Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's trading pattern reminds me of February 14. Just came off of a drop, macros up huge but TSLA barely moved. The next day, TSLA jumped a huge amount while macros moved up only a little.

Hopefully, we get a February 15 some time this week.

Cleantechnica’s estimate for Q1 is much better than InsideEV.. estimates were better all across the board from MS to MX to M3. They have Model SX production 100% higher than Inside EVs, and about 20% higher for M3 during Feb.

Tesla Model 3 Wins February (Despite Production Woes), Other Electric Car Sales Dim In USA | CleanTechnica

• Informative
Reactions: mrdoubleb
Woo-hoo! Buy order triggered!

A few minutes too late but got some at $329, still a good entry i think.. After reading Papafox's daily TAs, i would imagine he'd say that shorts are playing wack-the-mole the first hour until they noticed longs were running out of steam, then they kicked it up with a huge 3.52k block (that's 325,000 shares, correct?) to get us down to $327. Can't imagine we'll close below today's open. Looking forward to his analysis on this one!

• Funny
Reactions: MitchJi
yesterday i wrote 2 340$ weekly calls against my shares i picked up last week at 342, those are in good shape. good insurance against the stock tanking or not going back up this week. picked up another 100 shares at $332 and it dropped again. cant seem to time this very well lately...

What does BA and TSLA have in common? Both have acted very similarly the last couple of days. The only thing I could think of is that they are US manufacturers who use a lot of aluminium. Though I assume with they type they use, that they source it here in the US, though I could be way off on that.

That’s the thing about tariffs; they allow domestic producers to raise prices. Good for steel producers, bad for everyone else.

Actually they shouldn't. The problem is that they where not competitive before tariffs. Adding tariffs to imports brings back parity, thus they dont raise their prices, they are now just competitive. Because if they are more expensive then imports after the tariffs, companies will start buying the imports.

Good plan so far. Tempted to go back in at this level. But not sure if the current poor production has been fully priced in yet... thoughts?
My gut feeling for what happens after Q1:
  • Huge miss, 1000/wk at March End, 5K target pushes out again -> $250
  • Big miss, 1500/wk at M/E, 5K target stays -> $300
  • Small miss, 2000/wk at ME, 5K target stays -> $330 (I think this is what people are expecting)
  • Barely hit, 2500/wk with hand waving, 5K target stays -> $350 (another hit in Q2 + margin improvement needed to really take off)
  • Big hit, 2500/wk without hand waving, 5K target stays -> $370
  • Huge hit, >2500/wk without hand waving, 5K target pull-in -> $400+
I focused mostly on the 5K target staying since Tesla has moved it twice so hopefully they're really confident about this. But it's also possible that Tesla comes close to the 2500/wk target but pushes out 5K target again, for example, in order to duck under the 200K sales threshold in the US until Q3. Depend on how it's communicated, I have no idea how that would be received.

Status
Not open for further replies.