Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Elon is trying to get in front of this , not sure he wanted people to take such a large stake and wonders where it will end ? Lots of entities could come up with the money to take a controlling interest in Tesla and I'm sure he does not want to give up his baby ... especially after coming this far with it.

I'll go out on a limb and say Elon is 100% serious, I will also say he would have no problem coming up with the financing.

Cheers to the longs.

Just curious ... if asked to sell shares right now and NEVER buy again ... what price would you want?

I'd sell my shares for $2000, per share of course :) .....

So I go out to run a few errands and come back to 10+ pages on this thread. So I turn on the TV and CNBC is going nuts about this. Their theory seems to be on his Twitter account was hacked. They are asking everyone their opinion. I'm waiting for them to ask the cleaning crew what they think about Tesla going private. :p

My thoughts at this moment:

• 420 seems WAY too low.
• 420 sounds like a pot joke.
• But how could the CEO of a publicly traded company make such a public announcement and not be serious?
• Would it not be illegal to screw with the market if he were joking?
• From an employee perspective: no more upside? No ISOs?
• What happens to the production workers, lured by stock? Would UAW gain a foothold?
• And regular employees: if there's no stock option upside, why would anyone want to join Tesla?
• Is this a gambit by Elon to merge SpaceX and Tesla into some gigantic Musk Enterprises?
• And WTF about the shareholder approval of the wild incentive plan for Elon last year, you know, he takes company to $650 billion valuation and all that? It's like we've all been had.
• This really pisses me off. I was looking for a $1000+ exit, $420 is nothing.
• Grumble.

Status
Not open for further replies.