Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a high value, high margin appliance that uses a lot of electricity - i.e. it's the perfect product for Tesla Energy / Storage.

There's also plenty of demand: heat waves are becoming a lot more common due to global warming. After this year's record heat wave in Scandinavia I'd expect there to be a market for whole-house air conditioners even in Finland. :cool:

There is also a ton of advancement that can be done with existing technology that is not commonly implemented (Geothermal, evaporative cooling, ERV/HRC, zoning, multi-stage, multi-zone, variable speed, smart/programmable, dehumidification, heating byproduct, etc). If Elon/TSLA/Tesla solar have information on advancements in addition to this they could have an excellent product to pair with solar cells and batteries.

• Informative
Reactions: Fact Checking
Boss Short:
Just finished watching the show. Was not what I was expecting.

Biggest item that hit me was Elon taking a short puff on a marijuana cigarette. I think the brand was Brunt or Bunt.

Anyway I think this deserves two totally different attacks. One for the law and order market and one for the pot head market.

HEADLINE: Shortsville Times

For Fox Buisness
Jeff Sessions may order Elon's arrest on Federal marijuana charges. Five year minimum.

For CNN
Elon not into grass. Rejects liberal beliefs.

Sincerely
Your partner in crime.
Editor Shortsville Times

Last edited:
I'm really tired of people that attack others if post is not superbly optimistic. Yes, that includes you too.

Here is one possible interpretation of your behaviour: you are new account, you want only positive stuff to be discussed, to quietly raise expectations, so that when Tesla can't live up to these expectations, then TSLA stock price suffers!!! So you're probably another form of Tesla short, no? Yeah, your shorts' game is getting more subtle and evolved, I'll give you that.

See? Very easy to come up with a vector of attack on almost anything said; @beachbum77 has been bearish, but reasonable, let him be, please.

Oh, and btw, I've blocked almost everyone that publicly stated that they've blocked someone, so 'Disagree' is the only way that I'd see if you're displeased.
You wrote enough here to not really care about your "feedback".

But anyway, as it's easy to check I don't attack people for "pessimist" posts. I even don't attack all and even most of the open lies posts.
(I would have to spend all my free time commenting you and your buddies then). He posted link to a "drop". An injection which if succeeded would generate a "nice" round of negative commotion.

Reactions: humbaba
No it's not. He is under stress and probably was nervous for the podcast. No reason to scream apocalypse.
I was happy that friends were sending him messages after he smoked. He has friends by his side, which is very important in difficult times.
he wasn't concerned with anything. Dude was literally answering questions, he is just a typical successful nerd you would find just 20 years ago in any good lab.

I will write a bit about chronic stress and usefull(les)ness of sleep drugs to combat it when I get time.

Remember, there are still +32 million short shares of pain left. And I'd say it's likely they'll increase the shorting as soon as we start recovering...

And it's the smart shorts that have covered. It's the dumb ones that are left behind and that will join once the share price starts going up. So plenty of fun left, just don't despair...
down 17.7% since 5/31 (39.1 to 31.16), 82% to still go. elephants quietly stampeding for the exits, leaving the dumb shorts holding a bag of IOU's worth Billions, and picking the dumb shorts pockets
upload_2018-9-7_7-19-47.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: AZRI11 and humbaba
Hopefully I can go back to sleep soon. Nothing here to cheer me up.

Not sure if it was already talked about, received and installed AP update as I write, sad point is I will not be testing it today Friday. If I had been on my toes yesterday am, I could have had it updated and then tested it later that afternoon. Oh well. Sunday pm or Monday early am is next scheduled drive. Luxury of retirement, sort of. . . and down to just one vehicle while planning out a real reason to drive, other than a mango, dragon fruit drink at Starbucks:) Starbucks cannot even provide that drink due to lack of supply for the demand. Ever hear of that problem before?

If I am a beta tester of the new AP system maybe I should con my wife into a quick trip to Starbucks and maybe she will allow me out of the basement to do something other than mow the lawn:)

God life was simpler when I was developing, producing and fielding a manual driven leadership training war game, completing my masters, attending the artillery officer advanced course, and as the battery commander placing on the ground in Europe the newest artillery most devastating non-nuc firepower ~ yes, all at the same time. My god how my peers hated me, and the FUD was enormous. The only thing I have to show for it is a tarnished brass MLRS belt buckle that will not buy me a cup of coffee. I was not destined to be a general because my brother was never the ambassador to Germany. Besides, how could I capitalize on my retired rank and my initials for my call sign ~ MajorBS49. You say FUD, I say MajorBS. Always frustrating when someone truncates my call sign and just uses the BS part:-(

Remember when you drive or fantasize driving anyone of the Tesla models there is nothing comparable and a lot of people have poured their heart and soul into producing those cars against all the odds. As someone recently pointed out, the car is more american built than probably any other car on the road.

My hope for Elon is that at some point when it is all said and done, he can enjoy captivity in a basement like me and joke about his wife letting him out and into the wild from time to time. Thank goodness my basement is a daylight one and in the garage is our Model X eagerly waiting for either my wife or I to take her (Xena) out for a spin. Xena is taunting me to test out the new AP software installed!

Tesla is bigger than Elon; the sooner those in assumed power can realize that little fact, the sooner they can buy their “why bother latte’” ~ decaf & skinny milk (hemp milk is good too):)

Really had to laugh yesterday when my wife told someone that was down and almost out; that they should focus on the small good things in life. My wife said too me, “I am old and can philosophically say those words of wisdom.”

If there are any longs left out there, maybe we could get together on my lakeside lawn, yes after I mow it, and as the sergeants used to tell us during my enlisted days, “smoke em, if you got em.” I’ll either be on the dock fishing or on a stump chair, drinking my “why bother latte’” or my one and only 5oz glass of red wine. Oh wait, gotta run to Starbucks for my egg bites w/bacon and test out the updated AP ~ be right back ~ we all know that is MajorBS:)

Really gotta work on that “old soldiers never die, they just fade away” bit again:)

One puff out of curiosity / while on the spot does not make you a stoner.

Elon is out of his comfort zone obviously that is plain for everyone to see. He doesn't have pro pot smoking skills. He's essentially as inept at pot smoking as BMW is inept at making attractive EVs.

However, it's going to be blown way out of proportion for those who seek to harm Elon and Tesla.

It was really an anti-marijuana spot for a non imbecile. It doesn't do anything "for him", if anything he thinks it would interfere with his productivity.
So instead of attacks on Tesla employees and arranging botched interviews Mass-media he obviously doesn't watch or reads will spend plenty of time discussing pot habits. Win-win me thinks.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Okay, I’m pissed. A CEO does not smoke weed during a live interview! What one does in private is their own business, so long as it doesn’t hurt others. In public, that’s another story.

I’ve never thought it before, but it’s time for someone else to take over (JB) and let Elon solve problems behind the scenes. Pedo guy, boring boneheaded questions, now this. Just too much noise, too much drama. I’m sick of it.

Okay, I’m pissed. A CEO does not smoke weed during a live interview! What one does in private is their own business, so long as it doesn’t hurt others. In public, that’s another story.

I’ve never thought it before, but it’s time for someone else to take over (JB) and let Elon solve problems behind the scenes. Pedo guy, boring boneheaded questions, now this. Just too much noise, too much drama. I’m sick of it.

Why not? It's legal. **** wall street and all the media. Good on you Elon.

Status
Not open for further replies.