Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you on jumping in due to the going private attempt.
Disagree that damage is real though. Only real if you need to sell. Otherwise, this is just 2017 again...

Listen I am prepared to take a considerable net worth loss to stake Tesla to success both as a product and stock buyer, but the technical damage is definitely real as is the unwillingness of talent to involve themselves in what they might see as a circus. Cannot say this Is not real. Almost all self inflicted and unnecessary.

If this is anything like the drop in March of this year as I suspect, we will be back up around $280 by this time next week.

The primary reasons the stock is down are: CAO who had been on the job one month has left. How bad can that be? And Elon takes a short smoke of a tobacco/weed combo, and drinks some whiskey during a non-corporate interview. The media who are backing the shorts are spinning all that as terrible shock/horror (I even just heard that interview literally described as "explosive"), but it's all inconsequential and scores well with certain consumer sectors - not conservative financial TV hosts, that's for sure.

The HR VP leaving is regrettable but there might be all sorts of internal reasoning for that, that aren't anything to do with Elon. (though... I have read the biography lol)

Stock plunged today 9% but is already up to a 6% loss after 40mins of trading.

Meanwhile - SpaceX continues with almost perfect execution, unconnected with all this, even though the media like to drop "going to Mars" into the discussion about Tesla. Tesla itself is delivering a huge number of very profitable cars this quarter, and I'm almost certain there will be minimal cash burn and a small profit. I think "production hell" is over, and Elon is able to relax a bit. Even though he appears stressed, the worst is over for the company.
Wasn't the CAO hired to oversee the privatisation, having done so at Seagate? Why stay on if Tesla remains public?

The primary reasons the stock is down are: CAO who had been on the job one month has left. How bad can that be? And Elon takes a short smoke of a tobacco/weed combo, and drinks some whiskey during a non-corporate interview. The media who are backing the shorts are spinning all that as terrible shock/horror (I even just heard that interview literally described as "explosive"), but it's all inconsequential and scores well with certain consumer sectors - not conservative financial TV hosts, that's for sure.

lol

I enjoyed this interview, but it's extremely tame compared to other JRE podcasts. It was almost the opposite of explosive.

Dinosaur media is just getting a few more jabs at the meteor.

It will be interesting to know how many shorts closed out their position today and what the remaining number is?
Musk has zero credibility right now with his tweets. Why do you think this is a good idea?

Musk has even less credibility than Truthsetter atm I'd say. Not crediting Truthsetter tough.

I have several times and got burned so far. The latest was on Aug 7th that I closed a few days later when the 8-K did not appear.

We are banking on a positive P/E ratio to draw down the stock price in early 2019 from where it is today and to rise back up from there. At that point we make the switch. That is why we have been watching the Jan 19 $200 puts as an indicator. No analyst is calling for anything below that except one at $195 I think. It all hinges on Q3. I expect this Q3 to mirror 3Q16 when Tesla sold everything with wheels and raised cash every way they could to reach a profit and it worked.
Too bad you didn't sell those calls at the intraday high on Aug 7...I wish I had lol.

Hey guys, im back from my 30 day ban

What did i miss?
Hey. me too! I don't even know why I got banned in the first place :(
All I did was doubt the go private, and presented my argument why it made no sense! And said,I bought some puts on the pop.
This tells a lot about the moderator of this forum 30 days ago, not about me :) But I'll likely post here only rarely with this kind of hostile environment. It saved me a lot of time

I wish everyone had a pleasant month.

Last edited:
Hey. me too! I don't even know why I got banned in the first place :(
All I did was doubt the go public, and presented my argument why it made no sense!
This tells a lot about the moderator of this forum 30 days ago, not about me :)

I wish everyone had a pleasant month.

I got mystery banned to a while back. Maybe it's all the same person. :D

Folks, please put the accounts you think are trolls/shorts on "ignore" and do not respond to them. Keep in mind:

This TMC forum is a unique resource for retail TSLA investors. There is literally no other forum like it, with such a concentration of well-informed and intelligent investors focussed on one stock. Short sellers literally have billions of dollars hanging on the failure of TSLA, and they are going to pay staff to come onto this forum and disrupt its operation. It's a job. You log on in the morning and make negative/timewasting posts all day long. Not just by posting that they think the stock will fall. But also anything that disrupts the operation of the resource, not limited to flooding the thread with unecessary posts, discussing non-TSLA-related subjects, posting nearly-bullish-but-not-quite opinions, endlessly replying to other posters who reply to them... hitting "disagree" "agree" or "funny" on posts to disrupt the perception of effective communication... so that the real accounts who just want to talk about TSLA, find themselves having to scroll past pages and pages of other stuff, and lose enthusiasm or get confused. Genuine posters even get engaged in the discussion about what the retired British diver is doing, what Tim Cook does in his spare time, or discussing Trump on here. I would love to see more posts from vgrinshpun, DaveT, Curt Renz and all the other senior members I've come to respect. I would even love to see the return of Julian Cox. But this thread is successfully being turned into the Inside Edition/Weekly World News/National Enquirer of stock discussions.

Please simply ignore posts you think are troll/short accounts and do not reply to them... just hit "disagree" if you want to, or hit ignore on the account. Do not engage them.

Last edited:
Too bad you didn't sell those calls at the intraday high on Aug 7...I wish I had lol.
I really thought he was doing it. I never dreamed he would announce it without all of his ducks in a row. The BoD response was when I knew my calls were in trouble and sold. In hindsight, we all wish we had taken different actions. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.