Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope is not an investment strategy, good old cliche

Why is it every time I make a friendly, chatty, or joking statement you jump in with an attack?

In case you actually care: no, my strategy is not "hope X happens". I operate on quarterly timeframes around the quarterly reports, as well as on other predictable news. I look at how much time is left and break down what I consider the probabilities that the price will fall below various levels in the time remaining, and set my buy targets for the lowest level I think has high odds of being achieved. At the same time I maintain a strategy for what to do if said levels aren't achieved - in this case, if TSLA only continues to grow up to the Q4 report, I'll instead buy stock and sell high strike price covered calls to the YOLO crowd.

Or, you can just keep up with what you've been doing for the past several days and attack whenever you see a joke, friendly statement, or innocent chat.

Last edited:
No sympathy for sold out bull hoping that the price declines while
We suck wind

Wanting to buy low to be able to acquire as many calls / as much stock as possible because one sees a large potential price gain in the cards in no way makes one a "sold out bull". You do realize that the whole point is "buy low, sell high", right? The very fact that I'm seeking to acquire as much stock and calls as possible with my money should make that obvious.

Go attack the people taking their money out of TSLA to buy Facebook and NVidia if you want to attack someone. Or better yet, just go away and leave this thread to people who want to discuss the market and investment strategy in a friendly manner.

Last edited:
The work (and hence energy used) to secure blocks in the blockchain is grossly constant, while the reward for mining is exponentially decreasing.

The reward is decreasing as a sequence of increased difficulty. Increased difficulty means increased hash power. Increased hash power is a sequence of either improved ASICS, or increased number of ASICS. The second is the one usually happening, so obviously there is higher power consumption.

Market related- anyone else noticing the pattern in the volume today?

Reactions: SpaceCash
My thinking? Gut feeling, that's all :)

My gut has never been wrong about anything in life. I’ve learned to listen closely when it speaks and to nurture that sixth sense. This means knowing when the voices in your head are yanking your chain because they will try and trick you. They’ll try and over ride the gut and sometimes they’ll even pretend to be the gut. Indecision pricks my ears because for me it always signals the brain is speaking out of turn.

I did brain due diligence in 2011 but then went TSLA in 2012 on pure gut. I continue to do brain due diligence now but stay in TSLA on pure gut. I don’t care what anyone says, gut is smarter than brain. And even though brain can be real smart it’s also a tricky dicky at times so be aware.

My gut has never been wrong about anything in life. I’ve learned to listen closely when it speaks and to nurture that sixth sense. This means knowing when the voices in your head are yanking your chain because they will try and trick you. They’ll try and over ride the gut and sometimes they’ll even pretend to be the gut. Indecision pricks my ears because for me it always signals the brain is speaking out if turn.

I did brain due diligence in 2011 but then went TSLA in 2012 on pure gut. I continue to do brain due diligence now but stay in TSLA on pure gut. I don’t care what anyone says, gut is smarter than brain. And even though brain can be real smart it’s also a tricky dicky at times so be aware.
Be sure to feed the gut with a nice flora of benevolent lactobacteria.
On topic: Remember this is a peculiar week. Avoid rash decisions. <- that was my gut speaking ;)

TSLA is the most fascinating stock to watch. Pre-market up 4-5 dollars...open BANG big drop....rise thru the day defying NASDAQ then boom big drop at close.

Always interesting...if not always fun.

It's a good reminder to never trust premarket figures too much as being reflective of what will happen when the market is open. It's not the same sort of people trading. You get selection bias.

Wanting to buy low to be able to acquire as many calls / as much stock as possible because one sees a large potential price gain in the cards in no way makes one a "sold out bull". The very fact that I'm seeking to acquire as much stock and calls as possible with my money should make that obvious.

Go attack the people taking their money out of TSLA to buy Facebook and NVidia if you want to attack someone. Or better yet, just go away and leave this thread to people who want to discuss the market and investment strategy in a friendly manner.
Do as you please with your trading , no argument there, all I ask is not to cheer for lower prices.

Do as you please with your trading , no argument there, all I ask is not to cheer for lower prices.

Honestly, if you're obsessed this much over day-to-day price fluctuations, you're a day trader. If you actually were focused on the long-term thesis, you wouldn't care. And you wouldn't be angry about someone getting in at a good buying price. You'd cheer them on.

Honestly, if you're obsessed this much over day-to-day price fluctuations, you're a day trader. If you actually were focused on the long-term thesis, you wouldn't care. And you wouldn't envy someone getting in at a good buying price. You'd cheer them on.

Anywhere under $1,000 is OVERLY under priced for Tesla. Tesla has been trading for more than 18 months at today levels, so I think it's normal if people are a bit tired of this small fluctuation without any significant growth. Those who want to benefit from lower prices had basically the last 6 years to do so.

Now it's time to shift gears and go for $600 without looking back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.