Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve seen this kind of price action before. I’m calling it now, the deal with Tencent will be for $300 a share. Every drop below gets bounced right back.

This gets my vote for best post of the day. Yes, this is very much like the oscillations between 300 & 306 when Tencent loaded up last time, and 306 subsequently became a tremendous support price. Thanks for posting.

We were ahead of the market for most of the day. I was focused more on the chart and what seems to me like an obvious short attack. There was some very strong selling that brought the stock down rather quickly and some capping of any attempted advance once the decline began. But, in the long run it really does not matter - just interesting to watch the shorts’ desperation to hammer this stock.
Yeah, I can see what you are talking about when you look closely. TSLA really didn't follow QQQ until 11ish it looks like.

So we saw $380 peaks back in September and June when the market believed that 5k/wk M3 production was just 3 to 6 months away. Then the ramp slowed up, pushing this mile stone 6 months later and driving down the price. Well guess what? We are now once again less than 3 months away from this mile stone. The only thing lacking for a return to $370 and above is a modest outbreak of enthusiasm.

So lock in your position and get ready to ride.

The word is that Trump is about to reimpose sanctions on Iran - how will this affect the markets? Maybe push the price of oil higher??

That gosh darn Iran. Why did they have to locate themselves right in the middle of a perfect pipeline path from Iraq & Saudi Arabia to India & China. Maybe nobody will look at a map or globe during the Aramco IPO.........The rest of that story now seems to be that China and India would rather pave that path with solar panels now.

The run
I'm really intrigued by what you guys are seeing. The pattern isn't jumping out at me. Could we dig into this a little more please?
take a look at the run-up and consolidation around May 1, 2017. Double bottom around May 15 of last year, and then tested it again around July 3rd on a big short-enhanced pullback. Tencent reported holdings after the first climb out if I recall correctly.

Not TSLA-specific, but, CNBC just bit their lip and reported:

"Americans apparently are getting more enthusiastic about buying electric cars. According to AAA, 20% say their next vehicle purchase will be an electric car, up 15% from last year. The study finds buyers aren't quite as concerned about running out of a battery charge as they used to be."

Tipping point?

Reactions: MartinAustin
The word is that Trump is about to reimpose sanctions on Iran - how will this affect the markets? Maybe push the price of oil higher??
How would you expect the market to respond to further instability? The DOW is down, oil is up, defense stocks up. TSLA hugging $300.

Edit: Apparently Brent crude spiked when Trump announced but then fell back a short time after. Husseini (former ARAMCO head) says that this won't affect oil long term. Apparently Saudi will make the supply happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: CorneliusXX
Regardless of what certain oil producers say I think this development with the Iran deal will ultimately have some impact on oil and gas prices. Even from a political standpoint people should understand that any country's dependence on oil should be considered a security threat. I've said for years the U.S. should do everything it can to try and get as much energy independence as it can, so far it's been difficult as American's are addicted to their cars but Tesla is giving us a real opportunity to change this.

Not sure if and when this translates into a bump for Tesla's SP but as far as I'm concerned it should.

Cheers to the longs.

EDIT: Just to add I filled up yesterday and paid $4 a gallon .... that's a big line in the sand psychologically .... it sucked and I can't wait for my Model 3 reservation to come up!!!!

Interesting. Could you explain that a bit?
I’m just a small time nobody so take this with a grain of salt. I trade what I feel are sure things, Tesla is a no brainer investment for the next 5 years unless it runs way ahead of itself.

I made a small fortune on buying shares and options of weed( canopy growth Corp) beginning in 2015-2016.
Cgc was the market leader in a brand new industry but nonetheless was very prone to price manipulation similar to what I’m seeing in Tesla. Anyways, there was a time when Cgc was glued to $20/share. The usual short attacks worked for a few hours bringing it down to $19 and the price snapped back to $20 pretty quickly. This went for 3 days and since I watched this stock for years it “felt” out of character. Anyways it closed at almost $20 on a Friday and on Sunday it was annoucnced that constellation brands bought 9.9% into the company with an option to purchase an additional 10.1% in 2 years. The price they bought into was $20/share.

Long story short, Tesla is behaving exactly how Cgc( weed) felt back in those days.

My interpetiation was that the price was agreed on before hand in order to please the CB shareholders it wasn’t allowed to fall below the purchase price or it would seem like a bad deal. After the announcement the price of weed rallied more than 130%.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.