Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not expecting anything dramatic to the upside tomorrow. Sold $350 Calls that expire Friday for $7.50 earlier today.

Funny, I sold some of those as well. I'm all over the map though....own stock, covered calls, sold puts, own LEAPs. Actually I have no idea what the stock should do in order for me to make money!

Tonight I hope some other things (besides M3 ramp) will be annouced or discussed:

- location of future factories (GF 3-5, Semi, New Roadster, Model Y)
- situation on battery ramp (Powerwall, grid storage)
- tesla roof
- AP progress
- other SW projects, like the features that have been recently announced

These are not visible at the moment. Any information would be welcome and could boost the stock.

Lately the reports have been full of 'look at what we've done', and very little of 'look at what we're gonna do'

More analysts seem focused on Transportation as a Service as the key differentiator of why Tesla is not like other car companies. While I have high hopes for it, that is basically fantasyland stuff right now.

Meanwhile, it's becoming clear the energy business is likely the real near-term differentiator, and Tesla will sell as many Powerpacks/Powerwalls as they can make for years to come. It also seems likely that power storage and generation hold the best opportunity - near-term, at least - for coveted high-margin recurring software revenue, professional services, and possibly other sources of revenue associated with energy markets.

Further, recent TE news out of Australia solidifies the long-held idea that the energy "stack" - from utility, to home, to road - and associated software ecosystem - holds deep and wide untapped value that is finally coming to the forefront, with potential to spawn new products & services. Throw in another sexy consumer product (solar roof) on that side of the house and there are just so many potential future revenue streams. Can GM compete with that?

How is none of this even mentioned? At this point, any analyst that doesn't understand energy/utilities is probably not qualified to cover this company.

"If we're right, this stock in our models is going to $4,000," Wood said on "Squawk Box." "If we're wrong, and all they do is electric, our bear case is $600."

Money manager known for bold calls sees Tesla going to $4,000 — an increase of 1,100%

Crap. Floors are being redone, house is torn apart, 4 minutes to ER and I have no idea where the lucky frog went. If anyone has a chinese frog with a coin in its mouth, please spin the coin counter-clockwise a few times for me.

We bought one in Shanghai....but i am redoing floors with house taken apart too. How ironic. But we have used ours enough over the last month that the coin is damn bright again. Just like when we bought it just before buying our first Tesla shares at around $30

Status
Not open for further replies.