Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious what bulls think of this Tesla thread on Twitter:

Vu Nguyen on Twitter

That's $1 million in inventory collecting dust...

Anyone here have VIN 39693?

Follow that guy Vu Nguyen at your own risk. He is in the same boat with Mark Spiegel. I found some shorts are like hammers. Everything look like nails in their eyes.

A few months ago I went to my local Tesla center, saw more than a dozen Model 3 on the lot collecting dust. Then I suddenly saw my VIN on one of them. Three days later, I got my car and the car was shinny inside out. Shorts would think gosh something wrong with these cars, all collecting dust, they can't sell them.

Last edited:
Needham analyst: Tesla is overvalued

Needham's Gill on CNBC today: "... all that they're selling right now is performance models, $78,000 and above ..." Say whaaaat? When I pretend to configure a Model 3 from here in Canada, the $49,000 base model (when I choose USD, or $61K CDN) with zero options is promised to me just as fast (1-3 months) as the $64,000 base performance model. Where does he get $78K?

The comment section under Dan Neil's WSJ article is pretty hilarious. The shorts and Tesla haters are very much upset about this article. Mr Neil gives good concrete answers refuting all the FUD type questions they post, which makes them even more angry. :)

Never thought I’d say this, but that actually makes me want to get a WSJ subscription.

Follow that guy Vu Nguyen at your own risk. He is in the same boat with Mark Spiegel. I found some shorts are like hammers. Everything look like nails in their eyes.

A few months ago I went to my local Tesla center, saw more than a dozen Model 3 on the lot collecting dust. Then I suddenly saw my VIN. Three days later, I got my car and the car was shinny inside out. Shorts would think gosh something wrong with these cars, all collecting dust, they can't sell them.
A week or so ago I visited the San Diego service center (hit a pothole, tire had sidewall damage). I didn't actually count, but there were about 50 cars visible in the parking area, and there's another parking area out back that you can't see. Most were M3s. Oh, and three full car carriers parked in the street outside. Unfortunately the SC backs onto an active quarry, and your car is covered in dust within an hour of it being parked outside.

Needham's Gill on CNBC today: "... all that they're selling right now is performance models, $78,000 and above ..." Say whaaaat? When I pretend to configure a Model 3 from here in Canada, the $49,000 base model (when I choose USD, or $61K CDN) with zero options is promised to me just as fast (1-3 months) as the $64,000 base performance model. Where does he get $78K?

Good god. Analysts and journalists together are doing a very good job at proving how little they know.

No, it isn’t true that only performance versions are being sold. Only long range versions are being sold, but that’s quite different. Idiots, all of them.

Apparently, Shabooska's model 3 production source = Augkuo's source. Tesla employees are receiving daily production updates, and they both have access to employee emails:

augkuo, Today at 2:44 PM
Last edited: 53 minutes ago

@augkuo are you referring to skabooshka? If not, your source exactly matches.
No but he could be getting the info from an employee as well. They get a daily email on the production numbers.

Just looked at his twitter feed (skabooshka (@skabooshka) | Twitter) and looks like he's got access to the emails

Exactly. It seems the Needham guy was trying to persuade people to sell their stocks, instead of trying to give objective analysis. Openly lie in front of camera.

Just another, The Sky is Falling (or is about to fall) article on Tesla. This really is getting tiring.

Also, it really irks me that our resident trolls, I mean bears, are already spewing their model 3 demand nonsense on this thread. I thought they’d wait at least a few months. It’s ridiculous, it has no basis in reality (obviously they don’t know what that means hint hint) and there is currently no good conversation to be had about it, at this time.

Therefore, I kindly request our gracious moderators to ban, for now, any talk of model 3 demand from the investors general and market action threads. I hated it four years ago and I hate it now. Yet now they, literally, have the most demand in the history of automobiles, 400000+ preorders. So let’s please take it to the demand thread (yep it’s right down there) and keep these threads about worthwhile topics of conversation.

Anyone else with me? I guess you can like if you agree and disagree if it should be left here.

