Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you say this?
It didn't kick this one out.
Wild swings (e.g. between +18% and -17% in last two months) cause no lack of sleep here. Its been higher and lower. All long shares, no margin, 10 year timeline started acquiring after M3 reservation and before SC merger. Been dabbling with trading a few % in the last year.

BTW as a basic NYT digital subscriber for the first time added several replies this morning into the whacky comments on the Musk/SEC article from yesterday. This was core of one of them:

The flipflop first of all kicked many out. The criminal investigation as well. Some times it is a matter of rules, not trust.

Elon has always been cavaliar when it comes to the stock market. Not doing enough research beforehand on what would happen to stock holders means many had to maneuver based only on what was twitted. If only musk spend as much time understanding the financial markey as he does on engineering before he decides to announce a financial move, that'd be enough for me.

Try moving 20000 nowadays and you get many road blocks. Moving 100 000+ is a pain, moving millions even more insane.

I think the main determinant for SEC to sue Elon Musk for lying about his funding secured tweet is that he didn’t follow through with going private. He fooled me and I lost a lot of money.

When Musk claimed his intent to consider going private, I thought it was duly considered and announced, and I put in a lot of money to TSLA to sell or hold at the 420 price point. When Musk turned out to be weak, margin ate most my money. I try to learn from this, but the main issue is the same SEC ‘s suit claims, that Musk wasn’t in earnest.

Now wirh the most promising transformative quarter for TSLA ever, once again, the SEC is causing me to lose a lot of money, and may make me homeless.
I'm a bunch of pages behind, so undoubtedly this has been replied to already.

I am sorry you lost money on the situation. However, you said you thought it was "duly considered and announced". The tweet was considering. My understanding of tenses is, that means happening now, not done and complete.

Musk did not turn out to be weak. Musk listened to a huge swatch of his shareholders, the ones who told him they would not be able to hold private shares in their portfolios (both large and small). He wanted to support those shareholders who had been supporting TSLA, so decided to can the idea. That was a person showing strength -- because he did look a little silly in the eyes of the press etc but he took the hit anyway because it was best for his supporters. That decision was part of the consideration process.

Musk did not lie about funding secured and that has been explained ad nauseam.

I do hope you do not become homeless.

I'm a bunch of pages behind, so undoubtedly this has been replied to already.

I am sorry you lost money on the situation. However, you said you thought it was "duly considered and announced". The tweet was considering. My understanding of tenses is, that means happening now, not done and complete.

Musk did not turn out to be weak. Musk listened to a huge swatch of his shareholders, the ones who told him they would not be able to hold private shares in their portfolios (both large and small). He wanted to support those shareholders who had been supporting TSLA, so decided to can the idea. That was a person showing strength -- because he did look a little silly in the eyes of the press etc but he took the hit anyway because it was best for his supporters. That decision was part of the consideration process.

Musk did not lie about funding secured and that has been explained ad nauseam.

I do hope you do not become homeless.

I love Elon. He is the man I wanted to be, if only I wasn’t so typically human.

He should not have done this. He could have sent out the exact same tweets over the weekend and everything would be great right now.

Ulmo hang in there. I am losing a bunch too. Hope you can hang in there. This will turn around. Tesla Is On the verge of becoming the dominant EV car manufacturer for years to come.

When Musk turned out to be weak, margin ate most my money

So, you were options trading.

While you have my sympathy, I hope this is also a learning experience about gambling. You took an already volatile stock and amplified it, hoping to get rich quick. If you bet your house on that... well... again, you have my heartfelt sympathy, because that's terrible. But I hope it will also be a wakeup call to tone down your risk tolerance. Gambling is only for money that you can afford to lose without making your life miserable.

And as a reminder: Tesla has made it explicitly clear that it cares only about long-term stockholders, and that they don't care a whit about options traders, day traders, etc. That doesn't mean that they're going to go out of their way to hurt you - but they're not looking out for your interests.

Or is it your argument that the WSJ article is entirely made up and not just inaccurate about the Volkswagen detail?

VW CFO Frank Witter denied any VW involvement during a Bloomberg Market and Finance interview on Sep 5th:

Bloomberg:
"Were you approached during the Tesla go private plan? Were you involved?"

Witter:
"No, I heard about the rumours too. There is no substance from our perspective. That were discussions entirely up to Tesla and we were not part of it"

Relevant segment begins at 1:26 min into this video:

Lutz gets 50% of the talking time and says all the made up lies and talking points which he has been lying through this teeth all these years.

