Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I saw the Grand Cherokee numbers & didn’t know how to classify them. The resource I’m leaning on (GoodCarBadCar) does not classify them as luxury, so I followed their lead. I think, in reality, the low-end Grand Cherokees are not luxury vehicles, the high-end ones are, and where to draw the line is open to debate.

But my point is: Model 3 is doing great whether you compare to declining sedans or growing SUVs, luxury or non-luxury, or the market as a whole. The magnitude of its success is getting hard to ignore.
You are so right.
2018 14,250 Model 3 Sedans in July WITH A BACKLOG - Tesla has a production problem, not a sales problem, right?
Aug. sales might well make near 20,000 ?

2015 16,191 July Jeep Grand Cherokee (any backlog? I don't think so.)
2016 16,661
2017 19,024
2018 17, 956

Jeep Grand Cherokee Sales Numbers, Figures, Results

IF/when Model 3 hits 10,000/week = 40,000 / month - for how long?? I don't know.
Tesla can always drop the price with RearWheelDrive option on any of their vehicles, right?
AND they can't seem to make enough batteries for all their products.

1. Verified account
    14m14 minutes ago
    Morning, can you confirm if you would retain control over the company? It wouldn't be an outright sale?

Elon Musk‏Verified account @elonmusk
Replying to @FredericLambert
I don’t have a controlling vote now & wouldn’t expect any shareholder to have one if we go private. I won’t be selling in either scenario.

This twit is very important. My interpretation is that shareholders can stay in. In my view, Elon will not abandon the current shareholders. He is not that type of person. I will stay to the end and see how this unfold. If this goes as I expected, this could turn out to be one of the best scenario. Except I can't add more shares down the road. I'm fine with that. I could be wrong.

THIS move by Musk can trigger the short squeeze of the century. Especially when he discloses his financing. The sp may go past 420, and then Musk stops “considering” taking it private.
Exactly. Elon knows the stock is worth way more than $420 and he is not going to screw over loyal shareholder believers by going private. I firmly believe Tesla will not go private.

Guys elon's tweet came out right after the Saudi announcement. Now the Saudis really wouldn't make an investment into Tesla unless they were going to make lots of money or try to drive them out of business. Maybe this is Elon's threat back to the Saudis? If you invest heavily in my company I will take it private and you won't make any money off Tesla nor will you control it's destiny.

Thoughts?

You make a good and obvious point.

The Saudis are a threat no matter what to TSLA. You will never convince me they do no want to extract every last bit of oil out of the ground, earth be damned. What are their intentions in accumulating shares of TSLA?

Elon, hope you are not BSing about this. The consequences could be huge.

Be true and follow through now.

I think he is not joking. So many of us see the value in Tesla, it is really not hard to find a dozen or so wealthy people that share our view. And he is really sick and tired of dealing with the s$#@

Exactly, particular the s$$$s from LONGS ... just go back to check how many demanded an apology for his pedo tweet. He apparently lost one major motivation to keep Tesla public by the pedo responses from investors, as this pedo thing has been by far the largest public shaming of him he's ever encountered.

• Disagree
Reactions: aubreymcfato
I'll go out on a limb and say Elon is 100% serious, I will also say he would have no problem coming up with the financing.

Musk has said *repeatedly* that he would prefer it if Tesla had never gone public and preferred having a private company.

So I would certainly assume this is 100% serious. If the stock prices exceeds $420 at the time of the tender offer, of course, nobody will vote for it except Musk and they'll have to raise the offer.

Guys elon's tweet came out right after the Saudi announcement. Now the Saudis really wouldn't make an investment into Tesla unless they were going to make lots of money or try to drive them out of business. Maybe this is Elon's threat back to the Saudis? If you invest heavily in my company I will take it private and you won't make any money off Tesla nor will you control it's destiny.

I also agree that Musk would like to force the Saudis out of the business, and going private is one way to do that.

I would be fine if Tesla goes private at $420. That would lock in a nice gain for me and I do have a Roadster and a Model 3 I will get to enjoy for a long time to come. Tesla, Elon and I have had a hard time with shorts and the incredible short term thinking of Wall Street. Going private would allow Tesla to truly plan for the future, a future we badly need to arrive especially with the Trump environmental offensive.

It would also be great if we could somehow be part of longer term Tesla. Maybe us investors with a longer range view can be part of the privatization.

Musk tweet:

My hope is *all* current investors remain with Tesla even if we’re private. Would create special purpose fund enabling anyone to stay with Tesla. Already do this with Fidelity’s SpaceX investment.
Now we know he reads TMC (actually, no; it was in response to someone else's tweet).

Last edited:
I am dreaming that Elon would allow some of us to become private investors if we agree on certain terms.

Edit: Elon said yes!!!

Attachments

• tweet.JPG
    tweet.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: aubreymcfato
Well I just super panic sold all my J20 400 call options. I'm out, I couldn't handle potentially seeing it drop to 20, after seeing it drop from 70 to 52 in a single day.
Why in the world would you sell your call options with $400 strikes!? You would have made a bunch of money right? Unless I'm misimim something. A $420 buyout and $400 strikes would drive your options up, not down. --long tsla w options and stock

Status
Not open for further replies.