Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A proft
Total divergence from the NASDAQ today....

Yes, finally! :)

nasdaq TSLA.JPG

Edit: @ZsoZso
Don't evoke the gosts of the past.

Ghosn has been relatively bullish on EVs. Wonder if whoever replaces him will be equally bullish.
Actually, Ghosn has been dragged into BEVs. He alone rejected the initial plan to employ a decent BMS for the Leaf and decontented Zoe, Twizy did not need much but the upcoming D trucks were not his favorites. He's always been a penurious manager (except for himself, of course) but recognized that there really has been no choice. Thus he does deserve credit for not killing BEV options. Crediting him with them is a few steps too far. visionary he's never, ever been. Cost cutter, absolutely.

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW Bob Lutz coming up on CNBC. Time is 10:15 now.

Going to tell us how a company with $6b/y in operating cashflow growing at 30% and $10b in debt is dead any day now, but GM and Ford with $16b in operating cashflow, 0% growth, and $100-160 billion in debt is ok.

Interestingly enough, if you subtract debt interest from operating cashflow, the numbers for GM, Ford, and Tesla are roughly the same....

Is this the squeeze so often mentioned in the Chronicles of TSLA? The stock had a significant divergence from the rest of the market over the past week, but today it's... something else! I thought about selling a bit of my trading shares to get some profits, but at the rate this is going, I feel I'll end up regretting it.
Anyway, I like it! Slow, but steady! Haven't seen this with TSLA for such a long stretch (ignoring the VW "we're building 50 bazillion EVs" FUD thingy) since... can't even remember!

Funny I bought some QQQ puts as insurance against a total market selloff. If this kind of day persists I'll make money on both! Granted I'd much rather TSLA knocking on the door of $400 with QQQ being up as well but I'll take it. (Honestly the poor performance of QQQ and AMZN is probably giving some TSLA shorts breathing room.)

Oh, and anecdotally I am now seeing at least one Model 3 every day. Back in September I think mine was the 4th Model 3 I had ever seen.

This is just BS. I don't want to get into it now - but I've documented how exactly Nissan got into EVs and what role Ghosn played in MNL, you can look up.
Sources? He has had excellent PR, but actual Ghosn-led decisions are quite different. That history was established before he got to Renault and was a major factor in his early Nissan success. Surely you have read all about that.

• Disagree
Reactions: skybluecgreen
Status
Not open for further replies.