Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm freaking out about my stop orders. I so don't want to sell half of my TSLA stake, but I can't cancel because they're bought through a bank and it's closed :Þ I only put those orders to be able to sell on a high / buy on a low because the shorts inevitably create lows...

Going to be super-stressed until I get a response from the bank tomorrow...

• Informative
Reactions: GaryW
I don’t like this at all, I want to exercise all my deep in the money options. They are now listed at $0 with big losses, someone enlighten me what is happening today... I don’t want to get out at $420, I planned to keep till $1000, probably many of the long term investers here as well...

If your option is deep in the money, I don't think they will go to zero. It doesn't make sense. I think this is just a temporary halt that caused a display issue.

• Helpful
Reactions: AndreN and madodel
That's just because with trading halted, there are no bids/asks for them. The deal can't be done without a stockholder vote, you should have plenty of time to do something about them. Exercise and sell, one at a time if necessary. (note: I'm in the same boat. Did have a quiet panic there for a minute.)

This isn't right. You guys are probably screwed if you have options with strike prices over 420. They'll keep some value in case they need to pay more than 420 but you'll lose almost all your money. You're probably not going to have a chance to sell unfortunately.

edit: I thought they were talking about far OTM calls. All is well for in the money calls.

Last edited:
To clarify things for people, the stock WILL start trading again, and will trade in the period leading up to the vote. That's how it works. They only halt trading until the company makes its formal announcement about the go-private offer.

I asked to recall my shares which were lent to short-sellers (which may take a couple of days). Largely this is because I want to make sure I can vote (no!) when the go-private offer comes through; you never know what they'll set for a record date.

Status
Not open for further replies.