Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was perfect. Calling out the B.S. That's all that's needed. It's actually more powerful that way.

Very true. I don’t think he needs to say much, other than “this is untrue” to shut down FUD. I hope he does this once in awhile, there’s no need for a long drawn out tweet to explain the situation. Just simply fight FUD if there were incorrect news tweet “untrue.”

Please continue to stay quiet like this Elon.

I think Murdoch was the front runner, until Elon announced he wasn't.

The chairman selection process should be a closed door, cards close to the chest kind of thing. How tf does this get leaked to the media. Elon was pissed by the leaks at the highest level, and wanted to send a message that this is not done. I think fairly so.

Or he is playing a game with the media, or possibly leaving some crumbs to find who the leaker is. There's a small chance this happened with Elon's approval, but very unlikely IMO.

The chairman selection process should be a closed door, cards close to the chest kind of thing. How tf does this get leaked to the media. Elon was pissed by the leaks at the highest level, and wanted to send a message that this is not done. I think fairly so.

Its likely that Jame's folks are planting stories to promote his candidacy. Clearly he is vying for that position.

I really hope the chairman
- Has vision & mission that aligns with Tesla's providing solutions for Climate Change mission.
- Has experience as either CEO or Chairman of a well known Fortune 500 tech or auto company.
- Has a relatively clean record.

James Murdoch is dubious on all these counts.

Purely in terms of SP, naming someone with a lot of market cred will help SP, atleast in the short term.

I am super long $tsla, like 10-20years I guess will be the biggest potential.
But I don't want to hold through a 2008-like market, sorry but it has been a really red day for tech. :(
Guess I will hold, and show strength in this weak market.

I'm not sure you are suited to long term TSLA. If you believe the fundamentals of the company all this volitality is just useless comments by gamblers. I know it is hard but I originally bought some shares with some extra savings just for the commitment shortly after receiving my MS. Then it went up and I bought several hundred ar $271 from my retirement acct (a small %) only to see it tank to 180. I bought some more while it was down and a couple of years later saw $271 in the rear view mirror. It is really important IMO for you to not need the money in any short term. I bought more at $350 because I could see being forced out at $420 by the tweet. But the fundamentals are better than ever so I picked up more today. I have to say to you only bet what you can afford to lose and not go crazy.

Some feel good story. I hope Tesla takes DaveT’s advice and control the narrative with these sorts of positive FUD.

Flint schools are getting safe water fountains thanks to Elon Musk - CNN

SpaceX: Elon Musk Shares Falcon 9 Image That Highlights Its True Size | Inverse

Oh, hey, that Flint thing FINALLY got picked up by somebody. Funny how it was major news across multiple outlets that Tesla had to pay $200k in tax penalties due to a clerical error but radio silence on Elon donating over $400k to fix water contamination in Flint schools.

Or he is playing a game with the media, or possibly leaving some crumbs to find who the leaker is. There's a small chance this happened with Elon's approval, but very unlikely IMO.
Who is the leaker? This was either complete BS speculation from someone "familiar with spreading BS," or there is someone pretty high up with Tesla who is a little too chatty with the media. I would not be happy about this if I were the Tesla CEO.

Some feel good story. I hope Tesla takes DaveT’s advice and control the narrative with these sorts of positive FUD.

Not only was it a nice humanitarian thing to do, but this Flint water project that Elon helped fund really created some favorable PR. I had several people comment to me how Elon is actually a pretty good guy after they heard about the Flint thing. I'm already getting the impression that the perception of Elon is notably improving over the past week. Amazing, really.

The correction on the flint article was really funny. Looks like these CNN folks are from the future. Last I checked, he still was the chairman.

SmartSelectImage_2018-10-10-22-33-49.png

Status
Not open for further replies.