Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A lot in that email, but this seemed interesting:

As part of the drive towards 6k, all Model 3 production at Fremont will move to 24/7operations. This means that we will be adding another shift to general assembly, body and paint. Please refer anyone you know who you think meets the Tesla bar for talent, drive and trust. Between Fremont and Giga, Tesla will be adding about 400 people per week for several weeks.

So they have been doing over 2,000 Model 3s per week and not running 24/7 on everything.

Yeah, but some of what he said has the possibility of making that guillotine fall and cut off some of his own appendages.

I've built two houses by myself. I leave a trail of my own blood where I've worked. Sometimes it is the result of carelessness, sometimes being too tired, and sometimes *sugar* happens. This is the cost of progress. Musk doesn't mind bleeding. The difference between Musk and everyone else is that he can market his blood and make money off that too.

Amazing that there's no after hours reaction to the new Electrek piece yet. I know it hasn't hit mainstream news, but I would have thought a lot of bots would be following Electrek by now.

It’s going to take some time. It’s not like their job is to simply disseminate new information. It takes time to run that information through the fun house mirror.

I used the time delay to add shares in my account and a friends at $288xx : )

More just vague talk about shiny baubles off in the horizon to distract from the collapse of the present (sarcasm in case anyone was confused).

Yes and no. Last time there was a 3-4 day shutdown, production doubled and now has improved to 2250 in just over a month. If they can do the same in less then 2 months they would be at 4500 in mid June. The question I have is.. does Elon have any credibility left with the Model 3. To me, the S and X had their issues, but that production has exceeded everyone's wildest expectations by late last year. There is no reason to think that they cannot do the same with Model 3. Its time.

To me, the S and X had their issues, but that production has exceeded everyone's wildest expectations by late last year. There is no reason to think that they cannot do the same with Model 3. Its time.

This to me is the biggest often-overlooked point of the M3 ramp. The S and the X had worse problems. Quality was lower in the beginning, ramp was slow, doors were *sugar*, drive units made noises, trim didn´t fit (outside and inside) etc. etc. And Tesla figured it all out and got to 2000 cars/week and now that line just works.

The M3 is simpler than the S and the X and Tesla now has more experience. To think they can´t get to where they are aiming (albeit late) is just crazy. The only bear-case I see here is further delays towards 5,000 and thus a need of cap raise emerges.

I like the email btw, I shows that Elon isn´t messing around, he´s on the path (he saw out of hell) to get his house in order and I think the later half of this year will prove him worthy of the ''never bet against Elon'' mantra.

Now whether the shorts can beat the stock to 250 before this all becomes evident is another question......

Yes and no. Last time there was a 3-4 day shutdown, production doubled and now has improved to 2250 in just over a month. If they can do the same in less then 2 months they would be at 4500 in mid June. The question I have is.. does Elon have any credibility left with the Model 3. To me, the S and X had their issues, but that production has exceeded everyone's wildest expectations by late last year. There is no reason to think that they cannot do the same with Model 3. Its time.

not sure how you read my comment, but, it was sarcasm/satire.

we’re now in a compressed timeframe where if Tesla delivers in two months and the media doesn’t backpedal some before that, they lose some public confidence in their Tesla “reporting.” Two “ifs” there, but, I do like that this letter came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.