Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the person you asked the question … but … in my wife's case, she wants a higher car. That gives her better visibility & it's easier on her somewhat troubled knees.
Just one more data point.

Talked to a pre-school teacher today. Her husband got a 3 a couple of weeks back. Asked her how it is - says she hasn't driven it much. Prefers her current Audi since it sits higher.

All the men who design cars have completely ignored how it feels for women (who are generally shorter) to drive low cars. This is the reason diversity is such an asset in any business.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
Just one more data point.

Talked to a pre-school teacher today. Her husband got a 3 a couple of weeks back. Asked her how it is - says she hasn't driven it much. Prefers her current Audi since it sits higher.

All the men who design cars have completely ignored how it feels for women (who are generally shorter) to drive low cars. This is the reason diversity is such an asset in any business.

They just need to hire me. I know what women want.

"A selection of Tesla products ready for immediate sale"???

Please ban this troll (post reported for trolling).

I find @beachbum77's posts as funny as the next guy, but this is objectively true. My buddy ordered a P3D last weekend. He was offered two different ones locally first but neither met his requirements. My local Tesla gallery contact called me today offering two AWD 3s as immediate upgrades from my 3RWD (he knows I've been tossing around the idea of trading up). They exist. So do various X and S vehicles from time to time.

Of course this is noise in the scheme of Tesla's overall production level, and doesn't illustrate the point that beachbum would like you to think it does. But if we're to hold others to being factual, so must we be. Tesla has some level of inventory vehicles for sale. It's a thing. Don't pretend it's not.

"I thought there was some chance we'd see a near term bankruptcy on Tesla, but now that is probably off the table"
- Mark B. Speigel on Yahoo Finance

The guy sounds depressed.

I hope he is. He's been actively attempting to sabotage Tesla, in bad faith, for years. Additionally, he's a terrible person, as evidenced by dozens of tweets that teenage boys hiding in their parents' basements would be embarrassed to have attached to their names. And those are just among the tweets I've personally seen (I don't follow him, rather just check in periodically).

Here's a fun recap of some of his Tesla-related commentary over the years. (If you can get past the author's terrible grammar/attention to detail.)

You know what will boost solar and car sales all at the same time? Throw in a Tesla charger(plus free installation) if you get solar. It makes everything feels like they are selling you the whole package deal. Tesla gave me nothing for going solar, and buying a model 3. It's just so simple to help them boost solar sales. Wonder why they don't do it but instead gives you a free nest.....

I mean who wouldn't want a model 3 if they already have a Tesla charging station staring at them daily in the garage???

For what it’s worth(and to make this interesting), based on current trajectory, I’d predict Ford is toast and GM will be a near miss. Mercedes and Audi are near misses, BMW is a toss up, Toyota is a goner and no idea about Honda or Hyundai. But, to be clear, this is going to be immensely painful for all of the above, and I see Tesla rapidly becoming the leader and keeping hold of that in the long term.
LOL. You didn't even mention the largest automotive group - Nissan-Renault-Mitsu. What is your time horizon anyway - 10 years, 50 years, 100 ?

BTW, personally I feel these kinds of baseless guesses is what makes some people view Tesla fans as not grounded in reality.

ps : If large OEMS fail - so do all the part manufacturers.

This is why I wish they would raise some $. With more $ they could accelerate the building out of production no? If the demand is there then why not?
I agree but even without a raise, they will get China with local loans and build the Semi facilities with profits from current business. So the business will grow greatly in the next two years even without a raise.

The Bolt is overpriced by $12k-$15k.
Maybe you are being funny, not sure, but it is not that bad, or at least with current incentives. I can get one for a net of $21k now new. at $17k its worth it even with its lack of a supercharger network. At $6k to $9k (real world price minis $12k-$15k) it would be cheaper than many used cars, and people trade 90 mile leafs at prices like that.

Reactions: Subhuman
Although I'm very bullish on TSLA, I think it's better to follow sound investment rules. Don't jeopardize your account. We are dealing with a stock market at a tricky time. Short term unexpected swings could happen. Don't try to "push" the stock one way or another. Just make sure you are comfortable and happy with your position. It wouldn't be pleasant if you go super leverage on margin, the market crashes, then you are forced to close position. Just my 2 cents.

Although I'm very bullish on TSLA, I think it's better to follow sound investment rules. Don't jeopardize your account. We are dealing with a stock market at a tricky time. Short term unexpected swings could happen. Don't try to "push" the stock one way or another. Just make sure you are comfortable and happy with your position. It wouldn't be pleasant if you go super leverage on margin, the market crashes, then you are forced to close position. Just my 2 cents.
True, so don’t use margin and buy calls with the amount you’re willing to gamble on instead..... no interest either.

Any study of people closing winning positions will show that most closed too early. Those who held until the stock reversed are not in the study. They are in a different study about people who failed to close their winning positions.

Having said that, I holding my TSLA.

Selling winners too soon is definitely a “thing.”

But the flip side of that is that investors tend to hang on to their losers too long. And the study points out that this is true not just of retail investors but so-called “sophisticated” institutional short sellers.

I think we will see -- and are already seeing -- this phenomenon play out with Tesla short sellers.

Reactions: Carl Raymond
"I thought there was some chance we'd see a near term bankruptcy on Tesla, but now that is probably off the table"
- Mark B. Speigel on Yahoo Finance

tenor.gif

BTW Apologies if already posted.

Hmm ... You tell me that now ?!

Today I got a weird private message from a one day old account @Niedermeyer who claims to be "Ed Niedermeyer, reporter for Automotive News", requesting that I identify myself to him to prove whether I'm Elon or not. :D

Just to state the obvious: I'm not Elon, nor a Tesla insider or employee, nor am I affiliated with Tesla or with any of Elon's companies directly or indirectly, in any shape or form. I'm not a public figure, I'm a Tesla and SpaceX fan living in Europe, as my "location" tag and the time stamps of my comments already reveal. I'm somewhat obsessed with checking facts, as my user name suggests, and I love speculating about Tesla with other Tesla supporters here on TMC.

(I also hope that no Tesla insider is posting and speculating on TMC - it would probably be highly inappropriate on several levels.)

That my joke about the "Shortseller Enrichment Committee" found its way to Elon via Twitter was funny - I wish some of my other, more serious comments and suggestions about Tesla found their way to Elon as well. o_O

On a related note, congratulations to Tesla, Elon and Tesla supporters for the outstanding execution of the Model 3 ramp-up that helped generate 1.4 billion dollars of cash in the last quarter, $881m of which was free cash flow.

This quarter should put to rest the various concerns Ed Niedermeyer expressed about Tesla's business model in the past: generating ~20% of cash from revenue is about twice that of Amazon's cash generation rate - and Tesla might soon join Amazon and Apple as another U.S. company reaching a trillion dollar valuation.
Ed is now trolling on TMC. CLASSIC. Thanks for all your great posts @Fact Checking

Talked to a pre-school teacher today. Her husband got a 3 a couple of weeks back. Asked her how it is - says she hasn't driven it much. Prefers her current Audi since it sits higher. This is the reason diversity is such an asset in any business.
Nah he probably just doesn't want her getting used to it. God knows he sure doesn't want to get stuck driving her audi.

Status
Not open for further replies.