Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not selling anything, mind you... and if I had dry powder, I'd take advantage of the buying opportunity, but I don't.

The downward trend the past few days has me spooked. The market already knows what Q3 results will be and the price is still dropping. Elon tweeting like he is only shows that his behavior is not going to change; the type of behavior that most investors do not want in their CEO.

I love many things about Elon but the self inflicted wounds need to stop.

As much as I love Tesla this is not a time I'll be adding to my position, I see more room downward right now. I'd love to be wrong.

Capture.PNG
Elon Musk on Twitter

What on earth could make you ever think he could even conceive of stooping to bribery?

I didn't mean "bribery" as a crime, I meant Elon should use the various legal ways to bribe politicians in the U.S.:
  • "Funding political action committees",
  • "Giving campaign contributions",
  • "Funding super-PACs",
  • "Funding think tanks",
  • "Funding lobbyists",
  • etc.
In many other countries many of these would indeed be bribery, in the U.S. it's apparently a First Amendment right of your money to speak.

These are existing, legal weapons, they are tools that Elon should use for good purposes, because his opponents are sure armed to the teeth and are using them all the time ...

Exactly. Mocking the SEC is totally counter-productive. It is not a solution whatsoever. Why is this not obvious to him? Elon does have a duty to Tesla shareholders and he is disregarding that right now. He still seems rather unstable emotionally. That takes us back to Elon needing a nice break from all of this.

I agree, Elon just needs to drop it. Drop the whole damn thing and move on. A strong earnings this quarter is coming and the market will need to re-evaluate the current undervaluation of Tesla. 3-4 weeks more to go until official numbers get released. The China thing is overblown, we haven’t delivered Model 3s to China yet. The whole world is waiting on their 3, China can wait a bit.

Here’s my hope.

To appease the Shortholder Enrichment Committee settlement:

Tesla creates the policy that Elon’s Twitter will no longer be used for any official company news or material information.

An independent attorney or committee will review and sign off that any tweet he wants to tweet doesn’t violate the above new rule.

Then Elon tweets whatever the hell he wants whenever he wants, as long as it is approved as non material.

Elon has gotten us this far, if he is willing to continue I’m with him. I’m here for the long term.

I disagree with anyone who says he should step down. Sure, could Tesla survive without him now, yes. I am 100% certain that no one can accomplish the mission better than Elon. Even if he has to tell off a few more pedo’s along the way. Obviously I hope not. No one can continue to navigate Tesla on the path Elon has envisioned. No one. It is this vision combined with the mission that I invest in TSLA. If you can’t handle that I think you should sell. And if that drops the price, I’m ok with that, because I know it won’t change the trajectory. Tesla doesn’t need wall streets money anymore. But Tesla does need Elon.

Status
Not open for further replies.