Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have so been waiting for the day when Musk finally raises his middle finger to the parasites and tells them to kiss his ass. How anyone cannot see how incredibly bullish this is is beyond me. The only real bear argument here is that Musk has decompensated and lost touch with reality.

These offended analysts are such a joke, revealing their pathetic egos, warning Tesla to take them seriously or face the consequences, even somehow taking credit for where Tesla is today (whaaa?!). They need to be sent to the countryside for reeducation (yes that is a joke dammit).

I was waiting for this ER as a buying opp and I am getting it. Increasing my positions across the board. There should be furious action today.

But when the dust settles, if macro behaves and TSLA is showing a profit 5 months from now, where exactly will the SP be and where will the bears be? Place your bets...

Good buying opportunities ahead today :))

You can take advantage of a buying opportonity as much as you want. The problem is: retail investors have very little influence on share price. Elon can take questions from a YouTuber, but what impacts the SP most is the analyst opinion and their price targets. And how their investment arms will buy/sell the stock.

Last edited:
I have so been waiting for the day when Musk finally raises his middle finger to the parasites and tells them to kiss his ass. How anyone cannot see how incredibly bullish this is is beyond me. The only real bear argument here is that Musk has decompensated and lost touch with reality.

These offended analysts are such a joke, revealing their pathetic egos, warning Tesla to take them seriously or face the consequences, even somehow taking credit for where Tesla is today (whaaa?!). They need to be sent to the countryside for reeducation (yes that is a joke dammit).

I was waiting for this ER as a buying opp and I am getting it. Increasing my positions across the board. There should be furious action today.

But when the dust settles, if macro behaves and TSLA is showing a profit 5 months from now, where exactly will the SP be and where will the bears be? Place your bets...
But but but analysts need a cash raise because that's how their friends makes money. Why would Tesla sell cars and use those profits to reinvest in the own company... When Tesla spends on growth it's a cash burn, when other companies spend on capex it's good for the company and the economy- see cnbc this past Tuesday....

You can take advantage of a buying opportonity as much as you want. The problem is: retail investors have very little influence on share price. Elon can take questions from a YouTuber, but what impacts the SP most is the analyst opinion and their price targets. And how their investment arms will buy/sell the stock.

While true, most of those sell side analysts are not the institutional managers’ influencers.

People are letting the hissy fits from sell side analysts cloud one of the most important things ever. They should pick up on this and build it into their DCF’s. Robin Ren was on the call and mentioned they are in discussions on which site to pick for a Chinese gigafactory and THANKED the government of China on the earnings call. This to me was mind blowing!

Aside from that, it’s about time Elon stood up and said, no more questions that you can

- get answers from the letter
- hypothetical scenarios that are wrong/don’t make sense
- asking something useless like what % of reservation holders actually configure. This literally doesn’t matter when you are backlogged on the supply side

Enjoy the buying opp.

To Save Tesla From Dying, Elon Musk Must Be Removed Immediately as CEO :D

If you missed the call, I suggest you grab a 100-ounce iced coffee and give it a listen on replay. Don't read the transcript as the mind-blowingness that was Musk gets lost in translation. If you own a single share of this stock, the earnings call should reaffirm why you are better off spending that $300 on an investor education class, new tires for your car or a sliver of bitcoin. Perhaps buy some shares in that hot new cannabis stock. Understand this: Tesla will not be a great company so long as Musk is running it. It's that simple.

The articles I see reinforce the notion that analysts and journalists are mostly myopic morons. They are focused on the fact that Elon snubbed some analysts, without addressing that their questions were stupid. Even a simple investor like me can see how stupid they were. And the articles and analyst notes aren't addressing, as some put it, the 'big elephants in the room' that WERE announced:

No mention of China factory coming. That's huge.
No mention of 1GWh storage project coming. That's huge.

Instead they're lowering the price targets because their questions weren't answered. Even though the ones that actually mattered were answered right there in the shareholder letter.

Last edited:
Yup, you're right.

But I am in it for a completely different reason...I believe in what this company is doing. I am not investing money that I can't live without (it's basically my down payment on my Model 3). I am in this for the long haul. People underestimate the power of having something to believe in and work towards. I believe there is an innate human desire to be a part of something positive. Something that makes a difference. Something that you can say you helped establish, even as a lowly retail investor. See Tesla isn't just a way to make money to me (and to a whole lot of other folks). It's not just a means to a financial end. It's more than that to me. So...I will spend the money that i have available, to invest it in this company in the hopes that in 5-10-25 years it will have made a difference.

Just my thoughts.

Dan

While true, most of those sell side analysts are not the institutional managers’ influencers.

People are letting the hissy fits from sell side analysts cloud one of the most important things ever. They should pick up on this and build it into their DCF’s. Robin Ren was on the call and mentioned they are in discussions on which site to pick for a Chinese gigafactory and THANKED the government of China on the earnings call. This to me was mind blowing!

Aside from that, it’s about time Elon stood up and said, no more questions that you can

- get answers from the letter
- hypothetical scenarios that are wrong/don’t make sense
- asking something useless like what % of reservation holders actually configure. This literally doesn’t matter when you are backlogged on the supply side

Enjoy the buying opp.
Good post. Agree and think we may be seeing a head fake or a concerted push this morning to influence mindset coming off earnings.

Elon was a little immature in the particular way he handled the issue, but the response was somewhat warranted considering the media of late. If you were paying attention the call and note relayed confidence that Tesla is getting their house under control from a bad past 6 months.

It is now time for Tesla to execute and follow through...

Everything correlates back to the macro, seems like US and China is starting their trade talk, hopefully there's no fallout in that.

Even though I've been a long term "Elon is a god and nothing he ever does will undermine my faith" bull, but to be honest, I did not like the call. One thing you learn as you enter the workforce or society in life, sometimes the hard way, is that you never burn your bridges, especially on wall street. No matter how many tricks you've got up your sleeves, you just don't put the screw on the analysts. Apple has hundreds of billions in the bank and yet you don't see them giving the middle fingers to the wall street. You just never know when you are going to need their help. Retail investors are a diamond dozen with at most a tens of millions per individual to invest in the market, they do not have a sway in the market whatsoever. Warming up to them may get more people to buy the cars but if you need money to make the cars, retail investors are not going to be as much help as the investment firms. I know Tesla and Elon has been putting up with wall street's BS for too long, be that as it may, this is the worst timing to give them the middle finger.

Luckily I have sold about half of my holding slowly into the earnings, I may scoop up some shares today, but I'm going to wait and see first.

This isn't even a tiny bit worrisome.

I ask this question again: Does anybody really think a Wall Street bank will forgo 10s or 100s of millions of dollars in fees if Tesla does decide to do a capital raise on Wall Street because one of their analyst was dropped on quarterly conference call? Or because Elon Musk was rude to one of their analyst?

The average Wall Street banker would sell his mother to Elon for less. Lets get real.

All the firms on Wall Street will compete for Tesla's business if Elon comes calling.

Yep these guys want money so bad that access to capital is not a problem as long as they think there is a sliver of opportunity.

I'm glad he gave them the finger.

How much EPS does TSLA have to make to justify a share price of >300 ?

Your lack of understanding on explosive growth and future cash flows is telling. Stick to value plays where you can debate P/E ratios and cash on balance sheets. Better yet stick around and short some more. I recommend a highly levered position. You want to make money after all. And this is a hog of a stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.