Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's earnings day today, but it looks like nobody on this thread cares. :)

What’s your WAG for the SP movement post ER?

My WAG- sell off into market close, price dips further after ER, goes up (towards breakeven on the day) after the call when he talks about tesla energy backlog + deposits

Edit: and model 3 progress is in line with prior ramp guidance (target 5k per week by end of Q2)

My WAG- sell off into market close, price dips further after ER, goes up (towards breakeven on the day) after the call when he talks about tesla energy backlog + deposits

Edit: and model 3 progress is in line with prior ramp guidance (target 5k per week by end of Q2)
this sounds pretty close to me. as long as we stay above 300 (which i firmly believe we will), ill be happy.

I just think TSLA is very undervalued at $57B at today's price ($337).

Tesla will likely do roughly $30B in revenue next year ($10B in S/X sales, $20B less in Model 3... not including Tesla Energy). With gross margins of $7.5B.

I personally think the current price is factoring in just Model S/X and Model 3... and because Model 3 ramp has questions/uncertainty, investors aren't able to factor in post-Model 3 growth like Model Y, Semi, pickup truck, etc. So, once we have some more clarity and certainty on Model 3 ramp, then investors can start factoring in post-Model 3 growth.

And that's when TSLA valuation should go up to $100B, in my opinion.

That clarity and removal of uncertainty with Model 3 ramp can happen today, and then we'll see a gap up and go tomorrow.

Or it can happen later.

But when it happens, I think we'll be saying goodbye to the 300s.

And what's even better to this story is that most people aren't expecting this.

I just think TSLA is very undervalued at $57B at today's price ($337).

Tesla will likely do roughly $30B in revenue next year ($10B in S/X sales, $20B less in Model 3... not including Tesla Energy). With gross margins of $7.5B.

I personally think the current price is factoring in just Model S/X and Model 3... and because Model 3 ramp has questions/uncertainty, investors aren't able to factor in post-Model 3 growth like Model Y, Semi, pickup truck, etc. So, once we have some more clarity and certainty on Model 3 ramp, then investors can start factoring in post-Model 3 growth.

And that's when TSLA valuation should go up to $100B, in my opinion.

That clarity and removal of uncertainty with Model 3 ramp can happen today, and then we'll see a gap up and go tomorrow.

Or it can happen later.

What do you think it would take from the ER and subsequent call for the removal of uncertainty/clarity to happen?

I'd like to see customer deposits top 1.2B and the existing ramp schedule confirmed, but with the current ramp schedule being alluded to as almost 'conservative' - would love to hear Elon utter those words again that "a win should feel like a win." Additional kicker would be a massive backorder of stationary storage orders/projects.

What do you think it would take from the ER and subsequent call for the removal of uncertainty/clarity to happen?

I'd like to see customer deposits top 1.2B and the existing ramp schedule confirmed, but with the current ramp schedule being alluded to as almost 'conservative' - would love to hear Elon utter those words again that "a win should feel like a win." Additional kicker would be a massive backorder of stationary storage orders/projects.

something like "we expect to hit X,XXX units weekly by some short time period and then we will be cash flow neutral / positive"

—an
Wanna bet some of the questions are about Falcon Heavy? After accomplishing that yesterday Elon can do anything. Don't Panic. :cool:

The difference is productive speed, not the performance of the model. The reviews on the M3 are spectacular but not visually arresting. Further, when I first heard about putting a roadster in orbit was cute, but not silly. Now seeing a picture of Starman in orbit and the reaction of the media (even Rachel Maddow started her show with it!), got to admit Elon is as much a genius promoter as technician. Plus, based on a recent post reminding us of his advise to employees at Space X on going public, you have additional evidence he is a really first rate businessman. There's a lot of danger in placing such trust in one person but over time that will be justified and less dangerous as all his companies grow. I suspect Elon is confident all of them are on the right track now.

Tsla will peak when he gets bored which will probably be when he wants to spend much more time with his grandchildren, or his great-grandchildren. (I doubt on Mars :)—an advice.)

Last edited:
Reactions: madodel

Or it can happen later.

Fully agree with you but I'm leaning towards the "it can happen later" part though. That's why most my money is in LEAPS; I don't want to miss it when it happens.

Possible good news:
- cash balance strong
- 1000 Model 3 cars/week production rate reached by end of January
- significant Tesla Energy revenue and growth

Possible bad news
- 5000 cars/week Model 3 goal pushed back to Q3
- more cash used than anticipated, need to raise cash
- worse loss than anticipated, worse GM than anticipated

Tonight I hope some other things (besides M3 ramp) will be annouced or discussed:

- location of future factories (GF 3-5, Semi, New Roadster, Model Y)
- situation on battery ramp (Powerwall, grid storage)
- tesla roof
- AP progress
- other SW projects, like the features that have been recently announced

These are not visible at the moment. Any information would be welcome and could boost the stock.

Only 120 votes but sentiment overall bullish among twitter traders. Not good or bad but a datapoint.

upload_2018-2-7_15-30-4.png

Justin Pulitzer on Twitter

Tonight I hope some other things (besides M3 ramp) will be annouced or discussed:

- location of future factories (GF 3-5, Semi, New Roadster, Model Y)
- situation on battery ramp (Powerwall, grid storage)
- tesla roof
- AP progress
- other SW projects, like the features that have been recently announced

These are not visible at the moment. Any information would be welcome and could boost the stock.
I agree as a whole except for talk about new factories. I don’t think they should talk about that at all until M3 production has passed the 5,000/week mark. Tesla doesn’t really need to be limited to one thing at a time, but the appearance of limiting major focus to one thing at a time is a good thing to project.

Reactions: immunogold and JRP3
Status
Not open for further replies.