Quite the coincidence less than 12 hours after I posted this an analyst literally downgrades TSLA partially based on demand. The analyst is literally spewing FUD and falsities (confirmed via Tesla spokesperson). Fear of increased cancellation, Uncertainty of current demand, and Doubt about Tesla’s future demand. And this from the #35 ranked analyst.

Demand is just a boogie man unless you actually put a timeline on it. Deposits will go up and down, looking at any single data point one can skew reality (hint hint) to fit any narrative. With a timeline you can factor far more data points: production, logistics, order mix, regional mix, etc. Otherwise you are just making uninformed guesses, which turn out to be “unequivocally” wrong as the analyst this morning showed us.

Demand is a slow moving trend, to pick only a couple data points to make a prediction will just lead to poor conversation.

MY guess is, of course, as good as anyone else’s as to how Moderators think and what their decision-making process is,:rolleyes:, but I’m rather suspecting that to the extent this thread gallops off in all directions at once like a bee-stung jackrabbit, which it does, then they are somewhat grateful that one at least can make a cogent argument that Model 3 demand numbers are somewhat relevant to Market Action discussions.

But what do I know?

I concede demand can be relevant to market action discussions. But it also can devour a thread, because it’s based so much off guessing and opinions. A cogent argument relating to model 3 demand is necessary, especially to counter current FUD and I’m sure the continued onslaught we will get in the coming months about demand. But there is an investor section demand thread where the perfect FUD argument can be crafted. Demand

Funny how Elon confronted CNBC and asked them have u looked at your analysts(the ones who talk crap about tsla) ratings?

Well poof, out of thin air we have a highly ranked one spreading MAJOR FUD on tsla. Hmm...?

Quite the coincidence less than 12 hours after I posted this an analyst literally downgrades TSLA partially based on demand. The analyst is literally spewing FUD and falsities (confirmed via Tesla spokesperson). Fear of increased cancellation, Uncertainty of current demand, and Doubt about Tesla’s future demand. And this from the #35 ranked analyst.

Demand is just a boogie man unless you actually put a timeline on it. Deposits will go up and down, looking at any single data point one can skew reality (hint hint) to fit any narrative. With a timeline you can factor far more data points: production, logistics, order mix, regional mix, etc. Otherwise you are just making uninformed guesses, which turn out to be “unequivocally” wrong as the analyst this morning showed us.

Demand is a slow moving trend, to pick only a couple data points to make a prediction will just lead to poor conversation.

I concede demand can be relevant to market action discussions. But it also can devour a thread, because it’s based so much off guessing and opinions. A cogent argument relating to model 3 demand is necessary, especially to counter current FUD and I’m sure the continued onslaught we will get in the coming months about demand. But there is an investor section demand thread where the perfect FUD argument can be crafted. Demand

The comment section under Dan Neil's WSJ article is pretty hilarious. The shorts and Tesla haters are very much upset about this article. Mr Neil gives good concrete answers refuting all the FUD type questions they post, which makes them even more angry. :)

Boy he must have really pissed them off because the comments now are suddenly unavailable...

Boy he must have really pissed them off because the comments now are suddenly unavailable...

Back open now and I just read through all 215 of them. For every comment that was FUD or done by a short or no nothing, there was a reply that shut them down completely. Well done Dan and co. Great job! I recommend anybody that can access these comments to go through and like all the excellent responses. Suprisingly enough, it was already about 50/50.

HEADLINE: Shortsville Times

Tesla no longer taking reservations for Model 3 !

Tesla to go Bankrupt because everyone is canceling their orders which is proven by the end of taking reservations! No one wants them. Also all countries outside North America have ban the Tesla Model 3. Obvious because no cars are being delivered to customers outside North America. Stock Price will go to zero tomorrow.

Now that's what I call Market Action.

/satire

Tesla to go Bankrupt because everyone is canceling their orders which is proven by the end of taking reservations! No one wants them. Also all countries outside North America have ban the Tesla Model 3. Obvious because no cars are being delivered to customers outside North America. Stock Price will go to zero tomorrow.

Now that's what I call Market Action.

/satire
Smeagel and Chainus' wet dream. You should write for the Daily Ban Can and Seeking Apocalypse.

Elon Musk on Twitter
Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 20.56.23.png

Status
Not open for further replies.