Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows? I mean it tanks on stupid stuff might as well spike up on stupid stuff.

I really think the good ole boys on Wall Street scared out all the little guys they could and loaded up the truck and are now ready to rinse and repeat.

Mike

good thing is morgan stanley and GS wont be reporting BS about TSLA for a few months. :D

Banks didn't "hear" anything. Musk wasn't even home that weekend, and she was staying in a guest house, not the main house. It may not shock you to learn that her claims that "Musk bribed her lawyer to delete evidence off her phone" are nonsense as well. She's famously a fantasist who loves starting fights (both figurative and literal), with everyone from rappers to Sarah Palin. She's banned from Twitter.

Whichever of the firms that is advising elon on social media use is doing a good job. Delete whatever medium Azaleia is using to contact Elon. Cancel the phone number that she know. Etc. Since she's not on twitter, it's fine.

Reactions: neroden
$320 +!!! wahoo!!!
200w.webp

Musk seems to like to play people's vanity against them. You simply let the NYT crowd get the story wrong and misinform their own readers. Meanwhile real stuff is happening that they are not inclined to pay attention to. Later this comes out, and it is like Elon has pulled magic out of thin air and the NYT cloud got it all wrong.

Indeed if Musk is going to take Tesla private, it is beneficial for the the shorts to feel emboldened. The more heavily shorted Tesla is, the cheaper it is to take private.

So is Musk manipulating the situation? No, the vanity of all these other players, the media, the shorts, the stock analysts is doing the manipulation. Musk simply is allowing this vanity to play out around him. Ok, maybe provoking it a little. If you warn the shorts about a short burn, they will dig deeper trenches for themselves. If question media coverage, you can be sure the journalist will try to justify themselves by staying fixed on negative narratives. If you tell the stock analysts that their questions are boneheaded, their petty egos will lock on to petty valuations. Dogs return to their own vomit, so you let them. Meanwhile you go back to the assembly line and keep making cars better. Those who are ensnared by their own vanity will never see what is really happening.

Like everyone here, I have a lot of respect for your views and talent. You didn't say this, but I don't think one should conclude from above that Elon is devious. I think he is simpler than that. He's a scientist and a genius on many levels, including as a businessman. He has a flair for the dramatic, much like Steve Jobs. His sense of humor is artful but when he is serious he is genuine. That integrity to honesty often gets anyone into trouble. The gold standard for me was articulated at the UN by a Thai student in the 1950s. "We are taught to think about everything we say and not to say everything we think." When we see Elon in action he stops, at times to consider, and then proceeds naturally. When you see a popular politician and his prominent attorney in action, the difference is obvious.

Just watched a live interview on CNBC with a Cathie Wood, CEO of ARK Invest. Very positive on Tesla and Elon. Couldn't be knocked off message despite the talking heads multiple attempts. "But, what about the management? Aren't you concerned?" or some nonsense like that. Cathie kept dead center of her lane. Wonderful to watch, actually.

Her concern is the going private aspect, which deprives some, including her, from being able to go forward with Tesla as an investment. Her future valuation was an eye opener for some I hope, and should have given the FUDsters a shiver or three.

No links as it just happened, and I doubt CNBC would post it as it was too positive...

NASDAQ is mildly up, by about 0.2% - that would correlate to an about 0.5-1.0% rise in TSLA - not enough to explain the pre-market rise I believe.

This pre-market rise is on pretty thin volume, so my guess is that it's European traders who saw the new video of Elon in the Fremont factory:

This video falsifies the false narrative propagated by the NYT and the usual suspects. There's also the clear bottom TSLA managed to make yesterday, against headwind.
Tiny volume for regular market; moderately high volume for premarket.

Journalists and outlets trade on their credibility and any kind of pay-to-play reputation is a death sentence. I'd say the only ones who can truly influence editorial is legal and perhaps finance.

Oh what a relief! I’m glad I can trust in them, that any of that shocking stuff were going on, a journalist would have uncovered it and told us.

The alternative is unthinkable! Influence over news content would be dangerous to a democracy.
(Dangerous to a democracy. To a democracy...)

Like everyone here, I have a lot of respect for your views and talent. You didn't say this, but I don't think one should conclude from above that Elon is devious. I think he is simpler than that. He's a scientist and a genius on many levels, including as a businessman. He has a flair for the dramatic, much like Steve Jobs. His sense of humor is artful but when he is serious he is genuine. That integrity to honesty often gets anyone into trouble. The gold standard for me was articulated at the UN by a Thai student in the 1950s. "We are taught to think about everything we say and not to say everything we think." When we see Elon in action he stops, at times to consider, and then proceeds naturally. When you see a popular politician and his prominent attorney in action, the difference is obvious.
On the other hand, engaging in a maneuver of media jiu jitsu, finally, after a decade of being burnt constantly, doesn't have to be deviousness. When your enemies have a habit of turning your honesty into more rope to hang you, and you observe that in their zeal they are rolling it around their own necks, maybe you decide to be honest with them one last time. No need to interfere with an adversary that is making a mistake.

The truth is pretty devious to those who are bent on controlling the narrative.

Meanwhile you go back to the assembly line and keep making cars better. Those who are ensnared by their own vanity will never see what is really happening.
If you are making them better, as opposed to just faster. This article about the no-rework-needed yield rate at Fremont may be full of beans, but it does resonate with posts you read here about new owner delivery issues. And remember, those issues are found in cars that made it through final Q/A inspection.
Better and faster would be great. Just faster, while positive for the SP, not so much.
Internal documents reveal the grueling way Tesla hit its 5,000 Model 3 target
Robin

Reactions: neroden
Status
Not open for further replies.