Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me state the hidden subtext: A €50,000 Model 3 now has the same monthly cost for a Corporate customer as an €25,000 ICE sedan.

Or, a €100,000 Model S/X will cost the same per month as a €50,000 ICE.

This will be huge for Model S/X sales. I can't state this enough: This change ALONE could fully offset the effect of the China tariffs on Model S/X global sales figures.

Thank-you, Germany. :cool:

Well... the same tax, but they still need to pay twice(ish) as much for the car itself. Principal/ Interest doesn't go away.
However, a car that does not need oil changes and cost less per mile (free on site charging?) is an additional bonus.

Edit: I don't know how depreciation works in Germany, so if I am off due that that, my apologies.

Let me state the hidden subtext: A €50,000 Model 3 now has the same monthly cost for a Corporate customer as an €25,000 ICE sedan.

Or, a €100,000 Model S/X will cost the same per month as a €50,000 ICE.

This will be huge for Model S/X sales. I can't state this enough: This change ALONE could fully offset the effect of the China tariffs on Model S/X global sales figures.

Thank-you, Germany. :cool:
The company still has to pay the 50,000/100,000€ for the car first, but it can reduce the taxes it pays.

Also, it's not that we directly pay 250/500 € per month, it's more that it counts as income with respect to the tax paid. Effectively, we pay maybe 100-300 € more in taxes per month, which is half of what is was before.

Is this a total no news? Sorry, no data at hand, but pretty sure Tesla sales are hugely down in Europe too? This just how Tesla rolls? They're gonna explode in December, but obviously no articles "Tesla sales grow 500% in Norway in December".

Depends on how October compared with last year.

There's a potential cashflow impact due to the combination of the tariffs, Model 3 and Shanghai factory dropping and deferring sales. Part-China Model 3 going to be a lot cheaper than imported S/X.

With no other EV in sight with the price point, range, charger network and efficiency of the 3, I expect the company car tax structure change the 3 to be a car for the masses with an almost monopoly in Germany.

But how about the long-range Nissan Leaf? Or the Audi e-tron? Sure, the charging network is lacking, and they may be slightly shorter on range, and arguably ugly-ish, but... Oh, wait, never mind...

But how about the long-range Nissan Leaf? Or the Audi e-tron? Sure, the charging network is lacking, and they may be slightly shorter on range, and arguably ugly-ish, but... Oh, wait, never mind...
So Audi's "batteries secured" approach utilizing outsourced batteries isn't working out well for them? Color me surprised. This time its a 10% price hike, but what will it be next time? What happens if GM actually tries to scale up Bolt production? As the primary supplier of automotive batteries (excluding panasonic/tesla, of course) they can play their customers against each other. Who didn't see this coming?

Scuttle means hole or opening.
Butt means booty.
I always thought that scuttlebutt meant anal discussion.
As in, anal retentive...
I always thought that explained much of the discussion around here...
Sigh...nobody goes any research anymore. From my nautical days:
upload_2018-11-27_8-27-59.png

i.e. watercooler talk. Now (as we like to say) back to Market Action (sorry, mods)

I don't know how similar 3 will be to Y.

But, in general what is the use of platforms if the similarity is not much. How do you achieve significant economies if they don't share parts ?

Tesla should stop making changes for the sake of making changes - or for pure cool factor. They do continuous improvements - which is great. They should keep the cool factor to S/X/Roadster - and just make reliable, good 3/Y/Pickup/Semi. Cool can be a "trickle down".

Cool and unusual is needed when you are still making 50k cars a year to garner attention. Not anymore.

I disagreed with the sentiment of slowing innovation and reducing coolness factor throughout all the vehicles. Those things are the very definition of Tesla, exactly what got Tesla here and what will continue to push the world to full EV adoption. You want uncool, buy a Bolt, Prius etc...

Tesla Slams Report That China Sales Plummeted Last Month

In a statement to Fortune on Tuesday, a Tesla spokesperson called the report “wildly inaccurate” and said that the company does “not disclose regional or monthly sales numbers.” However, the association’s claim that Tesla only sold 211 cars in China last month is “off by a significant margin,” the spokesperson added.

Status
Not open for further replies.