Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree. it’s sad. and social media (fb and twtr) are accelerating the destruction of our society, because to me, unbridled, there’s more bad than good there. (i’ve said they need to be forced to verify accts and rid themselves of bots at the temporary expense of DAUs and MAUs.)

this latest chapter (basically this year) of the saga has me feeling bitter and angry with the system. our sh!thead media, slave to ads and influence. journalism is opinion, and openly, they don’t even hide their bias...they goad and gloat publicly (twitter). many are just hateful and confrontational. true journalism is now for the ‘losers’. no money in it, because our dumbed down society doesn’t have an appetite for it. they wouldn’t know how to value it, no surpise, given our dwindling level of education.

this has further pushed me to the conclusion anti-elon is anti-progress, anti-future, and anti-american. and i don’t mean that to discount the rest of the world, it’s because we are the loudest, and our system embraces it. shameful. it’s old, unproductive, and needs changing. but it’s not happening.
what can we do beside what we here, are trying to do?
I agree, at work it gets pretty confrontational at times. The anti Tesla crowd already has their minds made up even before they open their mouths. I try to show facts, quote news sources and I end up getting shouted down. I usually end it with the zinger, I own one, I own the stock, I research it daily and all you have is Twitter. You don't know diddle squat!

This is a very useful graph. Looks like today isn’t the worst day in history, but it’s definitely up there.

Attachments

• 3C0B103A-90CD-4E54-9C2E-9AC6555C0895.jpeg
    3C0B103A-90CD-4E54-9C2E-9AC6555C0895.jpeg
    255.2 KB · Views: 75
As of today's low of $303, we are now 21.7% into a dip from the $387 high. Historically, this has been a great spot to buy. We may drop further, who knows. Here's a little TSLA history for this level of dip:

Since 2012, there have been a total of 7 dips in the range of 21 - 24% (about 1 per year.) The average climb from here was 28.3%. The smallest climb was 14.5%. There were 2 climbs of over 50% from this level, but they were way back in 2013. A 14.5% climb from $303 is $347.

May 2012: 22.8% (19% climb over 7 trading days)
June 2013: 23.2% (51% climb over 26 trading days)
July 2013: 21.4% (52% climb over 18 trading days)
March 2014: 23.4% (15.8% climb over 6 trading days)
April 2014: 21.7% (19% climb over 5 trading days)
June 2016: 22.1% (26% climb over 24 trading days)
July 2017: 21.5% (14.5% climb over 13 trading days)
Only problem is that history always repeats itself.....until it doesn't.

The whole taking Tesla private is turning out to be huge disaster. The more I think about it more I am getting convinced taking Tesla private doesn't serve long term mission. Why would Elon waste 25-30 billion taking Tesla private instead he can take that money from Saudis and invest in 5-6 Gigafactories, new products, more charging infrastructure, solar roof , powewall etc. . And now since it looks like 25-30 billion will be required and if saudis fund that they will become majority shareholder. So now he is thinking about getting Spacex to invest. That is just counterproductive. That means more delays to BFR. I don't want to delay going to mars because this.

More importantly Tesla model 3 production is just killing it right now, p3d reviews have been hugely positive and instead of this we are talking something which just doesn't serve mission.

And now this (don't click it's Azealia Banks)

Weekend at Elon’s: A Tesla Subplot With Azealia Banks

How low can they go?!

The fact that NYT allows these low lives to continue spew venom to the mass is disgusting.

You know their report 'in this topic' is biased to the extend of extorsion, possibility driven by an agenda. You know this because years of following Tesla and all the research put into it.

If you're a bystander not knowing Tesla you probably think they are reporting the truth and exposing the problem in this billionaire's rotten life, which doesn't surprise you at all as he is one of the super Rich, root of our problems.

Now image some other topics you're not familiar with. That probably includes most of their reportings. How do you know they are telling the truth? How can you trust them still having a moral standard at all?

The whole taking Tesla private turning out to be huge disaster. The more I think about it more I am getting convinced taking Tesla private doesn't serve long term mission. Why would Elon waste 25-30 billion taking Tesla private instead he can take that money from Saudis and invest in 5-6 Gigafactories, new products, more charging infrastructure, solar roof , powewall etc. . And now since it looks like 25-30 billion will be required and if saudis fund that they will become majority shareholder. So now he is thinking about getting Spacex to invest. That is just counterproductive. That means more delays to BFR. I don't want to delay going mars because this.

More importantly Tesla model 3 production is just killing it right now, p3d reviews have been hugely positive and instead of this we are talking something which just doesn't serve mission.

