Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KUDLOW SAYS SUBSIDIES FOR BUYING ELECTRIC CARS WILL END IN NEAR FUTURE, IN 2020 OR 2021: RTRS
This is stupid - if this is what caused the dip. BTW, there was a Nasdaq dip at the same time.

First of all, as it is Tesla won't get tax credit after 2019. Second, Kudlow and Trump won't be around after 2020. Third, Trump can't change the rules unilaterally.

Just bought back some calls I had sold in the morning at 365.

Cool story bra
The Mountain View Fire Department applied about 200 gallons of water and foam to extinguish the post-crash fire. The battery reignited five days after the crash in an impound lot and was extinguished by the San Mateo Fire Department.

The preliminary report is available online at https://goo.gl/cDv2kf.

Sorry if you don’t like the truth....bra.

Last edited:
If they must end, that's of course good news for Tesla, because they've already gotten the benefit from them, whereas most automakers haven't.

Overall, bad news for the planet though.

"In 2020 or 2021". And how are they going to change the law, exactly?

They'll have to negotiate with Democrats in the House. The obvious concession they could give is to remove the per-manufacturer limit in exchange for providing a phaseout date for all manufacturers. In effect, that would be a renewal for Tesla.

Leaked documents reveal Tesla had an aggressive production ramp for its Model Y — but the company says that its plans have changed

Summaries from the top of the article:
  • Internal documents seen by Business Insider reveal that Tesla had plans to build its next new vehicle, the Model Y SUVcrossover, at its Nevada Gigafactory and its yet-to-be-built factory in China.
  • According to the documents, which were sent before the company’s earnings call in October, the company had planned to ramp both factory’s Model Y production lines up to 7,000 and 5,000 cars, respectively, by early 2021.
  • The Model Y, which will be built on the Model 3 platform, was slated to have a third row of seats, an IP Riser, and a center consul riser, according to the documents.
  • A Tesla spokesperson told Business Insider that the timeline and information in the documents were “outdated,” but did not specify any further.
  • The company planned to have a pilot Model Y line built at Gigafactory 1 by June 1, 2020, with standard operating procedures in place by August 1, 2020. By September 1, 2020, the company aimed to ramp production up to 2,000 Model Ys a week at Gigafactory 1.
  • The China Model Y pilot line was projected to be built by early October 2020 with the line ramping up to 2,000 Model Ys by November/December 2020.
  • The Model Y documents reviewed by Business Insider outline manufacturing/design changes or additions to the vehicle that will make it different than the Model 3. They include the addition of an IP Riser, a center console riser, and third row of seats.

Basically this article has been written so that Lopez can attempt to smear Tesla - it's thinly dressed-up as news, but clearly serves no other purpose.

I wonder if it's the shorts who pay her or the oil industry - maybe they're one-and-the-same.

Plus it's not like you know how to read. Again, I'm only posting accidents from this year. Stock taking a shite included.
Funny how Seeking Alpha was 100% and there were the same know-nothing douches strokin one another. At least you had a cream pie to suck down when the price fell in the mud as it was forecast... As stated...

might wanna hit refresh on the ol' browser there, bub. your coordinated manipulation is already almost completely undone. nice try, though.

I take a different track. I believe Tesla will go a lot higher but dont seek to sell at the top or for that matter buy at the bottom. Will sell less than 1% of my position [through either sale of stock or selling covered calls) whenever it gets close to the next hundred In stock price.

I realized I can't risk selling covered calls on after-tax shares because the loss of 30.65% of the unrealized gain to immediate taxation is too much to risk. (The unrealized gain is 50% or more of the value on nearly all my shares.) The amount of money deep OTM calls are paying barely compensates for that, and then does not compensate for the risk of having fewer shares during a massive runup.

Over 125k in 1 minute. News?

Wtf is happening with that stock damn it

Minutes ago Benzinga headlined that the president's economic adviser Larry Kudlow said that subsidies for buying electric cars will end in 2020 or 2021. Actually, that would require an act of Congress.

Of course those credits for Tesla buyers will be reduced in 2019 and eliminated by the end of that year as the current law requires.

Apparently some ignorant algobots and weak longs such as day traders failed to understand that Kudlow's words were not harmful to Tesla but possibly helpful, since laggard electric car competitors will be the ones affected. Wiser traders are now pulling the share price back up.

Last edited:
Internal documents given to Tesla employees a few weeks before the company’s October earnings release reveal the company had plans to manufacture its next car, the Model Y SUV,at a rapid speed.
Ok so the docs have been out since October. When did BI get them? Some shorty hold this until they see a good run on the SP and pulled this out to once again manipulate the stock?

Can we get
@pappaj to add this to his list of BS that has plagued TSLA for years.

Reactions: neroden
Lol, Shortie SPACE FORCE trying out its wings today: Failing. :p

Should name their next 'bird Icarus.
Lol.Shortie.Space.Force.TSLA.2018-12-03.png

Cheers!

This is stupid - if this is what caused the dip. BTW, there was a Nasdaq dip at the same time.

First of all, as it is Tesla won't get tax credit after 2019. Second, Kudlow and Trump won't be around after 2020. Third, Trump can't change the rules unilaterally.

Just bought back some calls I had sold in the morning at 365.

It doesn't have to be rational. Algos gonna algo.
I also have orders that got executed thanks to that drop (covering calls as you).

Minutes ago the president's economic adviser Larry Kudlow said that subsidies for buying electric cars will end in 2020 or 2021. Actually, that would require an act of Congress.

Of course those credits for Tesla buyers will be reduced in 2019 and eliminated by the end of that year as the current law requires.

Apparently some ignorant algobots and weak longs such as day traders failed to understand that Kudlow's words were not harmful to Tesla but possibly helpful, since laggard electric car competitors will be the ones affected. Wiser traders are now pulling the share price back up.

Thx good post so then I hope that they will cut subsidies by the end of 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.