Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve seen this kind of price action before. I’m calling it now, the deal with Tencent will be for $300 a share. Every drop below gets bounced right back.

This gets my vote for best post of the day. Yes, this is very much like the oscillations between 300 & 306 when Tencent loaded up last time, and 306 subsequently became a tremendous support price. Thanks for posting.

How does this work? Have Tesla and Tencent negotiated an undisclosed private placement?

At 12/31/17, Tencent reported owning 4.97% of the shares. It is required to update it's form 13 filings if the percentage rises above 5.0%

Am I the only one who thinks that everyone gets too excited and overthinks things? I think Elon's purchase rules out any immediate deals, strategic partnership announcements, etc. Cause insider trading rules. I tend to think that his recent purchase is more to show his long-term view and direction - like a quarter or two ahead type of direction, not for the next week.

Am I the only one who thinks that everyone gets too excited and overthinks things? I think Elon's purchase rules out any immediate deals, strategic partnership announcements, etc. Cause insider trading rules. I tend to think that his recent purchase is more to show his long-term view and direction - like a quarter or two ahead type of direction, not for the next week.

occam's razor - yeah that might be it

Since Elon's tweet late April 17th reaffirming up latest ramp schedule (my take is min. 5,000 M3/week sustained), we have 53 trading days to end of June.
SP of $288 to ATH $386 linear approach to end of June is an increase of $1.85/trading day. Today SP was up $5.66. So far so good.
I'll report at the end of April to see if SP remains on track.
Update: Today's SP of $302 to reach ATH $386 linear approach by end of June is an increase of $2.27/trading day. Doable.

I'm wondering if anyone knows. Lets say, hypothetically speaking, a short squeeze happens tomorrow. What normally happens to options during a short squeeze? I can't imagine people flocking to call options thinking it'll actually last in the long term, or even short term.

Update: Today's SP of $302 to reach ATH $386 linear approach by end of June is an increase of $2.27/trading day. Doable.

On the stock market a linear approach is pretty rare on a multiple weeks timeline. With TSLA it's rare squared... haha

I wouldn't count on it. Anything can happen : nothing and then a one week burst, one week burst and the nothing, burst then nothing then burst then down then burst then down then big burst (most likely)...

I'm wondering if anyone knows. Lets say, hypothetically speaking, a short squeeze happens tomorrow. What normally happens to options during a short squeeze? I can't imagine people flocking to call options thinking it'll actually last in the long term, or even short term.
One difference from 2013 and now is option premiums. Due to tsla volatility the option prices are very high. I think this is tough to play. Sell options and lock in great gains, but miss out on big jump. Buy hoping to win the lottery is for beer money, no more.
After the delayed ramp, I’ve switched to all stock, no options. Maybe another bad timing in an illustrious collection. Barring a China announcement of Tencent oe someone funding a plant, I don’t see a squeeze happening before 5000 per week and an announcement that they are cash flow positive.

Looking at previous things Elon has said he already warned the suppliers to be ready for 6K/wk by June. So this doesn't mean a whole lot, since there needs to be lead time when ramping up a supply chain.

It’s some evidence in support of what Tesla has said. Bulls of faith don’t need this, but skeptical bulls (like me) appreciate it. Shorts should consider themselves warned.

Reactions: gene
Status
Not open for further replies.