Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse me NYT, buyers should be warned about buying VW EVs.

Forget Dieselgate, Electric Volkswagens Could Now Be Recalled

Carcinogenic metal has been found in charging systems of Volkswagen electric hybrids. Way to start the revolution VW..

Carcinogenic metal was also found in Audi and Porsche products. So what’s going to happen to the mission e/Taycan? I suspect a delay..

"We have temporarily stopped taking orders for the Golf GTE,' a Volkswagen spokesman”.

Last edited:
So, so disappointed in the New York Times.

It was so obviously a skewed piece focused on "scoop" headline rather than an honest fair reporting of the interview.

And I still get home delivery... This week was tough, everyone morning, another hit piece.

Why am I paying all this money for this nonsense? May as well get the Journal at this point.

Is there any major paper accurately covering what's going on with Tesla?

The difference between the vast majority of happy costumers that love their cars, and the "chaos" portrayed in the media is just ri-god-dam-diculous at this point.
Had to go for a drive in my model 3 tonight to get my bearings after this awful day. Still can't believe how great this car is. When the Germans get this car they will feel shame for their once proud automakers. Near the end of my drive a pickup truck filled with double hung windows driving with tailgate open lost about half it's load (at least 8 or ten of them). I almost swerved onto the sidewalk. Car is fine, but drove over some glass. This day/night couldn't be over fast enough. Almost daylight now, goodnight or morning.

If only we could flash forward to the end of hypocrisy as it relates to pot.
The day of legalization can't come fast enough.

Legalization of pot decreases the sale of drugs sold by pharmaceutical companies, who therefore have an incentive to lobby against it. TMC often mentions the influential Big Auto and Big Oil, but there is also a Big Pharma.

Sadly for most prospective owners, they will need a comprehensive tool kit and a fair working knowledge of high voltage systems in order to access the said cadmium in the charger in order to be able manage to poison themselves or families. Not certain but I think cadmium being carcinogenic is of little consequence, it would be quicker to lick or even suck a lump once you have identified the relevant component. And people wonder why we want out of Europe with it's Elf and safety idiots

I am completely shocked by Elon Musk.
I have invested at 355$ (101 shares) sind teils believed in statements like:

-funding secured at 420
-only Tessin why its not sure is shareholder vote

Are you kidding me? And now this Guy is tearing in NYT? Elon, buy back my shared at 355$, i dont Want 420!!!

You are a complete Idiot ans you have truly made myself have Tears as well!!!

Had to go for a drive in my model 3 tonight to get my bearings after this awful day. Still can't believe how great this car is. When the Germans get this car they will feel shame for their once proud automakers. Near the end of my drive a pickup truck filled with double hung windows driving with tailgate open lost about half it's load (at least 8 or ten of them). I almost swerved onto the sidewalk. Car is fine, but drove over some glass. This day/night couldn't be over fast enough. Almost daylight now, goodnight or morning.

Put down your phone and get some sleep friend, days like today you may just drop it and crack your screen.

Reactions: kbM3 and AZRI11
Carcinogenic metal was also found in Audi and Porsche products. So what’s going to happen to the mission e/Taycan? I suspect a delay..

I expect the established "mainstream media" to handle these stories of traditional ICE carmakers killing, injuring and endangering people with their products with kid gloves, because automakers are one of their main advertising income:

Largest advertisers in the U.S. 2017 | Statistic

General Motors is #5 advertiser, Ford is #7 advertiser in the U.S., and that doesn't include the local advertising done by tens of thousands of dealerships (franchised and indy dealerships as well), leasing companies and gas stations, which advertising comes on top of the generic advertising done by the car OEMs.

Worldwide Volkswagen is the #4 advertiser of all advertisers:

What You Need to Know About the World's Largest Advertisers, from Adidas to Yili

Tesla doesn't mass-advertise, at all, and punishes referral codes that get mass-advertised.

It's a fundamentally uphill battle for Tesla to get fair coverage in ad dependent industries: established media and TV.

Case closed.

