Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is a bad macros day. The way EMs are selling off, anything that looks risky is getting whacked. I guess that is rubbing off on TSLA as well.

The big -1.5% selloff on NASDAQ appears to have triggered most of the selling pressure on $TSLA. Other high-tech stock with similar volatility correlation to NASDAQ futures (for example NVDA) are down roughly the same amount (-3.2%) and in similar trading patterns.

You’re making more out of it than needs be. Everyone has a different definition of good experience and bad experience. I’ve seen someone complain because there wasn’t any coffee and that hit their bad radar.

Here’s the truth of it; people will be people. They love to tell a good story and will embellish to make it a great story. They love to tell a bad story and will embellish to get boatloads of sympathy. Somewhere in the middle will be the truth.

People tell of horror stories from dealerships, yet they keep buying from them - for decades. And no, they don’t change brands because of it. They change brands when the car they take home gives them more trouble than they are willing to deal with over whatever period of time matches their patience.

My delivery experience was a whatever moment in time. Could have been better, could have been worse. In the end completely irrelevant because the car I bought is da bomb! I will for sure be buying a Y. Probably a pickup at well. And that Roadster will take all my willpower to passby. Maybe used. The spouse has already been all over my butt wanting to upgrade the 3. I can only hold them off so long.

The delivery experience passes real quick when the product is as badass as it is. That’s the truth of people; short memories and what have you done for me lately. Those handful that stomp off because the delivery service wasn’t fit for royalty are generally pain in the butt customers anyway that cause more hassle than they are worth.

And yes, of course I think Tesla should continue to work on and improve the efficiency, consistency and pleasantness of the delivery experience for its customers.
You just got your 3. Why is your wife wanting an upgrade so soon?

• Funny
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
Q: Would it be front running for a CEO to deliberately act crazy / unhinged, and then for him or others connected to him to buy stock when it's low?
tumblr_mz837jbboX1tp7q0oo1_500.gif

The big -1.5% selloff on NASDAQ appears to have triggered most of the selling pressure on $TSLA. Other high-tech stock with similar volatility correlation to NASDAQ futures (for example NVDA) are down roughly the same amount (-3.2%) and in similar trading patterns.

On days like this I think the shorts let the macros take their toll, but step-in and dump some shares when the stock begins to get traction - which spooks people even more, of course.

I don't have any data to back that, just my personal theory and what I'd do in their position.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Status
Not open for further replies.