Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In any case, a EU GF does not exist now, and EU deliveries will commence in less than three months. I doubt savings are that great between shipping cars whole or in parts. Once the factory is up and running, the situation is different. But that is years out from now.
Wondering this AM about the possibility of Tesla buying an existing car factory --- EDIT: in the EU? ---. Are there any available today in the EU? New to this dance, so forgive my lack of knowledge (and for reminding me to drink more coffee ;^).

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Lessmog
But note that for every angry, loud Tesla customer there's probably 10 more who know that they took on the inconvenience and risk of not having a service center nearby knowingly and are staying silent. I hope Tesla is also looking at customer density maps and is allocating new service centers accordingly. They should perhaps also look at some of the 'worst case' trip lengths of urban and sub-urban Tesla customers and allocate new service centers to shorten those distances, because this would probably create quite a bit of incremental demand.

One of the few advantages of the dense dealership networks of ICE carmakers is the short trip it takes to bring the car in to service - and although Teslas require less service in principle, first-time Tesla customers don't know that and shouldn't have to rely on that.

Who gets mad after buying that which they can’t easily get serviced should the need arise? (That’s a rhetorical question)

A situation of ones own doing is, duh, ones own doing. Be mad at yourself for not thinking it through.

Wondering this AM about the possibility of Tesla buying an existing car factory. Are there any available today in the EU? New to this dance, so forgive my lack of knowledge.
Prob'ly not long before Hooton park (Cheshire UK). Currently Vauxhall ( now Peugeot) is up for grabs. Spitting distance from Liverpool docks.

BTW., I don't think it is (or should be) about "revenge", it's a long overdue act of deterrence.

Tesla was IMHO fighting FUD and outright fraud of short sellers and competitors with kid gloves - while in reality Tesla has every right to be outraged at the libel and damage to the brand, damage to customers and investors, and they have every right to seek compensatory and punitive damages and the law is fully on their side.

Tesla was writing blog posts about the 'Tesla Death Watch' fraudsters who apparently filed fraudulent complaints with the NHTSA - Tesla should have sued the hell out of them and their enablers instead.

I think the eye opening moment for Elon was when the FUD got so bad to sic the SEC on them: the SEC, a federal agency tasked with detecting and fighting fraud cited short-seller false narratives in their legal complaint - i.e. the SEC got conned/defrauded by short sellers themselves (!)... That was the point when Elon and Tesla lawyered up seriously I think.

Tesla should emulate Apple here too: Apple is a bulldog when it comes to protective litigation.

Tesla should throw not just the book on them but the whole library as well, to make sure the message is received. Once Tesla is done with Tripp, Lopez and any others, future Tripp's and Lopez's might think twice before attacking Tesla.

"Free speech" does not mean and should not mean "free of consequences".

Right. So revenge.

Did anyone else know that Tripp had fled to Hungary?

-----------------
DuLyeR_U8AEmg85.jpg

-----------------

I wonder... any lawyers here... could a defendant moving to another country after a lawsuit was filed appear to be an attempt to evade justice, and cause problems for them in court?

So that’s why he went silent. I wondered what managed to shut him up. Now I want to know if he’s a dual citizen and if not just how long Hungary will allow him to stay before he moves to Serbia ir some such. Can you get on that?

Is the MMD already over ?! What ?!
Thats all the shorties got for today ?
Lame duck!

I can't even play my daily trading game with such a shallow and short dip.
Come on, Mark, through some BS to the fire.
What is the world coming to if we can't even trust the shorty air force anymore...

• Funny
Reactions: shrspeedblade
Status
Not open for further replies.