Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeeze, for a guy contemplating world domination, Elon sure spends a lot of time on Twitter. Also, weird, but he's in the early stages of a new relationship, right? I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't be on Twitter much if that was me...

And he responds to so many messages there, that's impressive - HTF does he even read them all?

Final point, CR and the "difficult to use" interface in M3. I'd wonder how old the people testing the car are, because my kids (age 14 and 11) would have no problems at all with that, in fact they think an iPad controlling a car is normal and anything with button is something from the "old day".

So tell me...once they are cash flow positive and are showing a profit, what would you rather see them spend those profits on if not growth? Really trying to understand this position but I just don't get it.

Dan

Spend it on growth. Yes, but do not go GAAP negative. It's the amazon model which works.

Previously, it's been net positive for a quarter and then bam. double the negative of the past year. This has repeated 3 times now. Not very convincing that you can actually make a profit.

To the Twitter users here. Please help me to show Mark Spiegel some love
Tom Brechet on Twitter
upload_2018-5-24_8-40-3.png

Spend it on growth. Yes, but do not go GAAP negative. It's the amazon model which works.

Previously, it's been net positive for a quarter and then bam. double the negative of the past year. This has repeated 3 times now. Not very convincing that you can actually make a profit.
Well, you obviously know more about finance than me and I mean that sincerely. I am just an investor and believer in what the company is trying to do.

Perhaps, in my mind at least, this goes back to Elons quotes from the financial call regarding traditionally held beliefs regarding stability of a company in the marketplace. Stating "moats are lame" Elon went on to point to his belief that speed of innovation is what provides protection from the competition in the marketplace. Seems to be working pretty well so far in his companies and there is no shortage of people willing to lend him money. He has also shown an ability to pay off those loans on time with interest if not before.

I guess we will all see where this plays out in the not too distant future. Thanks for your input.

Dan

Seems to be working pretty well so far in his companies and there is no shortage of people willing to lend him money.

We don't have access to SpaceX financials since they are private but I am pretty sure the are cash flow positive and profitable.

Enough cash they buy Tesla bonds from time to time.

At the very least I think they have had more than two profitable quarters.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Responded...

And in case anyone want to comment on this BBC article: Tesla boss Musk rants at press on Twitter

The idiots are out in force in the Have Your Say comments...

Have Your Say on the BBC is often a cesspool. The ignorance and outright lies, I honestly think it cheapens the BBC and they should keep such things off their main news sections.

We don't have access to SpaceX financials since they are private but I am pretty sure the are cash flow positive and profitable.

Enough cash they buy Tesla bonds from time to time.

At the very least I think they have had more than two profitable quarters.
I don't think the SpaceX board will be looking to help Tesla. They will be looking at the legal trouble the Tesla board is in relating to SolarCity.

do BMW, and the Koreans? Not sure if/how this would affect Tesla.

The 2007 BMW Z4 I drove before going electric was built in America. Nowadays they focus on the X models (SUV/CUV). According to BMW in the United States - Wikipedia Spartanburg, SC is their biggest factory in the world (they have multiple in Germany though). In the case of BMW, tariffs would only affect the car models not produced there.

Either way, trade wars are stupid and I don't think they help anyone.

They mated an accelerator with a dynamo. As far as I'm aware, that's just downright cheating. It'd be like GE structuring capital to help customers finance the purchase of their industrial products. They're in for some stern discourse I tell you!
Interesting. Can you please site any specific litigation that is standing against Tesla on this matter or is it just your opinion that litigation is in the future?

Thanks,

Dan

Interesting. Can you please site any specific litigation that is standing against Tesla on this matter or is it just your opinion that litigation is in the future?

Thanks,

Dan

Some news is just click bait. Example: Most Seeking Alpha. News articles about firey electric car accidents with all living passengers and no statistics.
Some is just gaslighting. Example: Articles which shape a false reality, knowingly or not. Harder to tell, but easier to see the more you understand the world (Note: I intentionally didn't say know; knowledge is a weakness unless you update it with new understanding.)

It's baseless litigation which will disappear this year.

A lot of this boils down to Murray Gell-Mann Amnesia effect.

Some news is just click bait. Example: Most Seeking Alpha. News articles about firey electric car accidents with all living passengers and no statistics.
Some is just gaslighting. Example: Articles which shape a false reality, knowingly or not. Harder to tell, but easier to see the more you understand the world (Note: I intentionally didn't say know; knowledge is a weakness unless you update it with new understanding.)

It's baseless litigation which will disappear this year.

A lot of this boils down to Murray Gell-Mann Amnesia effect.
Whoa, dude. I have no idea what you just said, but hey that's just me.

Dan

• Funny
Reactions: SW2Fiddler and dc_h
Jeeze, for a guy contemplating world domination, Elon sure spends a lot of time on Twitter. Also, weird, but he's in the early stages of a new relationship, right? I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't be on Twitter much if that was me...

And he responds to so many messages there, that's impressive - HTF does he even read them all?

Final point, CR and the "difficult to use" interface in M3. I'd wonder how old the people testing the car are, because my kids (age 14 and 11) would have no problems at all with that, in fact they think an iPad controlling a car is normal and anything with button is something from the "old day".
Voice command would solve any or most
interface issues,
“Hey car, open the trunk”

Reactions: JRP3

My 70 year old wife loves her M3 and has no problem with the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.