Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many outlets are reporting it second hand, but I'd love to read the original. Batteries for 50 million electric vehicles... hmm... where from???
Here's a quote from an article:

"A VW spokesman said the number mentioned by Diess amounted to a theoretical long-term goal for the carmaker’s MEB electric car platform."

It's all theoretical at some far off date into the future. Obviously demand and the quality of these VW products will dictate what really happens.

Just look at 2013. Take the current stock price and divide by 10. You can read the old threads from that timeframe and they sound just like now. Once Tesla posted the first quarterly profit, stock proceeded to double in one month, and triple within 3 months. Things are currently delayed right now due to all the SEC crap and FUD. But once TSLA posts two consecutive quarters of profits, then the stock will go on a tear.

Just do some simple math $12 annual EPS (no quarterly appreciation = very conservative)
$12 times Netflix earnings multiple of 110 = $1,320 stock price.
$12 times AMZN earnings multiple of 100 = $1,200 stock price.

And TSLA is growing faster than both NFLX and AMZN.

The best time to invest in a company is when the EPS is expanding faster than the street is anticipating. How many analysts have TSLA's 2019 earnings anywhere near $12/share?

Anyone have access to the full text of this article? Perhaps one of our german speaking friends???

Many outlets are reporting it second hand, but I'd love to read the original. Batteries for 50 million electric vehicles... hmm... where from???

VW-Chef Diess will Tesla mit aggressiven Preisen angreifen
Certainly by 2030 or 2035. Diess is only in office since April and wants to further EVs. It appears VW will have a board meeting on Friday where they will decide on the EV investment. I don't know more (except for that interview you linked) but would love to hear more.

• Helpful
Reactions: immunogold
Just look at 2013. Take the current stock price and divide by 10. You can read the old threads from that timeframe and they sound just like now. Once Tesla posted the first quarterly profit, stock proceeded to double in one month, and triple within 3 months. Things are currently delayed right now due to all the SEC crap and FUD. But once TSLA posts two consecutive quarters of profits, then the stock will go on a tear.

Just do some simple math $12 annual EPS (no quarterly appreciation = very conservative)
$12 times Netflix earnings multiple of 110 = $1,320 stock price.
$12 times AMZN earnings multiple of 100 = $1,200 stock price.

And TSLA is growing faster than both NFLX and AMZN.

The best time to invest in a company is when the EPS is expanding faster than the street is anticipating. How many analysts have TSLA's 2019 earnings anywhere near $12/share?
Old threads from which forum? This one appears to have started only in January 2018, not 2013.

Who else saw it drop 3 bucks in an instant and already pretty much recover?

Shorty seems to be convinced that 350 is a magic number they don't want to see broken

Yes, this was a very suspicious big sell that helped push the SP down quickly when it was already descending.

Shorty shorts and Tesla adversaries are clever at timing their dumps to cause the most damage.

Still, cheap shares for new longs...

Old threads from which forum? This one appears to have started only in January 2018, not 2013.

Read the second post from the Short Term 2013 thread:

gg_got_a_tesla said:
I suspect that a long stint in the 30-38 range is on the cards with the possibility of ticking down given any major recalls.

Multiply by 10 and it sounds just like the range of 300 - 380 we have now. Three months after this post TSLA was at $100+.

Replace SEC with NYT and you have a lot of parallels.

Reactions: MikeC
Tales From Da Hood, Part II

My ICE (Honda Pilot) batteries no longer work. No, not those, the ones in the car key used to open/lock the door. I was quoted $150 from the Dealer to replace the car key and declined. Fast forward one year and now the key itself does not work, won't insert all the way in the door. I'm locked out of my ICE, so take the M3 to the Honda dealer this morning to replace the ICE batteries. While waiting, I notice that two Middle East gentlemen wearing teffiyeh (traditional head scarfs) are googling over the M3. Then they each take turns posing in front of the M3 taking pictures...in a Honda Dealership parking lot. What the hey are the doing at a Honda Dealer? Perhaps their ICE key batteries were faulty as well.

Anyone have access to the full text of this article? Perhaps one of our german speaking friends???

VW-Chef Diess will Tesla mit aggressiven Preisen angreifen

The Reuters article mentions that they put aside some €50B for their 50M cars. Don't even need a napkin to realize that this equals to €1000 per car. Either TSLA is doomed as they have a major breakthrough in battery tech that allows them to build the Tesla killer at 10 bucks per kwh or the range of these batteries is just barely enough to drive back to the dealer lot. The latter seems more likely to me.

Nothingburger with a slice of FUD.

Status
Not open for further replies.