Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is horrific ggr, I'd recommend switching brokers immediately. If you trade frequently and dont mind poor service IB has the best platform and very competitive rates. I presently use IB and options house (now owned by etrade.) I prefer the commissions and service I receive at options house, but the platform on IB is hard to beat. I know many people that like TOS from TD, however, I believe they front run their customers orders.
I think you misunderstood... the broker info was correct; Yahoo, despite their claim, were behind. I only use Yahoo to watch the stock graph.

@myusername you make some valid points, but having lived my life, my way, I have been burned so many times I look like a crispy critter at sixty-eight. Some of those burns are self inflicted, some are because I tend to be socially unconscious, and some are because I antagonize. My second army battery command I was viewed by many as worse than Darth (sp) Vader; looking back I can only hope I did that which was right as well as what was expected and demanded of me. That soul wound will never heal (damaged the core reactors).

I recently poked fun at the VW monkey diesel testing referring to WWII, and no one picked up on it ~ probably too short and concise. Why is no one the least bit concerned that Germans, Germans of all people are essentially gassing living creatures? Then there is the basic fundamental of why are the German automakers so adamant that they want diesel vehicles vs EVs. Why not punt and change course 100%? Even Toyota is desperately hanging onto their tried and true Prius. The science and math are all there ~ why not change?

I have been let down so many times by the best and the brightest, Tesla is all I have left; and if I am hit by the bus tomorrow, well, it is better than what everyone else is betting on, bar none.

Now, you may prefer my wife’s approach to investment ~ credit union savings and CDs. Trust me when I say I have been burned by my investments made at high tied, taking time for the sea levels to rise so this beached whale could get back in the water. Need I remind you of TSLA flat price flowing the Model X launch?

No, @myusername I am not your average investor, I am not driven by greed, and I am admittedly not always right ~ probably too frequently incorrect for your blood:)

There are surveys showing philosophers reach their prime in old age. In my case I definitely spend more time and writing energy interjecting examples and remembering lessons, just like you. I see from an earlier post you're about 13 years younger than I. You're pretty smart for a youngster.:)

There are surveys showing philosophers reach their prime in old age. In my case I definitely spend more time and writing energy interjecting examples and remembering lessons, just like you. I see from an earlier post you're about 13 years younger than I. You're pretty smart for a youngster.:)

Due to my path in life, I was always older; especially in the officers corps. That being said, I frequently or my wife did, received comments like this, “that we looked so young by comparison to our military rank grouping.” Having been enlisted and then completing college, I was roughly seven years older than my officer peers. My crude reply, to our young or youthful appearance, based on the audience then is no longer acceptable. And, for good reason:)

@Intl Professor, thanks for the complement. I am not sure I am deserving of the praise as I have been a complete jack butt/donkey on too many an occasion:)

Reactions: Lessmog
Tesla just dove, is there news?
DVX8DRMVoAA_XaP.jpg:large

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-6_14-0-58.png
    upload_2018-2-6_14-0-58.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 70
Apparently, some of the financial analysts are just now figuring out (or reporting) what we already had figured out regarding Q1 Model 3 production. It's not news here that Tesla wasn't actually at a steady rate of 1,000/week at the end of December. I guess I kind of forget that we often figure these things out before the "analysts."

Larry Elder (trader from elder.com) from this morning (via a newsletter):

"I think this is the start of a serious correction. Typically a double bottom. First a severe stab down (which is what we got), then a feeble rebound rally, then a slide into a scary but lower volume second bottom a month or so later. And then the bull market resumes, having shaken out a whole lot of people in that correction. I would sit tight and work on a shopping list."

DieselGate or whatever flashy name it goes by in the news, as well as the monkey gas chamber testing really should have an impact on the average consumer's conscience. The fact that it doesn't, based on the lack of public outcry, shows how distanced IMHO we have become regarding corporations and our health/safety.

@DragonWatch Cannon Cocker/String Puller duly noted. :D

Due to my path in life, I was always older; especially in the officers corps. That being said, I frequently or my wife did, received comments like this, “that we looked so young by comparison to our military rank grouping.” Having been enlisted and then completing college, I was roughly seven years older than my officer peers. My crude reply, to our young or youthful appearance, based on the audience then is no longer acceptable. And, for good reason:)

@Intl Professor, thanks for the complement. I am not sure I am deserving of the praise as I have been a complete jack butt/donkey on too many an occasion:)

My mother once noted at 10 I acted like an old man. It was not a comment on my maturity. Notwithstanding my earlier post, the necessary association of maturity with old age is in itself an immature thought as our even younger peers here are too polite to remind us.

"I think this is the start of a serious correction. Typically a double bottom. First a severe stab down (which is what we got), then a feeble rebound rally, then a slide into a scary but lower volume second bottom a month or so later. And then the bull market resumes, having shaken out a whole lot of people in that correction. I would sit tight and work on a shopping list."

I'd be interested in your or any other's reaction to the idea the recent gyrations are a manifestation of AI run amok and/or the immaturity and thus danger of current algos. Certainly the knee jerk reaction of the algos and retail investors who sold exaggerated the news of a potential rate increase tied to the jobs report. The Fed has been quite clear it will be gradual about any further increases and, as someone else has already said here, the new guy will be even more cautious now.

Of course some will profit massively and so some of this may just be a hidden scheme by the algos to seriously rattle the cages and thus rob retail guys like myself. Nietzsche might have said "he who fights the algos will be algoed."

Last edited:

Intl, you're a much appreciated and very kind member of this forum. As such, I would never want to be rude to you.. however, we seem to be receiving a fair number of off topic posts for the market action thread during market hours. Given the bath many of us are taking presently, I would very much appreciate a relocation of such conversations.

Have you found his analysis to be pretty good in the past?

Status
Not open for further replies.