Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More production problems. Downgrades by credit & equity analysts.

You forgot to mentioned paid for by short position. Today downgrade stating 1400/wk M3 production was nothing short of hilarious. When it comes to trying to cover someone’s position, people will twist anything to favor them. Kinda like the “new” China recall of the MS power steering bolts that were recalled last week.

Keep buying and hold long and you will be in great shape!

Yes. You and Rob Stark know everything!

Edit: Your spelling is off, Hornig.<===Qui - moi?

Donald Hornig, A-Bomb Scientist and Brown President, Dies at 92

Who was the Nobel Prize winner I was writing a response to Hornig's letter?
Who was the Nobel Prize winner I was writing a response to Hornig's letter?

Oof...now that's tough! Let's see if I can narrow it down.

1. It wasn't me: I wasn't involved in the LBJ administration (there's another reason, too......)
2. Perhaps it wasn't a "Science" Nobel Prize? Kissinger, for example? I can't think of any reason you were chatting with Rob't Frost....
3. Maybe someone only very peripherally involved with D.C. - like Leo Szilard?

I think that's an unfair question!

Reactions: Lbkmxp100d
You forgot to mentioned paid for by short position. Today downgrade stating 1400/wk M3 production was nothing short of hilarious. When it comes to trying to cover someone’s position, people will twist anything to favor them. Kinda like the “new” China recall of the MS power steering bolts that were recalled last week.

Keep buying and hold long and you will be in great shape!
Covering a short would usually cause the SP to go up. Do you mean increasing the short position?

upload_2018-4-10_12-22-23-png.293166

Elon's 3-word twitter response 85 minutes before today's market close may have been overlooked by traders and algobots, but its subtle meaning could be of monumental significance. It appears to be his clever way of teasing about what he knows, but would rather not say explicitly during the supposed quiet period before the earnings report and conference call.

Last edited:
upload_2018-4-10_12-22-23-png.293166

Elon's 3-word twitter response 85 minutes before today's market close may have been overlooked by traders and algobots, but its subtle meaning could be of monumental significance. It appears to be his clever way of teasing about what he knows, but would rather not say explicitly during the supposed quiet period before the earnings report.
From 17 July 2017:
upload_2018-4-10_17-3-4.png

This suggests that this call option is worth more after going down a bunch and then returning back to a level it was at some days or weeks previously. They aren't designed to work that way...
Certainly they can... the time value of the option depends on the volatility, and TSLA has certainly been more volatile recently than it was a few weeks ago.

I also want to point out that Elon’s tweet may have little significance in terms of the actual earnings $ for Q1 ‘18.

With approximately 21.8k Model S/X delivered and 8.2k Model 3 delivered, I estimate 2500M in Model S/X revenue (sales and lease), 450M in Model 3 revenue (approx. 55k/car sold), 300M in Energy product, and 300M in services/other, for a total of 3.55 Billion in revenue for the quarter. This is somewhere more than Q4 ‘17.

Energy is a bit of a wild card, because I don’t have a good sense of sales in Solar Roof, PowerWall, and most importantly, PowerPack have progressed.

I don’t expect a blowout quarter based on the known sales/delivery numbers.

However, I think there’s a chance that Q2 ‘18 could be a breakout report, if the ramp keeps moving. Tesla exited Q1 ‘18 at 2k Model 3/week. If they can exit Q2 at 4k/week, at an average for the Q at 3k, they can produce 36k for the quarter and add nearly 2B in automotive sales. This is an over simplification, but generally speaking, the “steak” in Model 3 is in big delivery numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.