You’re a bit confused about what’s going on. The Saudi’s aren’t offering money to build Gigafactories, etc... Neither Elon nor the Tesla Board want the Saudis to have the major/controlling ownership and are actively taking steps to prevent that. Elon has said nothing about SpaceX being an investor in the transaction.

How would you know? Karma happens in the next life, not this one. You're confusing it with Instant Karma, which is a song by John Lennon that sounds good, but doesn't mean squat...
Well - we should all stop using the word "karma". If we all knew the background, we would.

It is the basic idea used to explain how the "lower castes" in India were born that way. They must have done something really bad in their previous life. How else would you justify enslaving more than 1/2 the population for 2,000 years ?

If you are a NYT subscriber you can comment on the recent Elon article. I did. Although that article is slanted and does a disservice to Elon and Tesla, I will not be canceling my subscription. The Times is still one of the best sources of information in a world that needs more information not less. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.
Are you talking about the same NYT that supported the invasion of Iraq in 2003 and absolutely trashed Bernie Sanders while pushing Hillary Clinton in 2016? Come on. What credibility the NYT might once have had was lost many years ago now.

You’re a bit confused about what’s going on. The Saudi’s aren’t offering money to build Gigafactories, etc... Neither Elon nor the Tesla Board want the Saudis to have the major/controlling ownership and are actively taking steps to prevent that. Elon has said nothing about SpaceX being an investor in the transaction.
Well Tesla can take funding from Saudis for expansion and dilute shares which will give Saudis stake in Tesla and funding Tesla Win-win. Now as far as Spacex is concerned it's rumour on the street. I hope it is wrong. But given situation that looks to be more likely option now. May be Larry page can throw some money. Who knows. But taking Tesla private is just unnecessary distraction and does not serve long term mission.

So WHY THE FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF would Musk give NYT the time of the FFFFNNNNNNNNNNG day when he should be meeting with more people like Marques Brownlee (MKBHD)

Climbing into the bear den is running into destruction intentionally.

I’m not liking the fact that Elon is possibly playing both sides at this moment. Aside from voicing our frustration with the NYT, investors should also convey their displeasure with how their CE friggin O has handled himself lately, it’s completely frustrating when your own CEO is inadvertently shooting shareholders and causing unnecessary emotional pain. Elon may think he’s the only person hurting from these sort of hit pieces/articles but investors like ourselves are also casualties. Lots of good people were hurt today because of this misstep, so freaaaaking be careful moving forward, Elon. This makes you look terrible (inadvertent or not...). Another mistep like this and I’m going to revolt (not that it matters because I’m only one person).

Sharing anything negative to the enemy is not the way to go about it, especially if it has to do with your mental health and medication; you’re basically giving them ammo to not only fire at *you but also at your entire army of followers. Elon, if you want people to march with you into war, you have got to smarten up.

Still long but I just had to vent my frustration.

Last edited:
Well Tesla can take funding from Saudis for expansion and dilute shares which will give Saudis stake in Tesla and funding Tesla Win-win. Now as far as Spacex is concerned it's rumour on the street. I hope it is wrong. But given situation that looks to be more likely option now. May be Larry page can throw some money. Who knows. But taking Tesla private is just unnecessary distraction and does not serve long term mission.

Still confused. Elon has specifically stated he doesn’t want to dilute shareholders.

Taking Tesla private is a must and does not affect the long term mission in a negative way. Wait and see.

I am sitting on an amount of paper loss that I am afraid to tell my wife. I get where you come from.

Yet I still think his intention was to explain the rational behind going private: the smear campaign funded by short can truly hurt Tesla's demand: Nobody wants to buy a car from a company on the verge of bankruptcy. The continued short coverage could really cause a bank run like situation.

His choice of going to NYT is understandable too. He agreed not tweet about this and he needed a venue with mass coverage.

I don't believe for a second he needed a shoulder to cry on. I believe they just exploited his emotional weak points at this highly stressful times. For this I hate these people to the guts.

I’m not liking the fact that Elon is possibly playing both sides at this moment. Aside from voicing our frustration with the NYT investors should also convey their displeasure with how their CE friggin O has handled himself lately, it’s completely frustrating when your own CEO is inadvertently shooting shareholding’s and causing unnecessary emotional pain. Elon may think he’s the only person hurting from these sort of hit pieces/articles but investors like ourselves are also casualties. Lots of good people were hurt today because of this misstep, so freaaaaking be careful moving forward, Elon. This makes you look terrible (inadvertent or not...). Another mistep like this and I’m going to revolt (not that it matters because I’m only one person).

Sharing anything negative to the enemy is not the way to go about it, especially if it has to do with your mental health and medication; you’re basically giving them ammo to not only fire at *you but also at your entire army of followers. Elon, if you want people to march with you into war, you have got to smarten up.

Still long but I just had to vent my frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.