I am now beginning to suspect that law of nature favors evil over good.
Quakers a non violent religion has only 210,000 members all other religions that espouse violence billions.

From my Electrek post earlier:

Upon a good night of sleep and quiet reflection I strongly feel that this SEC action will give Elon an even greater stage to show us the even greater things that he has in mind.

I recall the sense of pride that I felt seeing the Falcon Heavy launch into space, and the feeling that we are much greater when we can aspire to attain great things for our children and our grandchildren.

I recall trips all around the West Coast region with my family in one of our two Model X vehicles and feeling that I can make a difference in helping to bring clean renewable energy into existence, for the sake of my own needs, and for the needs of millions/billions worldwide.

I recall the vast hours I have spent researching and thinking about how my new found belief in renewable energy over the past year and how it has lead me to the realization that “there is no longer a need for Oil Wars” and our energy source can be sitting on our own roofs, or just down the street in community solar, or wind farms.

I recall the CRAZY, CRAZY dreams that maybe I could consider a buying a plot of land on mars from my government and/or Space X, of course very cheaply, and I could even go as far as contacting Space X to see if my family’s Chinook Helicopters (Columbia Helicopters) could be re-geared, and re-bladed to function in the Martian atmosphere powered by ground based batteries on tethered, helicopter pulled, wheel bases.

I recall the crazy dreams of using Elon’s Boring machine to bore vertically to create a long vertical shaft that could one day, perhaps, be used as a long “gas trapping cylinder” that would help propel massive rockets into space from the bottom of a “mile deep column”

I recall, and see, that in a couple of days a new and incredible upgrade is coming that will allow me to ask my car to “Navigate to “wherever USA”” and the car will drive by itself, being monitored, on all major freeways.

I recall the endless stories I have told my friends and family members, sometimes without end, how my personal doomsday clock has gotten ”PUSHED BACK A COUPLE OF HOURS” in hopes of stemming effects of the TRUE and MEASURABLE melting sea ice and its ramifications for Billion of people.

The dreams that have been realized Elon, and all those that have helped him to achieve, is much more than a day trade. The long term Mission that Tesla has put in place has already ignited the changeover to renewable and sustainable energy for our WORLDWIDE economy. The legacy car makers are building battery factories. The oil/energy companies are “honestly” trying to, find and create, long term sharholder wealth in sustainable energy creation and storage. Long distance High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) lines are being planned to link renewable energy sources and storage. New electric car companies are being created, seemingly monthly, and are bringing new hope and vitality.

Sure, I may be one of many “SuperFans” but I feel quite good about my position. Some follow sports, some follow stocks, some follow religion....I follow all these things, but I most choose to follow what gives me TANGIBLE HOPE for my children and their descendants.

My sincere thanks to ALL that bring truth, integrity, hope and basic human goodness to my world.
✌️

please post this on twitter

Reactions: landis and Nakata
I would love any of the following on the BoD

Eric Schmidt
Reid Hoffman
Bill Gates (don't laugh)
Sheryl Sandberg
Jeff Bezos (long shot)
Bob Iger

Thoughts anyone?
5 disagrees :( why do you disagree?

Eric would be awesome. He's high profile, very polished. Commands a lot of respect. And Larry and Sergey are friends/investors in Tesla.

Reid- He's very respected in the Silicon Valley. Very smart and experienced. And was at Paypal w/ Elon.

Bill Gates - no explanation needed. He likes Teslas

Sheryl - duh

Bezos - Long shot because he's sorta competes against Space X with Blue Origin. But still, I think the forward type of thinking might match up.

Iger - He's the most corporate of them all and would bring much stability and credibility.

Do you dislike all of these? Are they too uppity & corporate? Like any?

My recollection (and I have been retired a couple if years) is that you can file any time after the end of the quarter. However, if you file too quickly the SEC may wonder whether you have applied the required level of care and diligence to the production of the numbers.
That refers to the 10Q financial numbers, not the production/delivery numbers. The SEC doesn't regulate them at all, Tesla could just release dollar figures in the 10Q (which is what they used to do a few years ago) and comply with the regulations. Or release their best estimate at one minute past midnight. Whatever.

• Informative
Reactions: Lessmog
Status
Not open for further replies.