I have lost $5000 listening to this Idiot and trusting him in just 3 days!!! Seriously, Elon really needs to shut up His mouth and not speak about things (M&A) he does not understand.

Only depending on shareholder vote? Baby, you do not even have a deal structure nor have you spoken to financial advisors and your top 5 shareholders (that are btw selling strongly currently).

Elon, for that loss you've Made me Suffer because of your immensive stupidity I truly feel that you should buy back my sharws at 355$. You eben were that dumb to go to NYT for an Interview EXPLAINING NOTHING. NOTJING. ONLY MORE PAIN.

If they can hire someone (hell i will do it for 1000 shares) to split Elon's role and force Elon to take 2 weeks from Tesla. That might clam the waves.
They should also announce the $35K version available for stand in line reserve holders starting on Dec 1 this year. Yes sell them at a loss to gain positive media coverage. Only need to sell several hundred this year. Even using the current battery pack if needed so they are software restricted packs. Also announce Model-Y features in a few weeks.

I am completely shocked by Elon Musk.
I have invested at 355$ (101 shares) sind teils believed in statements like:

-funding secured at 420
-only Tessin why its not sure is shareholder vote

Are you kidding me? And now this Guy is tearing in NYT? Elon, buy back my shared at 355$, i dont Want 420!!!

You are a complete Idiot ans you have truly made myself have Tears as well!!!
If you will be long term then your will make really good money from that. No matter if you buy at 350 or 300 in 5 to 10 year perspective. Difference will be visible but not important.

I have lost $5000 listening to this Idiot and trusting him in just 3 days!!! Seriously, Elon really needs to shut up His mouth and not speak about things (M&A) he does not understand.

Only depending on shareholder vote? Baby, you do not even have a deal structure nor have you spoken to financial advisors and your top 5 shareholders (that are btw selling strongly currently).

Elon, for that loss you've Made me Suffer because of your immensive stupidity I truly feel that you should buy back my sharws at 355$. You eben were that dumb to go to NYT for an Interview EXPLAINING NOTHING. NOTJING. ONLY MORE PAIN.
If you are new to stock market with that attitude you will loose huge amount of money. No matter what you will buy. The main thing is to be patient and do not be distracted by short term fluctuations.

I bought at 290, then more at 360, then it fell down to 290, afterwards it spiked to 380 and you know what? That's OK. If you aren't professional day trader you shouldn't care.

why would you grant an interview to such a person?!

I guess that among Elon Musk's many detractors someone with some psychological insight realized that his Achilles Heel is his need to always explain his reasoning and that in a ruthlessly honest way. Then it was just a question of finding a journalist willing to take the suggestion of baiting EM into giving a long interview about all his challenges and his outlook and then cherry pick a few juicy quotes to back up the hit piece.

The difference between an intelligent person and a non-intelligent person is that the latter keep repeating their mistakes, while the former finds new ones to make. So let's hope that this experience has taught Elon Musk to put on his poker face when he is unsure who he is dealing with.

Honestly wouldn’t a simpler staycation at his homestead in LA with a Victoria’s Secret supermodel help with the stress and sleep issues. I know it’s always helped me a lot when under high amounts of stress.

Don't tell anyone I wrote this, but in my experience the benefit of that is canceled out by trying to keep the whole thing undiscovered by the wife. :)

Sorry Mike, but you are precisely the kind of market actor Elon is doing his best to get rid of. So you might as well decide right now to either eat your losses stoically, OR keep the shares and go looooong, which will surely be more rewarding in the end. Assuming here, from the fragments of your posting, that the losses are not yet realized?

And if you intend to tell Elon what to do I think you need to buy him out first, with more money than exists. How much did you say you had paid for that privilege?

Have a nice day.

If we get into $280 or lower, I'll bring at least another $100K (not an advice, consider that my mortgage is paid off, and I have no debt otherwise; be careful kids :)).

Since I have also posted how I have invested quite heavily in Tesla, I want to point out that I also paid off my mortgage years ago (with my spouse) and am debt free, and that I really don't want anyone to use the current situation with TSLA to take a too high risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.