Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe what will happen is that the stock will shoot past 420 and forcing elon to raise his buyout price.

An offer like this will bring forward all the future potential valuations and disregard any short thesis. The market will now value tesla on rainbows and unicorns.

Musk is right to do this at this time (for his benefit) , when short pessimism is highest and before tesla shows a profit.

well, he definitely did warn the shorts.

i so wish he wouldnt take tesla private. i've been in since late 2013 with the expectation that it'd go up multiples. all this waiting with the fruit about to be had, and the rug gets pulled out.

sigh...

Elon Musk just trolled all TSLA longs, particularly those here on TMC investor forum.

Or NOT: I believe he's more serious than joking.

If I were Elon, I would do the same. I mean, while Elon apparently loathes shorts, but they are shorts after all. But the response of so-called staunch investors, i.e. the almost unison, and super strong *demand* of Elon to apologize for his pedo tweet (and reprimand from majority for his "bad behavior"), could have well broken Elon's heart. why whould he want Tesla to be a public campany when he has the money to take it private? The pedo thing in itself had almost nothing to do with Tesla, other than Elon Musk is the CEO. But the response of Tesla investors was really unforgiven.

Why such response? Because investors cared so much about their TSLA heavy portfolio.
Only very few, @bonnie among them, defended him properly.

Bye, bye, TSLA 3K/5K/6K/... No more dreaming (and drooling) necessary.

If Elon does not take Tesla private eventually, I'd say he's doing a tremendously (and unnecessary) generous service to the Tesla investor community, even to his own, and Tesla, inc.'s harm.

Last edited:
Realistically I will miss being a TSLA holder if this happens. However, there is no way I could complain about it other than the need to pay capital gains taxes. Watching SpaceX vs TSLA and the history SpaceX has had with Saudi Arabia (Arabsat) plus all those other clients it is clear that. aprivate Tesla would be much easier to manage and funding will not be an issue with quite a number of established deep pockets ready to jump in. Were this to happen it would probably be good for Tesla.

Elon Musk on Twitter

Screenshot 2018-08-07 at 19.51.56.png

Guys elon's tweet came out right after the Saudi announcement. Now the Saudis really wouldn't make an investment into Tesla unless they were going to make lots of money or try to drive them out of business. Maybe this is Elon's threat back to the Saudis? If you invest heavily in my company I will take it private and you won't make any money off Tesla nor will you control it's destiny.

Thoughts?

Unnamed short complaining on CNBC. "SEC NEEDS TO INVESTIGATE HIM FOR MARKET MANIPULATION AND HE SHOULD BE FIRED!"

"Disregard for wallstreet and free markets"
My oh my. He has the syphilitic cankers a tad upset doesn't he? Only people being fired because of this would be the loser trolls who spend all their time trying to tank the stock. The mission continues.

• Love
Reactions: AndreN
My oh my. He has the syphilitic cankers a tad upset doesn't he? Only people being fired because of this would be the loser trolls who spend all their time trying to tank the stock. The mission continues.

We're not trying to tank the stock. We're waiting on whatever material information Tesla is now obligated to release.

Where did they "secure funding" from? Who's the buyer? When would this transaction be happening? What approvals does Tesla think they need?

Elon Musk made a material statement when he said he "secured funding." That's a lot of funding. They're supposed to tell us more.

Status
Not open for further replies.