Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts at this moment:

• 420 seems WAY too low.
• 420 sounds like a pot joke.
• But how could the CEO of a publicly traded company make such a public announcement and not be serious?
• Would it not be illegal to screw with the market if he were joking?
• From an employee perspective: no more upside? No ISOs?
• What happens to the production workers, lured by stock? Would UAW gain a foothold?
• And regular employees: if there's no stock option upside, why would anyone want to join Tesla?
• Is this a gambit by Elon to merge SpaceX and Tesla into some gigantic Musk Enterprises?
• And WTF about the shareholder approval of the wild incentive plan for Elon last year, you know, he takes company to $650 billion valuation and all that? It's like we've all been had.
• This really pisses me off. I was looking for a $1000+ exit, $420 is nothing.
• Grumble.
Employees can still own stock in a private company.

How would this affect his compensation plan tied to market cap?
I think to take the ownership that was allocated, he has to get the stock price OVER ~500$ or company valuation above 100B just to trigger the first level of vesting. The company has to reach 650B over the next 10 years.. that is a HUGE stretch. Maybe he knows something we don't - duh. In the compensation plan announced earlier this year, his max take away was around 50B, With this plan-possibly, he could net a ton more.

This makes sense.

Musk was serious about turning profits on a regular basis going forward. He needed WS to raise capital. He does not need that anymore if what he says about profits is correct. WS now is at best a hindrance. As far as at worst - fuhgetabottit.

Totally understand his motivations.

I think this is the right move for Tesla to reach its goals. He could probably float stock again four years from now at four times the price. Use the funds raised for the final assault on ICE cars hegemony.

Do it Elon. Take it private. Yeah, everyone likes the money, but enough of this nonstop trolling FUD crap affecting the company's future on a daily basis.

Please, anyone with some knowledge about going private please shed some light on the process.
What are the requirements. Is 50%+1 enough? Are there any shares more important than others?
Is it possible to just take the company off the stock exchange market and 'transform' the shares into some other kind of equity?

I understand such things have lower liquidity but nevertheless... I do NOT want to sell at mere 420 :((((((

Worst day of my life :(

i see some concerned and asking questions.
first, if you really have to ask why he would consider going private, you haven’t been following the story.

still, it’s somewhat surprising, if true. and if true, the stock immediately goes to 420 or close to it (if the majority of the street believes the vote would pass).

i’ve considered it myself, which is why i rarely buy wildly OTM calls. what any buyout offer means, regardless of price, is that the shares will be bought back from shareholders at that price. it would warrant a proxy vote, and record date and time set to collect shareholder votes. your shares would have to be held at your brokers depository account (not lent out) on the record date if you intend to vote...incidentally this could cause a squeeze (recalling lent shares) but it’s probable the stock would already be near its buyout price...since the buyout needs to be announced before a proxy vote can be set up.

it may be better for tesla not having to deal with the bullsh!t anymore. em doesn’t have issues raising $. he doesn’t need the WS snakes to do it. it’s the ultimate FU, really. that part of it is great to watch. the sad part is not being able to trade it.

Status
Not open for further replies.