Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the response but what does that mean? If Tesla can’t pay 920 million to someone it’s over?? Sorry, just not up on this stuff.
Some shorts believe Tesla won't be able to pay the loan in cash, and need the share price to be over 360 to be able to pay the loan in newly printed shares. But the financial modeling indicates Tesla will have plenty of cash to pay down the loan.

Worst thing about the Iron Man movies is all the ICE supercars Tony Stark is driving,. Was maybe understandable for the first one, but 2 and 3 needed a Model S (maybe crushing a d-bag villain in a supercar to explain why).

Edit: realized I forgot to mention d-bags in original post
You could not slice a Model S in half without electrocuting someone. That was why they used a Rolls Royce. :D

I don't see how the SP is relevant to Tesla being in business -- the only thing it would do is affect some money raising operations. So for Tesla itself, I don't think it really matters that much. For Elon, I think it matters because part of employee compensation is stocks and he wants them to be compensated for the company doing well. For investors it matters (at the time of selling the stock) because it determines profitability.

So it all depends on POV.
This is very naive or a very uninformed POV. You are extremely incorrect and I want to point it out so others are duoed. Stock price is important for many things. Fund raising especially as you mentioned. Also alot of the regular employees have stock or options to convert as well so it affects them too. The funding raising should not be overlooked though - it's a big deal - because Tesla really need to raise money to get to the next level beyond model 3 or even to full model 3 production. A company with a high stock price has very easy access to capital
That's why some companies when the stock goes thru the roof they issue shares because it's a great time to get lots of $$$$ to expand. Long tsla via stock and options.

• Funny
Reactions: neroden and humbaba
This is very naive or a very uninformed POV. You are extremely incorrect and I want to point it out so others are duoed. Stock price is important for many things. Fund raising especially as you mentioned. Also alot of the regular employees have stock or options to convert as well so it affects them too. The funding raising should not be overlooked though - it's a big deal - because Tesla really need to raise money to get to the next level beyond model 3 or even to full model 3 production. A company with a high stock price has very easy access to capital
That's why some companies when the stock goes thru the roof they issue shares because it's a great time to get lots of $$$$ to expand. Long tsla via stock and options.
You told @humbaba he was 'extremely incorrect' and then repeated the exact points he was making.

We're now bouncing around the lower end of Tesla's long term up trend channel, If it breaks below this level it could go much lower IMHO...
Y2RfCsi.png

If it holds it could go higher pretty quick.
Chart analysis is pretty much useless with most stocks, and especially with tesla. Makes you feel in control, but you're not. Disc: long tsla via stock and options.

Hey, I really like how you take the points I made and then try to make it sound like I didn't make them.

Thanks! I really appreciate it! :eek:

There is a dude on a hobby forum I follow from time to time. He is a self proclaimed expert on everything. He keeps mentioning a 360 dollar stock price is needed by next spring (specific date, can’t remember). If the stock doesn’t hit this price it is automatically over for Tesla. Any idea what he is talking about. Why 360. Anything significant happening next spring that causes him and a dozen others to drone on about the end is near? The guy is annoying...although from the way he conducts himself he seems like he could be 15 years old. Still curious as I don’t understand big company finance.

through their operations, Tesla will bring in roughly the amount of cash needed to repay that debt. that is, they can keep the cash balance right about where it has been if the debt does end up needing to be repaid in cash. Tesla had $2.2 billion of cash on hand at the end of Q2. they also have a CEO founder who has $12 billion plus in wealth outside of his Tesla holdings (though I’d put it at under 5% that Tesla’s operations underperform projections to the point it needs to turn to capital markets for cash for that debt, and under 0.1% that they’d need Musk to put up the billion... which I’m about 99% confident he would be willing to do if this was needed).

tl;dr almost a sure thing your friend is either being intellectually dishonest or has just taken in uncritically a load of nonsense from some out there being intellectually dishonest.

ps- a tell tale sign of this particular misinfo is that it usually includes reference to Tesla “burning” a billion in cash a quarter and there being no sign of it ending. it’s not only ended, it’s crossing to positive cash flow now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.