Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And that didn’t take long. Now you criticize him for apologizing because he didn’t do when you think he should have. Grow up. You got what you wanted, he sincerely apologized.
I was very clear as to what I wanted in a different post so don't try to put words in my mouth which are different from what I've already said. Attacking me won't fix anything, we're all investors here and want the same thing as far as I know.

So, you were mad. I knew it!

Not only have I been invested for 6 years, I’ve also been on this forum that long. You didn’t say anything new. In fact, you joined a rather long list of; it’s become an echo chamber, one stop cult shop, all the good people are leaving, nobody takes my complaint seriously et al list.

Here’s the thing, if you’d taken the time to offer new content on the subject of this forum instead of telling us all how bad we and the forum are you’d have been part of the solution instead of part of the problem you seem to think we and this forum have.

Regardless what anyone thinks about this forum past or present the fact remains, THIS IS the place to be to get the latest and most factual information about all things Tesla and TSLA.

I’m told by many people that the ignore list helps tremendously in reducing noise on the forum. Now we aren’t supposed to talk about the ignore list, ignoring people and any and all things related to the ignore function of this forum, so you didn’t hear it from me. And truthfully I have nobody on ignore (although I understand I’m on quite a few ignore lists, maybe even a lot) so I can neither confirm nor deny that it works.

So we just stop talking about this and all be happy in our filter bubbles. Got it.

I hope Tesla buys this report as well. Having a cold eyes review done by an industry expert (team) could be enlightening. Everyone has their blind spots.

At the same time I also wish Munro revisited the build quality issues with later VINs. Fact is, Tesla did not have the budget and time to build a captive fleet of 1000 vehicles and test them for 2 years. As much as I like the company, I would be very hesitant to buy an early build of any of their cars for that reason.

Reactions: neroden
It was not covered and wow.

It smacks of German protectionism. I have the greatest respect for Germany's economy and car industry, but their industrial protectionism has suffocated other EU countries and stifles innovation (I'm hesitant to throw too many rocks given the situation here...)

Tesla might have pulled some technical tricks to meet the EUR60k cap, but that cap was designed specifically to omit them from the program in the first place and support low-cost German models in the future.

To be fair they have premium locations and therefore will be more expensive, comparing like for like, than some car dealer shop in the suburbs. Still I believe it’s an often used not true argument against Tesla.

Did anybody ever made some meaningful cost calculation comparing Tesla stores to ICE dealers?

1000 sq ft in premium location for store plus 4000 sq ft in suburbs for service center has to be cheaper than 50,000 sq ft dealership in suburbs.

Last edited:
s
1000 sq ft in premium location for store plus 4000 sq ft in suburbs for service center has to be cheaper than 50,000 sq ft dealership in suburbs.
like this one? 52 Derwood Cir, Rockville, MD 20850. lots of M3's spotted there getting prepped for delivery

upload_2018-7-18_10-48-55.png

Reactions: madodel
What we're observing is literally a race for Tesla to become good car manufacturer, before the rest of the car industry become good at designing EVs and being software experts.
Just like NFLX racing to become HBO before HBO became NFLX... That seemed like such a ridiculous thought about 4-5 years ago when I heard it first. But yeah, NFLX pulled it. And I got my 70% gain, and missed on the other 600% ;)

It was reported in the European market thread, as I do not expect a great influence on TSLA.
It should. I remember when Ford sent me a check for $400 because the C-Max never came close to its advertised MPG. And that was because people were threatening a law suit and I thought it was good of them. Tesla doing the right thing in response to the German government doing the corrupt thing should be a positive for TSLA.

Maybe layman questions, but it would be interesting to know how Munro has estimated the costs? A lot of the Model 3 parts are built in house so it must be hard/impossible to properly price them? Do they include workforce? How was that workforce cost estimated? Do they have a solid idea about Fremont employees wages? Sorry, these may be boneheaded questions, but I wonder if anyone has any more insight into the process here?

I think there might be quite a big margin of error to this report. Like how do they estimate battery pack's price per kWh if that's not a public knowledge? Did they say anywhere what's their estimation?

If you haven't listened to the whole video, it's worth an hour if you are heavily into Tesla as an investment.
Warning: the host expresses his own views, and at one point describes himself as a "Tesla skeptic"

"Munro includes labor, factory floor cost, taxes and SG&A for OEM or Tier Suppliers." http://leandesign.com/pdf/Tesla-3-Analysis-Sales-Information.pdf It estimates potential margins rather than describing what is, or will be, achieved

Two Tesla short sellers are scheduled to be interviewed on CNBC in a few mintues between 11:45 and 12:15 EDT. They are Atlantic Investment Management CEO Alexander Roepers and Kynikos Associates Managing Partner James Chanos. Interviewers will be CNBC contributor and frequent Tesla bull Guy Adami, and CNBC anchor Melissa Lee wife of Baird analyst Ben Kallo who has an outperform rating on Tesla.

EDIT: The given times are those for the scheduled Delivering Alpha interviews. It appears that the CNBC broadcast of them will be delayed or not shown in the original form at all.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: neroden
Status
Not open for further replies.