century depression dynamic, IMO...
By then we will have a nice Mars colony head to.

At higher speed they make plenty of noise. When I was younger I had a surprise encounter with (I think it was) a Lincoln town car on a residential street. Never heard it.

I think you have good hearing. When I've ridden a bike, particularly up a hill, the blood pumping from the exercise has made a rushing sound in my ears that makes it more difficult to hear outside noise, including traffic.

I'm not saying this is a huge problem, but I think it should not be dismissed so lightly.
I believe that any car which has sensors and is programmed to *refuse to run into pedestrians* -- and this is part of Autopilot which we can do right now -- should be exempt from the noisemaker laws.

Because it's much better to have the cars just not run into people. Having them make noise while running over people isn't really that helpful, is it?

Maybe a recession in solar panels, but not the aggregate economy.
Rolling recessions are common, and a recession in healthcare would be
Highly desirable as it consumes close to 20% of gdp.

I believe that any car which has sensors and is programmed to *refuse to run into pedestrians* -- and this is part of Autopilot which we can do right now -- should be exempt from the noisemaker laws.

Because it's much better to have the cars just not run into people. Having them make noise while running over people isn't really that helpful, is it?
While I agree with your sentiment I think it is important to not rely on technological solutions -- what happens when AP doesn't respond because because the kid running out was below the view line?

While you can't protect from everything I think it is important to have layers of defense (my security background may be showing).

Reactions: CaliBear1
Status
Not open for further replies.