Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don’t see it. UK has chosen to go it’s own way. What is demand in UK for Tesla and in your mind how long until demand in UK is half a million a year?
It wasn't a "wouldn't it be wonderful " wish just a straight answer to a question, I guess the same may well be true for the Opel factory, but better geographics. We will be lucky to see M3 this side of July but I would guess demand would be one of rapid growth once available, there are about 3-4 S's and a couple of X's in our largish village already. By the time 1/2 mill' all electric cars / year arrive even the opposition will have caught up, so not all Tesla's sadly.

Q4 cash balance now looking on track for $4bn. I'm surprised Tesla has taken so long to come back to the ABS market given the size of their vehicle lease assets ($2.2bn). I expect this cash will be put towards offering model 3 lease options in the US in Q1.

ABS are rated separately from the corporate rating, but I agree this could potentially also come with a Moodys update at Tesla corporate level.
Moody's Pre-Sale shows $1.66 billion in total lease contracts outstanding at 9/30/18. The cash benefit would be the net after paying back the Warehouse Line on vehicles transferred to the ABS trustee.
$910 million is being used for TALT 2018 B pool.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Thumper and Rarity
Don’t gamble away potential 50-100-200% for 2.78% gains
I will admit that on the occasions when I have sold a fraction of my TSLA shares (TSLA is still, by far, my largest single holding), I've felt a certain amount of angst. I have to accept that I might not ever be able to buy those shares back at the same or lower price.

However, "Underwriter quality" plays a minority role in the analysis - the more dodgy they think the underwriter is, the lower the amount of bonds they will rate. My guess is that they would be lazy and just use Tesla's current corporate credit rating as a proxy for their underwriting quality rather than re-rate the company. It is likely that two different divisions rate the securitisation and the company.

Can you clarify? Were you referring to the Manufacturer? Underwriters of the ABS offering appear to be Citi and Deutsche Bank?

Reactions: CorneliusXX
Well every day is different, isn’t it? No one knows what direction the SP will move next hour or next day unless you are “GOD”:D What people can bet is the long term based on the products and fundamentals of the company. My take is that in general, if the product of the company is loved and used by all group of people, like NFLX, AMZN , AAPL..., then the future of the company is huge and worth for a long term bet.
Not an advice. This is just for myself and my own experience of learning long term investment on growth stocks.
BTW, is that Peter Lynch teach us to do?
Cheers!

OT (probably)
Robinhood is having problem with option trade, all option trade is failing now, and they said some accounts were locked:
Robinhood Status

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-12 at 8.29.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-12 at 8.29.09 AM.png
    175.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Screen Shot 2018-12-12 at 8.29.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-12 at 8.29.09 AM.png
    175.7 KB · Views: 36
I will admit that on the occasions when I have sold a fraction of my TSLA shares (TSLA is still, by far, my largest single holding), I've felt a certain amount of angst. I have to accept that I might not ever be able to buy those shares back at the same or lower price.

Here's a strategy idea to satiate your gambling tendencies (I know, b/c I have them myself)….. hold your shares and don't look at them until you no longer believe in the value of TSLA stock. With a separate amount of cash equal to say... 2.78% of the amount of the stock you sold at 370 and failed to buy back at 360...buy puts at equivalent points in time as when you originally sold for 370.... then cover and buy calls at equivalent points in time as when you wanted to repurchase the stock for 360.

• Love
Reactions: neroden and UncaNed
Status
Not open for further replies.