Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seeing + $8 now that is is not creeping :) It's almost like you would think someone knows something...

Cobos

Yep, that's a sudden jump after a gradual rise to 322.

I don't have access to all the trades, just the recent history on the Nasdaq website. Looking at that I see a lot of 100 trades, which usually means accumulation by a big player.

It's 15 minutes behind though, so don't see the jump to 326 there yet.

I expect short attacks at specific times and some hit-pieces/FUD spreading around to try to contain the price. It's going to be an exciting day, whatever the outcome...
There was an attempt earlier on CNBC regarding price increase by 20%, but even CNBC had to report accurately, that prior to this Tesla has 17% price decrease- this was of course in a lower and softer tone. Some news sources were required to couch the price increase in "the First automaker.." which implies others will be or planning to increase prices as well.

Let's see if the news on a local China based factory will be couched as "the First automaker..." as well...

I expect short attacks at specific times and some hit-pieces/FUD spreading around to try to contain the price. It's going to be an exciting day, whatever the outcome...
Yes, I suppose the FUD-factories will run full steam ahead today.

Well, I worked hard for the money I've invested in this company, shorts should at least have to work for it too.
Even though some of the stories that pop up don't seem to have required a huge amount of brainpower to come up with.

Did you factor in residual value? Both cars will still be worth something at 200km. My guess is that your break even is much lower. Also consider solar as a way to save electricity costs.

No, my point was that lot’s of people can afford it just based on fuel savings. Resale and tax breaks (as long as they last) will indeed bring the break even point lower.

Reactions: wipster and neroden
From this website (provided by Lycanthrope) I gather the following essentials:

- Tesla's plant in China will mean the first (purely) foreign car company based in China;
- Tesla will build a Gigafactory 3 combining R&D, production and sales in the Lingang-area;
- target is production of 500.000 cars/year;
- currently Shanghai and Tesla have signed a memorandum of cooperation, which serves as a base for negotiation. So nothing is final yet.

The part about battery production I cannot make out properly. Might only be car production without battery production, so merging imported battery packs or producing batteries in another building. My mandarin isn't good enough. :)

From this website (provided by Lycanthrope) I gather the following essentials:

- Tesla's plant in China will mean the first (purely) foreign car company based in China;
- Tesla will build a Gigafactory 3 combining R&D, production and sales in the Lingang-area;
- target is production of 500.000 cars/year;
- currently Shanghai and Tesla have signed a memorandum of cooperation, which serves as a base for negotiation. So nothing is final yet.

The part about battery production I cannot make out properly. Might only be car production without battery production, so merging imported battery packs or producing batteries in another building. My mandarin isn't good enough. :)

I'd be shocked if cell/module/pack production was not in GF3 per shareholders (Q1?) call and lack of excess Tesla production at GF1. No sense shipping/ installing the machinery to somewhere else just to ship the cells to China.

Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) on Tuesday signed agreements with Shanghai authorities that will allow it to open a plant in the Chinese city with an annual capacity of 500,000 cars, local media reported.

The U.S. carmaker signed agreements with the Shanghai municipal government, Shanghai Lingang Area Development Administration and Lingang Group, according to news website Knews, which is affiliated with state-owned Shanghai Media Group.

Tesla has been in protracted negotiations to open its own factory in China to help bolster its position in the country's fast-growing market for electric cars and to avoid high import tariffs.

InsideEVs slapped a click-bait title on their article. If you delve further into it, you’ll see that the 455 is a raw dyno result that doesn’t take aerodynamic drag into account.

It's a different dyno testing platform that's biased more toward city driving heavy on fast acceleration and doesn't take aero into account.

Ah, no. UDDS absolutely takes aero into account, by using coastdown testing (combined with known vehicle weight). It's just that it's all done at lower speeds, so aero isn't usually much of a factor. And, it's fairly gentle compared to modern driving, which is why it produces such ludicrously good results.

Basically, UDDS is a simulation of driving in Los Angeles in the late 1960s. Unmodified, it was used to create the 1972 EPA city test cycle, and with an additional hot start cycle, it became the 1975 EPA city test cycle (which was used from 1978 to 1984 to report EPA city MPG). And, the 1975 cycle fuel consumption was increased by 10% from 1985 through 2006 for EPA city MPG reporting (but is used unmodified for CAFE city, today).

It's 2007 when the current 5-cycle test regime was added, but one of those 5 cycles is still FTP-75, based on the UDDS.

TT007, I love your enthusiasm for TSLA. I love how your predictions always make me feel, for a brief time, like I'm going to be a multi-millionaire within a week or two.

But having said that, I will only tolerate your ambitious posts if you agree to start using a period every once in awhile. Please. My eyes need a brief pause occasionally so they can breathe. Like. This.

Thank you. :)
View attachment 315842
sure will be nice when TSLA does a 2:1 stock split, and a 2:1 stock split and a 2:1 stock split and a 7:1 stock split...........over the next say 5-7 years...........

@HG Wells

i saw you ask yesterday

upload_2018-7-10_8-22-42.gif

• Helpful
Reactions: neroden
I feel you're missing the context. In USA no one really, really thinks about price of the gas.
*Decades of cheap gas have conditioned us one way, and decades of even more expensive gas have conditioned Europeans another way. Gas price gap used to be even wider in the past.
many (well, some:)) remember $0.29 (29 cents a gallon gas, ) ie about 7-9 cents a liter gas, so _some_ of us think about the cost of gas a lot, the flat curve/line from the early 1950's until about 2000 when the cost curve went UP UP and AWAY 50 years of tiny price increases. i'm reminded that "when you walk on an exponential curve, it looks flat behind you, and vertical in front" even if the curve isn't exponential, it's darn steep, <creak, groan, ache>

Status
Not open for further replies.