Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Veterans Day was yesterday, but the government, bond market, banks, many other businesses and schools are closed today in celebration. That implies many potential stock market participants are on the sidelines today and are unavailable to counter selling pressure.

On Veterans Day fifty years ago I was on leave from the US Army before being sent to Vietnam for a year. Nixon had just been elected president for the first time. My how time flies.

Meanwhile my friend Peter Eliades of "Stock Market Cycles" who is a big stock market bear informs me that he will be interviewed on the Fox Business Network around 12:35 pm EST today.

Can someone tell me where I can find live option prices? bought 4 of these @ 5.20 USD

Attachments

• CallOption.PNG
    CallOption.PNG
    47.5 KB · Views: 68
Veterans Day was yesterday, but the government, bond market, banks, many other businesses and schools are closed today in celebration. That implies many potential stock market participants are on the sidelines today and are unavailable to counter selling pressure.

On Veterans Day fifty years ago I was on leave from the US Army before being sent to Vietnam for a year. Nixon had just been elected president for the first time. My how time flies.

Meanwhile my friend Peter Eliades of "Stock Market Cycles" who is a big stock market bear informs me that he will be interviewed on the Fox Business Network around 12:35 pm EST today.
thank you for your service.!

Anyone have access to the full text of this article? Perhaps one of our german speaking friends???

Many outlets are reporting it second hand, but I'd love to read the original. Batteries for 50 million electric vehicles... hmm... where from???

VW-Chef Diess will Tesla mit aggressiven Preisen angreifen

Samsung and LG Chem among others.

VW are throwing $25bn at the problem (apparently) and while money doesn't solve everything, if they're taking it that seriously, I wouldn't want to bet against them.

I think the mistake would be to assume this hurts Tesla. I actually think Tesla benefits from this becoming more mainstream - they don't need 80% of a 50m vehicle a year market to be a $100bn company - I'm very happy VW is going all in on this. I want fast charging stations everywhere!

while i don’t blame any for being ultra bullish long term (i am), its much different animal to prepare around shorter term plays. some view the shorter term players as too hawkish. but those short term players’ hawkish view of what’s going on in markets is exactly what helped me frame my comeback from the brutal beating i took in q3.

now i’m positioned similarly to where i was earlier in the year, before the tweet/private/sec stuff

less risk, in the black, still long, strong, and ammo in the box to take advantage of missteps along the way.

what a ride 2018 so far, another month + left. phewww
thanks, you know who you are.

VW are throwing $25bn at the problem (apparently) and while money doesn't solve everything, if they're taking it that seriously, I wouldn't want to bet against them.

I think the mistake would be to assume this hurts Tesla. I actually think Tesla benefits from this becoming more mainstream - they don't need 80% of a 50m vehicle a year market to be a $100bn company - I'm very happy VW is going all in on this. I want fast charging stations everywhere!

By the time , others have one fully operational Battery plant, chances are Tesla will have 2-3 operational GFs (battery producing)

thank you for your service.!

You're welcome, but it was involuntary since I was drafted. For twenty years afterward we never heard that phrase, usually just the opposite and perhaps deservedly. Then with the first Gulf War in the early nineties the government encouraged that phrase, since there was no longer a draft and potential recruits needed to feel welcomed by the public.

Your options are green, the change (-58%) appears to be for the day, not your holdings.

Why the German(?) if you are in Fremont?

I did already reply to that question. I am currenty helping out Elon in the factory to ramp up production to 7K. After that, I'll go on holiday with him in Switzerland skiing.

I was also the one who convinced him buying some more shares @ 351. Currently, he does even consider buying more and calls the bears to be fools as they short more just because of a general market drop. He told me "they soon gonna be hurt even more".

I'd prefer VW was out of business. This is a company that designed and implemented a cheat device so they could exceed emission regulations. They increased health problems, an possibly deaths, so they could make more money. They also lied, for years. I don't believe anything the company has to say and I wish they had been banned from doing business in every country on Earth.

I feel a bit strongly about that.

As for the market, I think TSLA will stay red today. Tomorrow is a new day.

By the time , others have one fully operational Battery plant, chances are Tesla will have 2-3 operational GFs (battery producing)

LG Chemical is planning to have 90 GWh capacity by 2020. I think Tesla's current capacity is around 50GWh and planned to be 150GWh by 2022 (but I may have got that completely wrong).

I haven't seen any data for Samsung, but assuming they're in the LG Chemical ballpark, you can see Tesla having the ability to produce 25% or so of the world's EV battery packs, unless there is another major player I'm unaware of.

• Informative
Reactions: elasalle
I'd prefer VW was out of business. This is a company that designed and implemented a cheat device so they could exceed emission regulations. They increased health problems, an possibly deaths, so they could make more money. They also lied, for years. I don't believe anything the company has to say and I wish they had been banned from doing business in every country on Earth.

I feel a bit strongly about that.

I agree but this is also true of almost every major food company in the United States, tobacco, most pharmaceutical companies (perhaps all of the American ones), clothing companies who worked people to death, Coca Cola who stole drinking water in South America to make poor people fat, soy bean companies and corn companies who have caused mass extinctions in the Amazonia... the list goes on.

So yes, VW not a good story (that's why I sold my VW) but not even close to being the worst company on earth. If this is their mea culpa, I'll take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.