Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Company Update

Huge updates.... including delivering 2X as many cars as last Q.

OK, there are some good decisions in here. In fact, there's a reorg hidden in here.

Jerome Guillen is now President: Automotive. He controls engineering, supply chain, production, distribution, sales, and service.

In other words, he's the COO for the automotive business. I guess he didn't want to handle Energy too. But there you go, Tesla has its COO.

Kevin Kassekert is VP: People and Places, in charge of HR, construction, and infrastructure. (It's confirmed that Toledano quit due to overwork. Work-life balance, Elon!) He seems well equipped for the construction and infrastructure job; he seems to be pinch-hitting at HR, unfortunately.

Chris Lister is running Gigafactory Operations, and apparently was critical to solving production problems there, so that's good.

Felicia Mayo, senior HR director and head of Diversity and Inclusion program, is now a VP, and reports to Kevin and Elon (ugh!). (Why not make her the actual HR director, I wonder?)
Cindy Nicola, VP of Global Recruiting, now reports to Kevin and Elon (ugh!) I hope these two talk to each other a lot. :)

Laurie Shelby remains Environmental, Health and Safety VP but reports directly to Musk not to Guillen.

Dave Arnold becomes director of communications -- dunno. Did communications for Virgin America (the airline) but has been working at Tesla for a year and 7 months, under the commnications director who left. I don't think this is going to help get Musk's communications under control, but on the other hand, having Branson as your eccentric major-shareholder / boss may have been rather similar...

Joe Rogan set Elon up by handing him a joint.

He was out of his depth intellectually

Everyone keeps calling it a joint. It was a blunt. :)

Joe said more than once he is too stupid for this conversation.

If the standard to interview Musk is that you are at or near his level intellectually he would never do an interview with a professional interviewer.

Musk would do podcast that reach less than 100 Mensa members..

Yes, Reality has been posting here for quite some time. I can't speak to his future posts, but in the past he has had some reasoned things to say. Crossing into trolling? Well, yeah, that's why he has been banned *multiple* times. But regardless, Reality does not have posting characteristics of the recent crop of paid trolls. I'm trying to give the benefit of the doubt before adding another one to the ignore list.
I think you're thinking of @Electroman.

• Informative
Reactions: Joe F
Sounds like Jerome Guillen will basically be operating as the COO. Glad to see Elon recognizing those who have helped Tesla be successful. Hopefully Jerome will be able to hire more talent to help with keeping manufacturing steady.
I wonder why he didn't want to deal with Tesla Energy? Maybe there is a separate COO in the wings for Energy... or maybe Musk is bored with cars and wants to build self-sufficient houses instead...

I also hope that Jerome will be able to fill the missing staffing positions for Tesla Automotive. It's not 100% clear what they are and I suspect a lot of the needed positions are basically highly trained secretaries to handle internal communications. (Someone whose full time job is to keep track of automotive regulatory and procedural stuff for different jurisdictions and distribute information about them to the sales, service, and delivery people would, in fact, have a full time job, for example.) His Daimler experience may make him more open to making those hires?

Closed my NVDA puts and sold TSLA Jun 20 290 put for like $94 (when SP was 258 in early morning)

IIRC.. the CAO who quit was bought in for privatization deal, so no deal, no use in TSLA. Surprising that this was only mentioned in one late afternoon article after full damage was done.

Its funny, when this guy came in, it didnt push the stock price up, but when he quit, he took down the stock 6% with him. What an expensive hire for just 1 month.

This morning I had posted that weak longs who got trapped yesterday will sell today. They just got the perfect panic news.

OK, there are some good decisions in here. In fact, there's a reorg hidden in here.

Jerome Guillen is now President: Automotive. He controls engineering, supply chain, production, distribution, sales, and service.

In other words, he's the COO for the automotive business. I guess he didn't want to handle Energy too. But there you go, Tesla has its COO.

RG0BS1U.gif

Best news this week, IMHO.

"We are about to have the most amazing quarter in our history, building and delivering more than twice as many cars as we did last quarter"

Surely he's only talking about Model 3 here. If they produced twice as many cars as last quarter that would mean 107k cars produced in Q3. Can't be true can it?
Yep, he must be talking about Model 3. Clearly tired and needs some sleep.

I wish that Jerome Guillen and Dave Arnold would make announcements until Musk has gotten enough sleep to proofread his letters.

Reactions: gene
I also hope that Jerome will be able to fill the missing staffing positions for Tesla Automotive. It's not 100% clear what they are and I suspect a lot of the needed positions are basically highly trained secretaries to handle internal communications. (Someone whose full time job is to keep track of automotive regulatory and procedural stuff for different jurisdictions and distribute information about them to the sales, service, and delivery people would, in fact, have a full time job, for example.) His Daimler experience may make him more open to making those hires?

I'm optimistic that Jerome can fix some (and hopefully a lot) of the communications problems Tesla has internally and with customers.

"We are about to have the most amazing quarter in our history, building and delivering more than twice as many cars as we did last quarter"

Surely he's only talking about Model 3 here. If they produced twice as many cars as last quarter that would mean 107k cars produced in Q3. Can't be true can it?

He said deliver not produce... Q2 deliveries were 40,740 vehicles, of which 18,440 were Model 3, 10,930 were Model S, and 11,370 were Model X

If they deliver 55,000 Model 3s and 27,000 S&Xs that's 82,000, more than double Q2.

That's $6+ billion of cars in one quarter... Revenues were $7 billion for all of 2016!

No I think that they would be talking about all cars. That would be 8,230 cars per week. We know that S&X have been running around 2,100/week. That means they need to average 6,130 Model 3s per week. Which does seem like a stretch. So on second thought maybe they did mean Model 3. Which would only be ~4,400 Model 3s per week...

Status
Not open for further replies.